Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Donald Trump Posts Fake News - Literal Proof of his Hypocrisy

Time Magazine has requested that Donald Trump remove several fake Time Magazine "Covers" featuring him prominently with a(nother) mention of his ratings and approval in regards to The Apprentice.

Source

His fragile ego knows no bounds. Deplorable continues to get more deplorable.

Just another lie to toss onto the pile of blatant, baldface, petty lies.

But given that his supporters haven't cared thus far, what's another petty, narcissistic lie matter? I hope TIME sues the ever loving shit out of him for that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fight fakes with fakes. Confuse the shit out of people and keep doing your thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Fight fakes with fakes. Confuse the shit out of people and keep doing your thing.
    Are you seriously arguing that having your head of state lie about petty shit like this is a good thing? Just trying to clarify.

This is what happens when there's no good defense, but you must defend anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

This is only a plausible strategy if the date the fake covers were hung is known. If it was very recently, maybe. If they've been hanging for years and were only recently noticed, then no so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Are you seriously arguing that having your head of state lie about petty shit like this is a good thing? Just trying to clarify.
    When the world's confidence in America collapses at least we will still have our memes.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Does that mean everyone should remove fake Time magazines covers?

Practically anyone can order a fake Time magazine cover and have their photo put on it.
    http://magazineyourself.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    When the world's confidence in America collapses at least we will still have our memes.
    Goddam normies are ruining them so no we lost them too. We will have nothing left.

I wonder what the story behind that is? I mean how old is it, who made it and why, etc. I think we can be pretty confident that Trump didn't do it himself. Probably someone made it and gave it to him. It's a little strange that it's in several locations, and its also strange given that he's actually been on the cover of Time on several occasions.

My guess is that someone made it and sent it in or gave it to him, he remarked that he liked it and had it put on a wall, and someone put other copies in the other places, whoever is in charge of decorating those places.

I think it's one of those things that's not a big deal, but it is pretty funny and a little ironic given the whole "Fake News" thing.

The Patient Lothar from accounting's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Maybe they should. At the very least an individual who so vehemently decries 'fake news' shouldn't be using (attempting to use, or allowing/encouraging subordinates to use) falsified news magazine covers to promote themselves or their business interests.

...on display at the company’s golf clubs
    How is this fake news? He's not pushing any of those covers onto MSN channels and pretending they're real.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

Ladies and gentlemen the potus...

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know, Donald Trump has been Time's person of the year in 2016.

http://time.com/time-person-of-the-y...-donald-trump/

So the issue is that he's had a photoshop montage with a custom Time's cover, right?

We're not making this anything else than it has to be, right? We won't go through the fallacy hole and pretend that Donald Trump was not Time's person of the year in 2016, right?

Good, good.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    How is this fake news? He's not pushing any of those covers onto MSN channels and pretending they're real.
    I feel like I'm explaining the joke here, but it's not fake news in the sense of the word that Trump uses, it's fake news in the most literal sense of the phrase. As in, an actual, physical, fake news magazine cover. Like if I printed up a facetious newspaper that had the headline "MAN BITES DOG" you could call that a fake newspaper.

Although you could make the argument about context: if the other framed things around it are "joke" or "tongue-in-cheek" mock-ups, then it's a joke, but if the other items in the assemblages are actual, authentic, commemorative artifacts, then it would be presented as "real."

I actually kind of doubt, even if Trump himself is aware of it, that he even knows or cares if it's not authentic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post

So the issue is that he's had a photoshop montage with a custom Time's cover, right?

We're not making this anything else than it has to be, right? We won't go through the fallacy hole and pretend that Donald Trump was not Time's person of the year in 2016, right?

Good, good.
    That's the other layer of irony. Actually it's my guess that the mock-up in question predates the 2016 thing, maybe as some sort of commemoration or anniversary of his TV show, and that nobody from the outside noticed it until now.
    Last edited by 33kamous3; 2017-06-28 at 06:55 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post

Practically anyone can order a fake Time magazine cover and have their photo put on it.
    http://magazineyourself.com
    And the Trumplaining begins. Sure is fun to watch you hand-wave away day after day and week after week of utterly deplorable behavior from our Cheeto-in-Chief (I know you love 'e(hi)m.

10+ Year Old Account
    It even made Cracked! Clearly this is news.

but really all it shows is that Trump is an insecure idiot... which is neither fake nor news.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Good, good.
    If you're not understand the fake part of this, the ratings/approval need that Trump seems to never be able to either ignore or get enough of, well, you just haven't been paying attention.

It's literally fake news - it's false, depicting something that didn't happen. What's worse, he's the president (he won, remember? all those red states he keeps showing foreign leaders and cabinet members).

I guess the issue outside the falseness is that it's just so sad he needs this kind of ego boost, over and over again. Pathetic is another word.

Good, good.
    Next month in Time:

Man with fragile ego and decrier of fake news, who actually has a legitimate cover, uses fake cover of a legitimate news magazine to massage his ego even more. Enablers obfuscate and rejoice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 33kamous3 View Post
    That's the other layer of irony. Actually it's my guess that the mock-up in question predates the 2016 thing, maybe as some sort of commemoration or anniversary of his TV show, and that nobody from the outside noticed it until now.
    I have to say that I wondered the same thing. I wouldn't be surprised - it's Trump's narcissistic style to picture himself bigger than he really is. The thing that makes me unsure of this is the part that he goes on about "Obama's healthcare", which is not that far away.

But seeing how he's handling it, I'd say he's not better.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    If you're not understand the fake part of this, the ratings/approval need that Trump seems to never be able to either ignore or get enough of, well, you just haven't been paying attention.

It's literally fake news - it's false, depicting something that didn't happen. What's worse, he's the president (he won, remember? all those red states he keeps showing foreign leaders and cabinet members).

I guess the issue outside the falseness is that it's just so sad he needs this kind of ego boost, over and over again. Pathetic is another word.
    The only fake part is the cover. He never had such a coverage from Time. He did make Time's front page in the past (twice, I think).

I don't disagree with the fact that it's just an ego boost (assuming he's the one who did/asked for this, since it's nowhere to be seen in your article).
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..