Page 79 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Which is like saying Priests are pointless because Mages use magic. Try harder.
    If the Only example of a Priest ability between WoW and wC3 was firewall, a combo of fireball and living bomb, then yes they would be pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Just like we have 3 specs with Demon powers...are you even trying?
    5 specs, and they all do different things.

How do you plan on differentiating Frost Necro from Frost DK and Frost Mage? Especially when Frost DK is based on Lichs like Kel'thuzad.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2017-08-01 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If the Only example of a Priest ability between WoW and wC3 was firewall, a combo of fireball and living bomb, then yes they would be pointless.
    Kodoriders don't sing hymns. Again I don't know where you're going with the Hearthsinger dude since it's not even a WC3 unit which you're so fond of basing classes on. Kodoriders play drums, Hearhsinger sings, they are both making music.

And yes, I think a Bard is pointless. Just not for the reasons you're bringing up. The Demon Hunter class exists despite every Demon Hunter NPC having Warlock, Rogue and Priest abilities. WoW/WC3 examples aren't what makes them pointless.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-08-01 at 06:28 PM.
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

- - - Updated - - -

5 specs, and they all do different things.

How do you plan on differentiating Frost Necro from Frost DK and Frost Mage? Especially when Frost DK is based on Lichs like Kel'thuzad.
    Spectral magic, solid ice spells and so on.Also, right now the Frost Dk is the Frost Wyrm, since you know, two spells based around them and the Freezing aspect which was the power of Frost Wyrm in Wc3, even through i don't think Wc3 should dictate how the spec should be made.

A storm spell that substitute Death and Decay that slowly pulls the target to the center and deals massive damage(its easy to escape if the Lich or any other class do anything significant)

Spectral grasp:Ghosts will snare the target for 1 sec and then slow him for 3 secs.

Ice tomb:Freezes the air above the area stunning all enemies hit and dealing damage.

Icy Claws:Attack the enemies dealing shadow frost damage.

Make it so that they have the aspect from undead with ghosts or frozen fallen and stronger Ice magics, Mages make rain a few shards of ice?Crush them with ice blocks.

The opportunity are endless to be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    They might as well do away with factional separation, it means nothing in the lore at this point, and I can't count the amount of times WQing that fellow horde players kill me.
    Then they could open up the Shadow Hunter/Dark Ranger to undead and Trolls.
    As for blade masters I don't want to be someone that shits all over the idea, but To me it's more like Tmog for orc arms warriors....I just can't see it, but I don't want to knock, just because I don't have that vision.
    Oh you are not the first and wont be the last to see it that way. Allthough I am not sure why everybody thinks that way. I mean, I can understand the way of thinking it sure. Still, Warrior has one ability of the Blademaster and I am sure that Warriors are beeing trained to become Blademaster (seen in Orgrimmar). But the Rogue for example, has something similar like Wind Walk, Stealth of course. Also in the Outlaw Weapon path there is a passive ability calles Blademaster. Then we have the Monk who shares the orbs and the Mirror Image (Earth Wind and Fire) yet they dont match lorewise, a Monk wont become a Blademaster (since they just appeared some years back and BMs are from the Burning Blade Clan.
    And a transmog outfit for a Blademaster would indeed be a possibitlity, at least I would be satisfied for some time, but there are immense differenses between a Warrior and a Blademaster. Even a 4th spec for the Warrior would be a possibility, but all that would just be a very weak compromise to a Class that has a lot to offer, and by that I mean the same way that Death Knights and Demon Hunters have.

Besides, if you give the Rogue a Demon Hunter transmog, would that be satisfying? And now think about that question and how you would have answered it before and after it was announced that Demon Hunter would be a playble class.

I am in this thread, and this forum for a longer time and most people answer for a short time, but the Blademaster seems not that popular, or not popular in this thread. Sure, most of the time people call out the "encorpurated into the Warrior" point, but I am pretty sure there are no arguments against the Blademaster that I did not already adress and solve. Then again, I think there is just a little chance we see the BM as a playable class. I can just see it in special circumstances, and I create them all the time. So sure, I BM is my favorite and i am biased. But I also have fun with this problem solving.
    The only thing that is speaking against a Blademaster is Blizzard not wanting to put them into the game. Everything else I think I pretty much can argue around without breaking my head

You'd still have multitudes of bodies blocking movement and chokepoints, making it difficult for someone to attack the offending necromancer.
    Um... excuse me? Are you sure you're playing WoW? Pets and players don't block movement. You can literally run through them.

Then you have the issue of clogging up the field with minions, making it difficult for your teammates, and bogging down the performance of some machines.
    Warlocks didn't "bog down the performance of performance of some machines" when you could literally run around with a throng of imps around. And as far as "clogging out the field with minions", well, the flashy spell effects almost all classes have do that work for you. If none of the current swarm abilities in the game do that, why would the necromancer's do it?

There's a reason Blizzard purposely changed Raise Dead from its WC3 incarnation to the WoW incarnation.
    There is a reason, but you don't know the reason at all.

They won't need to chase you down, their hordes of minions will do it for them.
    Oh, please, don't be stupid. One: minions leash; and two: how is that different from the guy going away and dying to the dots?

- - - Updated - - -

I only mentioned priests having hymns because the only living Bard with an ability in WoW also has hymns. Which sort of makes their inclusion rather pointless.
    No, it doesn't. Priests have one hymn. That singe ability doesn't mean the entire theme belongs solely to that class.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2017-08-01 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas Prime View Post
    I am in this thread, and this forum for a longer time and most people answer for a short time, but the Blademaster seems not that popular, or not popular in this thread. Sure, most of the time people call out the "encorpurated into the Warrior" point, but I am pretty sure there are no arguments against the Blademaster that I did not already adress and solve. Then again, I think there is just a little chance we see the BM as a playable class. I can just see it in special circumstances, and I create them all the time. So sure, I BM is my favorite and i am biased. But I also have fun with this problem solving.
    The only thing that is speaking against a Blademaster is Blizzard not wanting to put them into the game. Everything else I think I pretty much can argue around without breaking my head
    The only way I can see them in the game is if Blizzard makes them into a spec or prestige class, otherwise we're left to transmog our monks and warriors and play pretend just like we did before Death Knights and Demon Hunters were actually in the game.

I just want to see classic Warcraft 3 units and heroes represented properly in WoW without necessarily adding them all as a new class. Give something to bump up race/class combos so we can truly be Tauren Chieftains carrying totems on our backs, or Spellbreakers with the full armor and shield, or Wardens with the moonglaives and serrated capes. Even if it's a handful of new abilities added to existing classes, it'd be something worthwhile to maintaining the fantasy of these heroes and units rather than just transmogging and pretending.

To this day, the only reason I made a Troll Priest Alchemist is because I wanted to play that Witchdoctor fantasy, back when Priests still had racial abilities. Since they took those away, I'm playing a character that is no different than my Alliance Pandaren Priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spectral magic, solid ice spells and so on.Also, right now the Frost Dk is the Frost Wyrm, since you know, two spells based around them and the Freezing aspect which was the power of Frost Wyrm in Wc3, even through i don't think Wc3 should dictate how the spec should be made.

A storm spell that substitute Death and Decay that slowly pulls the target to the center and deals massive damage(its easy to escape if the Lich or any other class do anything significant)

Spectral grasp:Ghosts will snare the target for 1 sec and then slow him for 3 secs.

Ice tomb:Freezes the air above the area stunning all enemies hit and dealing damage.

Icy Claws:Attack the enemies dealing shadow frost damage.

Make it so that they have the aspect from undead with ghosts or frozen fallen and stronger Ice magics, Mages make rain a few shards of ice?Crush them with ice blocks.

The opportunity are endless to be different.
    Those sound like great abilities.... for the existing Death Knight class.

Deleted
    I say Dancer, just to troll FF14.

Those sound like great abilities.... for the existing Death Knight class.
    You asked How they would be different from dks and mages.I Gave you one of the Multiples ways they van do It, adding Undead themes and work around solid Ice.

Dks work around Frost with physical attacks not necrotic magic, How can i say that?im a main Frost dk, the only Frost Undead spells we use are breath and Summoner sindragosa, two spells related to Frost wyrms not lichs and Crystaline swords again, not related to a lich.Everything else its Frost and/or mellee attacks.

Als
    o, i read old posts from you, you tried the same thing with DH, give spells that could be use in a New classe to a existing one.the new DH proved that blizzard is more willing create a New classe rather then throw a bunch of spells together in one spec Just because they do the same type of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    I say Dancer, just to troll FF14.
    I am totally naming my BE Dancer 'Shantae' if that ever becomes true. :P

You asked How they would be different from dks and mages.I Gave you one of the Multiples ways they van do It, adding Undead themes and work around solid Ice.

Dks work around Frost with physical attacks not necrotic magic, How can i say that?im a main Frost dk, the only Frost Undead spells we use are breath and Summoner sindragosa, two spells related to Frost wyrms not lichs and Crystaline swords again, not related to a lich.Everything else its Frost and/or mellee attacks.

Als
    o, i read old posts from you, you tried the same thing with DH, give spells that could be use in a New classe to a existing one.the new DH proved that blizzard is more willing create a New classe rather then throw a bunch of spells together in one spec Just because they do the same type of damage.
    That's kind of funny, Teriz spouts every other post in this thread that, "Blizzard won't do that." Considering the ability pruning we've seen it's far more more likely that they won't add spells to the DK. It would seem that they would save said abilities to add to a new class, a new Necromancer class, a non-Death Knight Necromancer Class.

Maybe evolving current classes? If they can make the hunter into a melee class, maybe blizzard is crazy enough to make the shaman transform into an elemental and start tanking.
    | Lenovo Legion5 17ACH6H | i7 8700K @ 4.7 GhZ| ASUS Rog Strix Z370-F GAMING | 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600MHz | 2 x Acer 27" Predator XB271HU | Fractal Design Meshify C | Master MasterLiquid ML360R WaterCooling | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1Tb | Asus RTX 2070 | EVGA 650W GQ | Steelseries Rival | Logitech G815 | Playstation 5 | Xbox Series X | Nintendo Switch

Quote Originally Posted by Sorraxe View Post
    Maybe evolving current classes? If they can make the hunter into a melee class, maybe blizzard is crazy enough to make the shaman transform into an elemental and start tanking.
    I'm not against the idea of evolving the classes, but how so, by the class? By the spec? Fourth spec?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Um... excuse me? Are you sure you're playing WoW? Pets and players don't block movement. You can literally run through them.
    And get Dazed over and over again while the Necromancer is behind the lines blasting you to death.

Warlocks didn't "bog down the performance of performance of some machines" when you could literally run around with a throng of imps around. And as far as "clogging out the field with minions", well, the flashy spell effects almost all classes have do that work for you. If none of the current swarm abilities in the game do that, why would the necromancer's do it?
    Because Warlocks have a ramp up time to get to the point where they have a lot of minions on the board, and even then, they don't last long.

There is a reason, but you don't know the reason at all.
    Then by all means, I'd love to hear your reasons.

Oh, please, don't be stupid. One: minions leash; and two: how is that different from the guy going away and dying to the dots?
    Because a DoT is one source of damage. Multiple mobile minions chasing you while you're getting blasted by spells is multiple sources of damage. BTW, what's the minion leash range? The Hunter's pet range is ridiculously huge.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753945530

No, it doesn't. Priests have one hymn. That singe ability doesn't mean the entire theme belongs solely to that class.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Hymn_of_Hope

Nothing stops Priests from getting that ability again, or more Hymn abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Kodoriders don't sing hymns. Again I don't know where you're going with the Hearthsinger dude since it's not even a WC3 unit which you're so fond of basing classes on. Kodoriders play drums, Hearhsinger sings, they are both making music.
    You must have me confused with Ielenia. I view Hearthsinger as nothing more than a vanilla sub-boss from Stratholme, not some harbinger of a Bard class.

And yes, I think a Bard is pointless. Just not for the reasons you're bringing up. The Demon Hunter class exists despite every Demon Hunter NPC having Warlock, Rogue and Priest abilities. WoW/WC3 examples aren't what makes them pointless.
    Well the Demon Hunter class also exists because Blizzard was willing to take a WC3-based ability from Locks and give it to the new Demon Hunter class. If you notice, the Demon Hunter is very close to its WC3 roots, just like every expansion class before it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, and none of those abilities would be out of place in the DK class. In fact, they sound like variations of existing abilities.

Wouldn't the ability to summon an undead dragon be an example of necrotic magic?

Als
    It goes beyond doing the same type of damage, they also have the same theme as the DK as well. I mean seriously, would a spell called "Ice Tomb" really be out of place in the Frost DK spec?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    That's kind of funny, Teriz spouts every other post in this thread that, "Blizzard won't do that." Considering the ability pruning we've seen it's far more more likely that they won't add spells to the DK. It would seem that they would save said abilities to add to a new class, a new Necromancer class, a non-Death Knight Necromancer Class.
    You're not going to be seeing ability pruning next expansion. Blizzard will have to give classes more abilities to make up for the loss of the Artifact-based abilities we're going to lose.

You must have me confused with Ielenia. I view Hearthsinger as nothing more than a vanilla sub-boss from Stratholme, not some harbinger of a Bard class.
    Yet you kept bringing him up? Kodo rider is more than enough to substantiate music as a class theme. That's the only basis a Bard needs, whether it retains that name or not.

Well the Demon Hunter class also exists because Blizzard was willing to take a WC3-based ability from Locks and give it to the new Demon Hunter class. If you notice, the Demon Hunter is very close to its WC3 roots, just like every expansion class before it.
    And Hymns aren't a reason to exclude a class when you acknowledge that Blizzard is willing to change current classes to make room for new ones.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-08-01 at 10:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet you kept bringing him up? Kodo rider is more than enough to substantiate music as a class theme. That's the only basis a Bard needs, whether it retains that name or not.
    Fine, then I'll eagerly await insights on a possible Kodo Riding class.

And Hymns aren't a reason to exclude a class when you acknowledge that Blizzard is willing to change current classes to make room for new ones.
    It is when the ability in question is simply a combination of two Priest abilities at that time.

It is when the ability in question is simply a combination of two Priest abilities at that time.
    No, it isn't. It's never mattered and you don't even have a substantial reasoning for why it would. You've been consistently wrong about all your reasonings.

Again, I don't think a Bard is even a good idea. That doesn't mean we can discount it using faulty reasoning.

A Bard is a classic D&D RPG class, just like Monks, Rogues and Priests (Clerics). There's honestly no reason why an entire RPG archetype would be rendered pointless simply because of one healing hymn. You've pointed that out before knowing that a simple Punch or Kick from Warriors or Rogues have no bearing on a Monk class. It's as irrelevant as saying Tinkers are rendered pointless because Hunters have explosives and grenades.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-08-01 at 10:44 PM.

You're not going to be seeing ability pruning next expansion. Blizzard will have to give classes more abilities to make up for the loss of the Artifact-based abilities we're going to lose.
    I agree we probably won't loose the one new ability we got in Legion, every talents in the artifact window is nothing more than glorified passives that could just as easily be baked into each spec.

My point is that DarkTBS made up spells that have that death magic theme, you say they could easily go DK, I posit that they could be held on for a Necromancer as Blizzard is making of a habit of pruning abilities not adding a bunch.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it isn't. It's never mattered and you don't even have a substantial reasoning for why it would. You've been consistently wrong about all your reasonings.
    I was wrong about metamorphosis having to be removed from Warlocks to make DHs possible? I was wrong about tge DH having a shallow design space, which causes it to have only two specs?

Interesting....

Again, I don't think a Bard is even a good idea. That doesn't mean we can discount it using faulty reasoning.
    Like I said, I eagerly await insights on a kodo riding class which now I assume can also sing Priest hymns.