... LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    This is a very superficial thread.
    Everyone is superficial. Let people have fun

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a very superficial thread.
    Nothing wrong with "superficial". This is akin to calling someone's preferences "shallow", which is just a crutch for rejection. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Vieve View Post
    Let us peasants indulge, oh Saint Celista.
    I'm not that saintlike, I don't admire Chris Pine for his mind for example.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Nothing wrong with "superficial". This is akin to calling someone's preferences "shallow", which is just a crutch for rejection. /shrug
    Mmm you are reading into my post too much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Everyone is superficial. Let people have fun
    It wouldn't kill us to have at least one "what personality traits do you value the most in a partner?" thread, among our several dozen (at minimum) threads on physical appearance.

Female. 5'0". 115 lbs. C or D cups. Lil booty. Small waist, flat stomach, but not muscular just natural. Long hair.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't kill us to have at least one "what personality traits do you value the most in a partner?" thread, among our several dozen (at minimum) threads on physical appearance.
    It certainly wouldn't hurt, but it's irrelevant if they're not attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    I actually can remember such a thread. I'm just too lazy to search for it just now. But I have to admit: You DO (or did) sound a bit fem-triggered there.
    I don't actually care about the content of one thread as much as the ratio of superficial threads in relationship to threads where more meaningful discussion of attributes beyond appearance is discussed. It shouldn't be viewed as "triggering" more "we can do better than this, most of us are no longer in high school and most of us should know by now a pretty face/nice body isn't sufficient for a good relationship". At least, I would hope most of us have figured that out by now.

I am not saying I am above this, I went through my own phase of dating a pretty face + nice body with a trust fund for several years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't actually care about the content of one thread as much as the ratio of superficial threads in relationship to threads where more meaningful discussion of attributes beyond appearance is discussed. It shouldn't be viewed as "triggering" more "we can do better than this, most of us are no longer in high school and most of us should know by now a pretty face/nice body isn't sufficient for a good relationship". At least, I would hope most of us have figured that out by now.

I am not saying I am above this, I went through my own phase of dating a pretty face + nice body with a trust fund for several years.
    Again, while other attributes are certainly just important, they're not necessarily more important. Attraction is the foundation of intimacy. Acting like this is "high school" type stuff is silly. Being with someone who's awesome as a person is great, but irrelevant in the context of a relationship if they're unattractive. So yes, there is more to a good relationship than a pretty face, but there's also more to a good relationship than being awesome as a person.

The physical appearance is what gets noticed. Not many people can tell if a person has an awesome personality simply by looking at the person.

Hmmm...a bigger pic of my "ideal;"

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Again, while other attributes are certainly just important, they're not necessarily more important.
    They're more important for committed, long-lasting relationships. We all get old and wrinkly at some point, and people fall in love/are attracted to people who are "not their type" all of the time. I know I have.

I guess if you're only looking to hook up and dgaf about the person that you're "dating", then I'd imagine that looks are all that matters.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're more important for committed, long-lasting relationships. We all get old and wrinkly at some point, and people fall in love/are attracted to people who are "not their type" all of the time. I know I have.

I guess if you're only looking to hook up and dgaf about the person that you're "dating", then I'd imagine that looks are all that matters.
    Really well said and right on target as to why some marriages fail later in life.

Deleted
    A nice feminine penis.

Vaguely humanoid.

Honestly, I'm much more interested in whether she's nice, got a good sense of humor, what her interests are, what her ambitions are, etc.
    Personality is way more important than physical attributes.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Fit enough to start the night off with The Amazon and finish with the Pirate's Bounty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista
    If that is actually the case, why not start one that you feel contains a proper set up for discussion?
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The physical appearance is what gets noticed. Not many people can tell if a person has an awesome personality simply by looking at the person.

Hmmm...a bigger pic of my "ideal;"

Pretty much this
    I have a terrible gaming youtube channel • https://www.youtube.com/fevirgaming

Quote Originally Posted by Vieve View Post
    I tend to play those races - I am tall myself, they seem closer to me- but can't say it's a turn on really.

But who knows what the future has in store for you, Augmented Reality is going to get wild!
    true VR will be amazing thing. i should wish there was a way i could move into it permanently, without this annoying body to deteriorate.

i think the power aspect is the biggest thing for me in that. not just physical power either, complete control. to meet someone i could trust enough to give that to, that just might change my mind on an issue or two.

If only there were a way for someone who wanted such a thread to create one. Ah, but alas...

Deleted
    Just not fat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slim while having ATLEAST 26k achievement points in WoW.