Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I have to agree with the first few sentences. I hate Trump, Trumpsters and Protest and Non HRC voters. I don't care what the excuse is. If I ever felt a purge was needed it wouldn't be based on race, sex or orientation. My point is I get the anger and it ain't cause a Republican won its because in my opinion a moronic racist orange Nazi was elected thanks to those who voted for him.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    >lets blame the democrats for a law the republicans are trying to pass

Ok, I'll simplify this since this seems to be lost on a lot of people...

Here I am paying my bill for health insurance the month before Obama is elected. Here we go, roughly $115-125 bucks ... been like this for awhile and has been working nicely for us. Obama comes into office and helps create the ACA and I know people love to blame Republicans for not making it a Bipartisan fix but if people actually got off their asses and read the timeline on what Obama did with bipartisan help they might understand -- I mean if Frontline thinks Obama was in the wrong I dunno who else to cite ... it's fucking Frontline a la PBS. ACA comes in... ok cool... wait, not for me, I'm now paying almost 4 times as much for Insurance if not more AND I have less coverage than I had before. Can only go to certain doctors, still get bills that my insurance does pay for but the bill is still massive. 8 years later... Hillary and her "universal healthcare" promises even with BOTH Democrats and Republicans watching the crumbling of the ACA in effect as people are picking a side...

...and you think I'm NOT going to blame Obamacare for paying 4 times more for my health insurance and getting less from it?!?

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post

Here I am paying my bill for health insurance the month before Obama is elected. Here we go, roughly $115-125 bucks ... been like this for awhile and has been working nicely for us. Obama comes into office and helps create the ACA and I know people love to blame Republicans for not making it a Bipartisan fix but if people actually got off their asses and read the timeline on what Obama did with bipartisan help they might understand -- I mean if Frontline thinks Obama was in the wrong I dunno who else to cite ... it's fucking Frontline a la PBS. ACA comes in... ok cool... wait, not for me, I'm now paying almost 4 times as much for Insurance if not more AND I have less coverage than I had before. Can only go to certain doctors, still get bills that my insurance does pay for but the bill is still massive. 8 years later... Hillary and her "universal healthcare" promises even with BOTH Democrats and Republicans watching the crumbling of the ACA in effect as people are picking a side...

...and you think I'm NOT going to blame Obamacare for paying 4 times more for my health insurance and getting less from it?!?
    And do you know which party poisoned the ACA?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Yeah, Trump or Congressional Republicans aren't going to help you at all. If you were super concerned about healthcare and you still voted for Trump/GOP... well, you're about to reap what you sewed. Sorry.
    Who the fuck do you want me to vote for? The Democrats... the same motherfuckers who made my health insurance go upwards of $500 a month instead of my old $115 or so ... so ok, let me get this straight cause the irony I'm feeling is fucking hilarious. I vote FOR the Democrats not once... but twice... and get fucked over for health insurance and you want me to vote ONE MORE TIME cause third times a charm!??! Hillary Clinton's promises of Universal Healthcare were never going to happen and neither were Paul Ryan's promises a la Trump ... maybe Jill Stein had some fucking magic wand to fix the healthcare system.

But ya... blame me for voting for Obama twice and getting fucked over for it AND I can't complain about that cause "Trump" ... c'mon.

10+ Year Old Account

What you're missing is that healthcare and insurance rates were forecasted to jump before the ACA was even a thing. Rates didn't skyrocket because of the ACA, they were already starting the upward trend in the early 2000s. The ACA actually slowed the trajectory for a couple years. If the ACA was never passed and everything stayed the same you'd still be paying about the same. We have to pay for all these pill popping baby boomers somehow.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2017-07-02 at 02:13 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Repealing Obamacare is one thing, but be aware of what you're replacing it with.
    Trump's most recent plan was to replace it with literally nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    And do you know which party poisoned the ACA?
    Democrats. I knew right from the get go that healthcare like that would NOT work in the United States and it would end up costing taxpayers a metric fuck ton and you'll notice I say Metric because half of my family lives in Canada so I've seen both sides of the fence. For the amount the healthcare system charges down here, universal healthcare would bankrupt the country so fast it's not even funny. All you have to do is go to Google and type in "is obamacare failing before trump" and you'll get numerous news articles from right and left wing media outlets about how much of a cesspool it is growing into but by all means keep thinking the Republicans and Trump did it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    What you're missing is that healthcare and insurance rates were forecasted to jump before the ACA was even a thing. Rates didn't skyrocket because of the ACA, they were already starting the upward trend in the early 2000s. The ACA actually slowed the trajectory for a couple years. If the ACA was never passed and everything stayed the same you'd still be paying about the same. We have to pay for all these pill popping baby boomers somehow.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapot.../#3d038a5815be

Forbes dude... Forbes. All they care about is money and the premiums were not going to rise as insanely as they did because of the ACA.

7+ Year Old Account
    -- snip --
    Let me get this straight: You are mad at something posted on Reddit so you came to MMO-C to post about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump's most recent plan was to replace it with literally nothing.
    If Trump just ignored it right now, the "literally nothing" is what insurance companies would offer to the States as they slowly stop insuring left and right because of how horrible the ACA turned out. Right as we speak, insurers are dropping literal counties in States in the country ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Let me get this straight: You are mad at something posted on Reddit so you came to MMO-C to post about it?
    Was hoping for more humans here. :P Try talking Politics *cough* Democratic politics only or we'll fucking kill you *cough* over on Reddit and you'll understand why I don't talk there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah I have to agree with the first few sentences. I hate Trump, Trumpsters and Protest and Non HRC voters. I don't care what the excuse is. If I ever felt a purge was needed it wouldn't be based on race, sex or orientation. My point is I get the anger and it ain't cause a Republican won its because in my opinion a moronic racist orange Nazi was elected thanks to those who voted for him.
    We had no choice. That isn't how politics operates in the country. There were so many polls about candidates and almost no one in the entire fucking country wanted Clinton or Trump but the cocksuckers still elected both of them as the heads of their parties.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Democrats. I knew right from the get go that healthcare like that would NOT work in the United States and it would end up costing taxpayers a metric fuck ton and you'll notice I say Metric because half of my family lives in Canada so I've seen both sides of the fence. For the amount the healthcare system charges down here, universal healthcare would bankrupt the country so fast it's not even funny. All you have to do is go to Google and type in "is obamacare failing before trump" and you'll get numerous news articles from right and left wing media outlets about how much of a cesspool it is growing into but by all means keep thinking the Republicans and Trump did it.
    Swing and a miss there, sonny Jim. First off, the ACA is built off of Romney's healthcare plan in Mass ... it was republican base. Secondly, republicans forced a lot of changes to the bill as originally presented ... it was Republican poisoning the bill. Would it have worked if it was solely as the Democrats wanted? Maybe, Maybe not.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2017-07-02 at 02:31 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapot.../#3d038a5815be

Forbes dude... Forbes. All they care about is money and the premiums were not going to rise as insanely as they did because of the ACA.
    On my phone right now or I'd post a pic, but you can google the average cost of insurance premiums in the us over the past 20+ years and see the trajectory for yourself, the ACA didn't change it much.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    If Trump just ignored it right now, the "literally nothing" is what insurance companies would offer to the States as they slowly stop insuring left and right because of how horrible the ACA turned out. Right as we speak, insurers are dropping literal counties in States in the country ...

- - - Updated - - -

Was hoping for more humans here. :P Try talking Politics *cough* Democratic politics only or we'll fucking kill you *cough* over on Reddit and you'll understand why I don't talk there.

- - - Updated - - -

We had no choice. That isn't how politics operates in the country. There were so many polls about candidates and almost no one in the entire fucking country wanted Clinton or Trump but the cocksuckers still elected both of them as the heads of their parties.
    Nobody but the 65 million of the majority voting they just didn't live in the right districts. You had a choice if you didn't choose Hillary to stop Trump you deserve your fate. Sure glad I can afford health insurance.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Swing and a miss there, sonny Jim. First off, the ACA is built off of Romney's healthcare plan in Mass ... it was republican base. Secondly, republicans forced a lot of changes to the bill as originally presented ... it was Republican poisoning the bill. Would it have worked if it was solely as the Democrats wanted? Maybe, Maybe not.
    loop holes on top of loop holes and that fucking individual mandate that forces you to buy private insurance is why the ACA is failing. it's too weak and a limp wristed conservative alternative to medicare for all. I'm shocked (not really) how the OP is confusing a single payer system with private insurers jacking up the prices.

Universal Healthcare is more about coverage and insurance and not the actual healthcare system. I was reading from Reddit and talked about it here, I don't post on Reddit cause there are way too many degenerate idiots over there ... here, not so much. :P

No, I was asking you to go and do it so you can see how psychotically they charge for things that do not need to be excessive. I know some peeps here can just stroll in, get shit fixed and voila but actually look at your bill next time to see what the hospital charged. It's off the charts.
    You see those two statements mean you seem to have no idea what is going on with the healthcare system. I am very well aware of the prices and that's because we don't have universal healthcare to force companies and hospitals to control their prices. The rate at which prices go up every year has gone down under the ACA but it doesn't go far enough. Before the ACA up to 25,000 people died every year due to lack of insurance, 50 million Americans had no insurance medical bankruptcies kept rising.

I am not sure what you think is going on but if you think that was better than the ACA then you need your head examined.

A large reason why they're dropping out is because they, like everyone else, have no clue what the fuck is going on with the ACA/Trumpcare, both from a financial and legal standpoint, right now.

Republicans are currently letting Obamacare implode by refusing to continue to support it, while failing pretty spectacularly to pass replacement legislation that can even muster the support of a quarter of voters (currently 17%). It's not falling down this cliff, it's being dragged down by the GOP who are more interested with "winning" against Obamacare than they are with actually dealing with the health insurance issues in our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    A large reason why they're dropping out is because they, like everyone else, have no clue what the fuck is going on with the ACA/Trumpcare, both from a financial and legal standpoint, right now.

Republicans are currently letting Obamacare implode by refusing to continue to support it, while failing pretty spectacularly to pass replacement legislation that can even muster the support of a quarter of voters (currently 17%). It's not falling down this cliff, it's being dragged down by the GOP who are more interested with "winning" against Obamacare than they are with actually dealing with the health insurance issues in our country.
    nope! don't you DARE mention that the republicans are out to just stick it to Obama and shove yet another millionaire/billionaire tax break down our throats! this isn't Reddit yo!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    nope! don't you DARE mention that the republicans are out to just stick it to Obama and shove yet another millionaire/billionaire tax break down our throats! this isn't Reddit yo!
    Which is fucking crazy, because if they really wanted to stick it to Obama, they'd come up with legislation that's basically an out of the park home run for both the constituents, AND themselves as it would more than likely lead to votes.

But nope. Let's be pigeons and shit all over the board.

I see a perfect example of someone who will forget that the GOP is the one who is pretty much 100% responsible for Trumpcare in its current form, and then will complain about how it was someone else's fault. I know, I know, ACA was not 100% republican, but if you're outright denying Obamacare came about in its current form MOSTLY because of all the crap that was demanded by the republicans, then you're one of the reasons why politicians keep getting away with causing so many problems. This is why I will have zero pity for people in red states if Trumpcare passes and they lose everything.

Enjoy your suffering. Voting for Trump just made it worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Trump just ignored it right now, the "literally nothing" is what insurance companies would offer to the States as they slowly stop insuring left and right because of how horrible the ACA turned out.
    It takes remarkably little effort to show that this is objectively false. All it takes is the ability to process information and the desire to obtain it.

Story after story after story quote health care providers as blaming the previously-mentioned (thanks @Edge-) uncertainty -- three (stalled) TrumpCare proposals, the WH budget that strips $1.4 trillion from Medicaid, the WH threats to remove funding mandated by ACA law -- as the reason for their departure and/or rate increases. In some places, insurers are actually coming back, or filling the gaps -- there is an inherent advantage to being the only game in town.

The overall fact, however, remains: no matter how many times you say you got health care for $100/month 8 years ago, the CBO says 32 million people would lose their coverage if the ACA was flat-out repealed without replacement. The only way that $100/month plan could return, is if it was one of the plans made illegal by the ACA, meaning it either didn't actually provide mandatory items like ambulance service, or had a yearly/lifetime limit, or for added fun, both. So, you could get sick and go bankrupt even though you thought you had health care. Your opinion is noted, but the CBO refutes it and theirs counts 31,999,999 times more than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Oh, please. Show me a single country where that works.

I mean, besides that one.

And those three.

And the next twelve.

And basically all of Europe.

Etc. etc. sarcasm.
    You know? Chile has shitty healthcare... and it has far better coverage than the US
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker