Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If you voted for Trump you are responsible for all the bullshit, not just the bullshit you hoped for.

Finally an average american voters voice.

This is why you're country has issues, this is why most democracies have issues. The people arn't educated on the issues. They'll spend days researching a new purse or car part, but the fate of the country can just be glossed over and based on feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post
    We voted for Obama and we got fucked over for 8 years because of it ... so ya, we fucking owned it a lot longer than you guys have.

- - - Updated - - -

You know what, you can joke about it but it was a hell of a lot better than BOTH parties did and now it's a complete clusterfuck because of BOTH PARTIES.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I'm angry at a lot of people over this topic and they all deserve it. The finger pointers both for Democrats and Republicans, pissed off at Obamacare AND the new system, pissed off at NO ONE not getting pissed off at the healthcare system like you who think we should just look to politicians who have done nothing but fuck it up for 8+ years for a lot of this country ... THEY are the one's who are making this fucking problem and the Healthcare system just makes BILLIONS and BILLIONS off of it and no one gets pissed off at them.
    how did Obama fuck you over? I think you forget that there is this little thing called the fucking house with plenty of republicans.

Democrats. I knew right from the get go that healthcare like that would NOT work in the United States and it would end up costing taxpayers a metric fuck ton and you'll notice I say Metric because half of my family lives in Canada so I've seen both sides of the fence. For the amount the healthcare system charges down here, universal healthcare would bankrupt the country so fast it's not even funny. All you have to do is go to Google and type in "is obamacare failing before trump" and you'll get numerous news articles from right and left wing media outlets about how much of a cesspool it is growing into but by all means keep thinking the Republicans and Trump did it.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapot.../#3d038a5815be

Forbes dude... Forbes. All they care about is money and the premiums were not going to rise as insanely as they did because of the ACA.
    So, you have no idea who destroyed the ACA before it was implemented, and use an opinion piece from a GOP group? Seriously, you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Swing and a miss there, sonny Jim. First off, the ACA is built off of Romney's healthcare plan in Mass ... it was republican base.
    This is kind of like giving Nixon credit for creating the EPA. Romney signed HCR into law as governor because it was passed by supermajorities of Democrats in the Massachusetts legislature who overrode his vetoes (he tried to quash 8 separate provisions of the law and failed all 8 times). The law he was in favor of was far more meager in its benefits, had fewer cost controls, and didn't have as robust a funding mechanism.

The Republican Party has never been in favor of expanding Medicaid spending by one penny, and the ACA represented the biggest increase in the program's history.

Secondly, republicans forced a lot of changes to the bill as originally presented ... it was Republican poisoning the bill. Would it have worked if it was solely as the Democrats wanted? Maybe, Maybe not.
    Yes and no. By far the biggest compromise during the writing of the ACA was the dropping of a Medicare "buy-in" or a distinct public insurance option as an alternative to private insurance on the individual exchange markets. That was killed by a handful of centrist Democratic Senators, most notably Joe Lieberman, who were needed to break the Republican filibuster.

What undermined the law the most, however, was the decision by the Supreme Court in NFIB v Sebellius to allow states to opt out of the Medicaid expansion without penalty, which probably stopped at least an additional 12 million people from getting affordable insurance in Republican-dominated states like Texas, where insurance regulations are lax as it is. Kentucky is a deep red state that happened to have a Democratic governor who expanded Medicaid, and they probably benefited most out of any other state from the law.
    Last edited by Slybak; 2017-07-02 at 05:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Universal Healthcare is more about coverage and insurance and not the actual healthcare system. I was reading from Reddit and talked about it here, I don't post on Reddit cause there are way too many degenerate idiots over there ... here, not so much. :P
    No, actually is isn't. It's about eliminating insurance as a thing.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

If you are supporting what the GOP is trying to pull atm, you deserve the ridicule coming your way. Plain and simple. No amount of deflecting to prior administrations or what the evil Obama did during his 2 terms will save you.

I won't however push any kind of blame on someone just because they voted for Trump. Many of them that are not D_T trolls or simple republicans can see the bullshit legislation that is happening as we speak. There is no dead canary in the coal mine when I see Breitbart comments section including arguments between the die-hard supporters and those who call out BS when they see it. This new Healthcare Bill has less approval ratings than Trump, which says a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Universal Healthcare is more about coverage and insurance and not the actual healthcare system. I was reading from Reddit and talked about it here, I don't post on Reddit cause there are way too many degenerate idiots over there ... here, not so much. :P
    It's simply about coverage without the need for private insurance. Universal healthcare means someone breaking their leg won't have to worry about getting in debt. Treating healthcare as a profitable industry is what lead us to the current mess, because companies seek to make a profit. Simple really. We need to change the system if we want universal coverage to be financially viable.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Why is healthcare so expensive over there? Is it actually better than here in scandinavia? Thoughts on:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ure_per_capita

15+ Year Old Account
    Republicans: "Let's pass some massive tax cuts for the rich."
    "But we can't just pass massive tax cuts for the rich without giving our brainwashed base something?"
    "I KNOW, let's roll tax cuts into a bill that will kick sick people off healthcare, give healthy people cheaper premiums for one year then go back to normal insurance inflation rates the next year, and call it a win."
    "BRILLIANT!"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halloaa View Post
    Why is healthcare so expensive over there? Is it actually better than here in scandinavia? Thoughts on:

Drugs are a pretty large part of it. We let pharmaceutical corporations charge us outrageous prices for drugs. You can buy many of the same drugs from the exact same company, for a fraction of the price, if you buy it in Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account

Out of many, many reasons, one huge thing that comes to mind is that so much of the population uses emergency medicine instead of primary care. Going in for an asthma attack and paying hundreds of dollars instead of a family visit and a rescue inhaler for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Do people really exist that think if Obamacare were simply repealed that prices would drop to 2008-2009 levels?

Trump supporters do shoulder some blame. For several years republicans have wanted to repeal Obamacare and they've never given a detailed replacement. Trump made impossible promises with healthcare as well. Trump supporters who believed his ridiculous lies were willfully deluding themselves.

You know how easy it is for prices to drop?

Just take away the minimum coverage except band-aids, pretty sure you could get away with charging 10 dollars a month like this.

Hey OP, you voted him in, now own the consequences.

While the death penalty is a bit harsh can we go with you not voting because you can't make good choices?

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Drugs are a pretty large part of it. We let pharmaceutical corporations charge us outrageous prices for drugs. You can buy many of the same drugs from the exact same company, for a fraction of the price, if you buy it in Canada.
    That's just part of it

US for a long time didn't have preventive healthcare, so when the ACA kicked in you already had allot of people who didn't walk it off anymore

US healthcare is only better if you're rich and can afford the absolute best doctors in the country.

For the average citizen it's worse. And much, much more expensive.

There was this article someone linked a few weeks back about how Trump supporters consciously avoid the truth to protect themselves. This thread is just an example of how they do it.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

I was reading a post on Reddit that had someone going off about disabled people losing healthcare etc. and telling Trump Supporters to basically kill themselves and I think I'm finally done with their bullshit.

There are a lot of Trump Supporters that are really unhappy with the current state in Healthcare and it started BECAUSE of Obamacare. I saw people whining and moaning in the thread about not getting this or getting that now, well a lot of people who DIDN'T get Obamacare got royally FUCKED over because of it. My wife and I had our premiums skyrocket from a little over 100 bucks a month to well over 500 bucks a month because of Obamacare and that healthcare system DIDN'T DO A FUCKING GOD DAMN THING FOR US! 8 fucking years... we had to move, find a place that would pay for water/heat because we couldn't afford to continue to live where we were. We ended up losing our car for the first four years because we couldn't keep up on payments and what did Obamacare do for us ... NOT... A... DAMN... THING. NOTHING. NADA. ZILCH. ZIPPO!

AND NOW... we're still not happy because of how Healthcare is turning out, we're sick and tired of getting blamed for this bullshit when this fiasco IS STILL AFFECTING US NOW and we're STILL paying high premium healthcare insurance AND STILL GETTING NOTHING OUT OF IT.

So from that thread that told us to go fuck ourselves and hope we die ... We can say the same thing over here to all of you blaming us because we got fucked over JUST AS MUCH AS YOU DID FOR 8 FUCKING YEARS and we're getting fucked over JUST AS MUCH AS YOU ARE NOW. So please... stop blaming Trump Supporters for Healthcare, this whole fiasco is happening because of two things... Obamacare AND the healthcare system charging way too much fucking money to consumers. The only people benefiting out of this 8+ year shit show is the FUCKING HEALTHCARE SYSTEM SO GO FUCKING BLAME THEM!
    Stop beating around the bush and tell us how you really feel.

I continue to be amazed how many people cannot see these obvious facts:

1. Obamacare helped some people a great deal, but it harmed some others a great deal.

2. The Obamacare exchanges are selling a product that is so bad, even though the law requires it to be purchased, people still refuse to buy it, and refuse to sell it, even though both sides are paid by the government to do so.

3. Nothing in any of these bills addresses the SOURCE of the costs we are trying to lower. Something around 95% of your health insurance bill is passed on to health care providers, that are somehow not under scrutiny in all this.

4. The efforts by lobbyists in health care DOUBLE those of all other lobbying combined.

The stupidity of all this healthcare madness in the US is - if the USA did health care properly, they would save $1.5 trillion PER YEAR

Then they could split that between a tax cut for the rich AND education and training and infrastructure spending.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The stupidity of all this healthcare madness in the US is - if the USA did health care properly, they would save $1.5 trillion PER YEAR

Then they could split that between a tax cut for the rich AND education and training and infrastructure spending.
    Well you know. They'd actually have to talk across the isle, plan, and commit for HUGE projects that'd at the start cost fuckloads of money for that.

Stuff that the US at this point seemingly can't do as it's run by a bunch of immature school children.
    - Lars