Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ...
    High Overlord
    We found the reason why the game used to be great. ROSE TINTED GLASSES

/thread

Ily mmoc

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    And then the game has much much less stuff to do in max level, so people should do what? only raid and play other games? or let me guess, "Blizz should release content more frequently" which is very easy to say.
    Maybe a system with shinier stuff than transmog to equip your character with...but if this new "shiny stuff" is obtainable once the expansion ends we will be left with the same situation of transmog.

We will be flooded with shinny stuff in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    That's prestige for the top 1%.
    I'm talking prestige to ALL levels. LFR > Normal > Heroic > Mythic

This way the game would be divided in different social classes. LFR being the less prestigious one and ofcourse "less rare".

There should be ways for prestige to the majority of players, not only the top 1%.
    When I said this:

Oh if you want prestige look at the attempt counts of the top raiding guild specially on M KJ. The time they invest, the patience, the dedication. For me that is prestige. Not with somebody who has flashy gear and after 1 failed attempt or pull leaves the group.
    For me the best reflection of prestige doesn't come from the gear but completing those freaking complicated requirements to get an achievement or feat of strength.
    This is what I was focusing on when I said about prestige since so far that 600+ attempt = patience, dedication to finish a content can translate to any tier of raid may it be LFR,normal or heroic.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-07-19 at 01:12 AM.

I enjoyed the game a lot more before raid and dungeon finder. The game was more about community and making long term friends. Now you just log on and queue for everything and never group with the same person twice. Yes you can form guild groups, but it just doesn't feel the same.

I would like so much gear with new animations like in MoP challenge modes.
    They do it in games like league of legends, why not make it a big thing in WoW?
    Maybe is too much work but they could change only one or 2 animations, not all the spells.

I would just like to see people excited again about a new piece of gear. I think new players are only interested in "looks" and not "power"

Now i understand why a friend of mine refuses to transmog. He really liked the feeling of progression of looking like a clown into looking epic with a entire tier set.

Quote Originally Posted by Talsar View Post
    We found the reason why the game used to be great. ROSE TINTED GLASSES

/thread
    And this is all you have to add to this thread... the old, already disproved, wildly overused, cliche of 'rose tinted glasses'. At least try to add something of value, even if it does not support the OP's argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rynard View Post
    I enjoyed the game a lot more before raid and dungeon finder. The game was more about community and making long term friends. Now you just log on and queue for everything and never group with the same person twice. Yes you can form guild groups, but it just doesn't feel the same.
    Agreed. The game has drastically changed. Even though some would say you can do some of the same things, its fundamentally different in its overall feel and social structure. WoW used to be a world, now its more or less just a collection of tasks.
    Last edited by Demithio; 2017-07-19 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    And this is all you have to add to this thread... the old, already disproved, wildly overused, cliche of 'rose tinted glasses'. At least try to add something of value, even if it does not support the OP's argument.
    Not that I totally agree with the nostalgia argument it does hold some merit. Also, it has not been 'disproved' in any fashion. You can deny nostalgia for yourself sure, but you can not say that is the case for everyone.

This is a no brainer: This game used to be great because your in-game character carried a reputation within your closed community. That is largely gone.

The transmog option is fantastic and has nothing to do with this conversation.