Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    Or maybe like, healers would randomly see everyone life drop to zero, and have no idea who to heal. Spamming heals like crazy, but everyone been topped off for ages.
    So basically, introduce another layer of RNG? No thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless Blizzard are brave enough to go the whole distance and bring out some Event Horizon level fear.

I could see the black empire/N'zoths prison being raised from the sea bed or being a continent on the back of Azeroth. Some civilisations seafaring expeditions may have been lost at sea and settled there, some indigineous races undiscovered. Some may have gone mad already. You may have a settlement of humans, who turn into murlocs at night like humans did in pyrewood where they turned into worgen. A reference to Innsmouth.

There may even be a snow /ice raid zone or levelling zone with a mountain that would reference at the mountains of madness.

If we get an old god expansion I hope the void influence is told through the old gods and black empire. Less is more.

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Unless Blizzard are brave enough to go the whole distance and bring out some Event Horizon level fear.

I could see the black empire/N'zoths prison being raised from the sea bed or being a continent on the back of Azeroth. Some civilisations seafaring expeditions may have been lost at sea and settled there, some indigineous races undiscovered. Some may have gone mad already. You may have a settlement of humans, who turn into murlocs at night like humans did in pyrewood where they turned into worgen. A reference to Innsmouth.

There may even be a snow /ice raid zone or levelling zone with a mountain that would reference at the mountains of madness.

If we get an old god expansion I hope the void influence is told through the old gods and black empire. Less is more.
    That I could deal with. Honestly though, I'm still hopin for South Seas. Wanted to go there since the old RPG books.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think, OP, your concern is unfounded.

You have literal example in front of you with Legion expansion. Just look at the areas, if you forgot people were complaining how void of Legion areas were. Most of the areas are pretty much unspoiled by Legion and are not the fel charred rocks you make them out to be.

Broken shore so far is the only real Legion infested area that looks the part, aside from a small corner in Aszuna.

So if you think that void expansion will be all purple shadowy tentacly shit everywhere, you don't know Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshKamel View Post
    I really hope they just keep the void as a "force". Nothing against that, but I really don't like the whole "Void Lord" term.
    The Void is a force, but a mere cosmic force cannot serve as "antagonist", much like the Light cannot serve as "ally" against it. These forces do not possess a will by their own and as the Scarlet Crusade and our Shadow Priests proved, a malignant individual can manage to wield the Light where a benign one can harness the Void.

The Void Lords are the very reason as for why Sargeras went batshit, it's their will and desire to corrupt unborn Titans and flood into the physical universe that represent a threat in the first place. The Void itself, much like the Light, is simply a cosmic force residing at the very edges of reality, one that contributed in equal measure with the Light on the creation of the physical universe and that all kind of trained individuals can learn to harness (much like the Light).
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    In terms of the story, WoW is on its last leg. Also, unlike some, I don't care about the cosmos (I want the game to be about Azeroth... its people... its lore... and our struggles).
    This! Couldn't agree more, really. Even when it comes to fantasy i think most people including myself prefer more grounded and relatable stories.
    I think it's partly why game of thrones is so succesful. And also why (amongst other reasons) Wotlk remains Wow's most beloved expansion. The story was pure fantasy and Artha's was a great villain.
    Now, in an attempt to make the story go on, wow is turning more and more sci-fi, with us going into space and fighting beings who can literally cleave planets in two. You just can't relate as much.

Deleted
    Can the Void's Mind Magic even effect Undead

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is that if we are to kill off Sargeras as is being guessed at from the last boss in the 7.3 raid then they are going to have to go somewhere with the story.. And since it is considered that the Voidlords are supposedly the major big bad of the game who created the Old Gods..

And with that you only have two ways to go and since there is supposedly only one Old God left with N'zoth so you go that route with the story or you go along the lines with a Voidlords story since once N'Zoth is dealt with there is not much left in terms of lore..

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Void_lord
    Last edited by grexly75; 2017-07-03 at 03:18 PM.

If they do something like Bloodborne, it would skyrock the lore and the immersion of the game, i dont want any cheap version of lovecraftian lore and so far the old gods were actually pretty good elements in wow

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think, OP, your concern is unfounded.

You have literal example in front of you with Legion expansion. Just look at the areas, if you forgot people were complaining how void of Legion areas were. Most of the areas are pretty much unspoiled by Legion and are not the fel charred rocks you make them out to be.

Broken shore so far is the only real Legion infested area that looks the part, aside from a small corner in Aszuna.

So if you think that void expansion will be all purple shadowy tentacly shit everywhere, you don't know Blizz.
    Good point!

Sargarus is way beyond scope. The void lords envious of the titans power. That tells me titans are stronger than void lords. The titan of Azeroth is suppose to be able to get to them.
    I would not mind an RTS on this as you play the titans or something. Then next expansion takes place 10yrs later or something with a re shaped world and bring back some as adventures.

I think Blizzard should generally give more love to villains, not just the Void.

Void has potential but I think it will get rather boring if they continue to go on this "Void corrupts everything and is muahaha evil" path.

I would like more if they push that "Naruu strayed from true path" thing and, for example, show us societies based exclusively on Void worship.
    But not in a way, "Hey look at this evil dudes worshiping Old Gods and living in dark/purple buildings", but rather develop actual religion that sees Void as superior or more true than the Light.

I think it would be really cool if in the end we end up being pawns in Light/Void chess game, only being on the side of the Light because its characteristics overlap with our morality and way of life.

Something less nihilistic plz

Deleted
    Blizzard is creatively bankrupt. They have no idea what they are doing anymore. The Void is being pushed simply because Blizzard needs another bigger, badder threat for the next expansion. It's cheap and unimaginative. It directly fills the role occupied by the Burning Legion till now.

They have been straight up resurrecting old popular characters in an attempt to bank on nostalgia, since they can't create anything worth caring about anymore. See: WoD warchiefs, Gul'Dan, Ilidan etc. Ilidan gets brought back and becomes an angel and a champion of light. This is straight up fanfic material. If you'd said this for the story idea in 2008, you'd get ridiculed. Also it's eerily similar to SC2. The void gets introduced as this new universe threatening entity. And destroyed by a former villain turned good (fanfic anyone?).

I'm guessing this void, together with a few new resurrected characters (is Arthas next in line?), will give them enough material for another 2-3 expansions. This kind of storytelling simply isn't sustainable. Then I don't know what. Another stronger enemy gets introduced? Or does Blizzard announce a new MMO to fill WoW's spot and the wait for WC4 begins? Who knows. All I know is that Blizzard is probably hiring their writers from fanfiction.net and paying them minimum wage.

7+ Year Old Account
    The ethos of "gameplay trumps story" is just totally wrong headed, doesn't cut it in 2017 and really just looks more like a cop out when you compare with what their competition are doing these days. In a modern rpg you need to deliver both, and Blizzard have been failing for years. Their approach to storytelling is stuck in 1998.
    Last edited by Thoughtcrime; 2017-07-03 at 08:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    So basically, introduce another layer of RNG? No thanks.
    I'm not suggesting this would be a regular thing, more like some added flavour as part of questing.

This being a regular thing would be the worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    Blizzard is creatively bankrupt. They have no idea what they are doing anymore. The Void is being pushed simply because Blizzard needs another bigger, badder threat for the next expansion. It's cheap and unimaginative. It directly fills the role occupied by the Burning Legion till now.

They have been straight up resurrecting old popular characters in an attempt to bank on nostalgia, since they can't create anything worth caring about anymore. See: WoD warchiefs, Gul'Dan, Ilidan etc. Ilidan gets brought back and becomes an angel and a champion of light. This is straight up fanfic material. If you'd said this for the story idea in 2008, you'd get ridiculed. Also it's eerily similar to SC2. The void gets introduced as this new universe threatening entity. And destroyed by a former villain turned good (fanfic anyone?).

I'm guessing this void, together with a few new resurrected characters (is Arthas next in line?), will give them enough material for another 2-3 expansions. This kind of storytelling simply isn't sustainable. Then I don't know what. Another stronger enemy gets introduced? Or does Blizzard announce a new MMO to fill WoW's spot and the wait for WC4 begins? Who knows. All I know is that Blizzard is probably hiring their writers from fanfiction.net and paying them minimum wage.
    A former villain turning good isn't a fan fic specifically. It's common in media.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I said it before and I'll say it again:

Give us an Azshara + Old God expansion first, and in that expansion, give us more info about the void lords (more reasons to care and get excited). Connect it with things we allready know.
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

When you think of the void, think of the old gods too. They have been introduced in some pretty widely varying locations with varying aesthetics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    The only way to not make the Void "suck" can be summarized in two words: build up. It is just too recent the introduction of the whole concept and there's no point rushing to fight something you don't really give a damn about. Just look how much it took to bring down the Burning Legion, how many events and plots and characters were influenced by such organization and its leaders. Players need to care about taking the fight on Void Lords and company, if you feel it like a shallow progression of the story because you need new baddies to beat on the head than you'll only be bored by a story you don't care about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.