Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    It literally is. Telling kids they have to believe the religion or they're going to suffer for eternity and never see their loved ones again is awful.
    It isn't though.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Irrelevant, Canada is a sovereign nation that decides what happens in their own territory. If they would tell him to fuck off and not pay there's nothing he can do about it. If you receive payment it's because the government wants to, not because they have to, because they don't have to.

I have never once made the claim that they cannot ask.
    So you do have no idea, if all you can give me are vague principles. What does Canada being a sovereign nation matter? The government still answers to the edicts of the judiciary in many matters, money is not off the table just because you say so. If you can ask for money, you can get it. Otherwise the lawsuit would be absolutely pointless and frivolous, the judge would just dismiss it outright. Do you even know how courts of law work?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It literally is. Telling kids they have to believe the religion or they're going to suffer for eternity and never see their loved ones again is awful.
    I was told that by Religious people growing up, Do you know what I did?

Well for one I didn't become a piece of shit terrorist in my Teenage years and kill people because of a lack of intelligence to not believe in imaginary people.

Terrorist sympathisers are scum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    So you do have no idea, if all you can give me are vague principles. What does Canada being a sovereign nation matter? The government still answers to the edicts of the judiciary in many matters, money is not off the table just because you say so. If you can ask for money, you can get it. Otherwise the lawsuit would be absolutely pointless and frivolous, the judge would just dismiss it outright. Do you even know how courts of law work?
    Yes, I know how courts of law work. You seem to not understand how sovereignty and governments work however. Governments are the supreme rulers of their territory, they make the rules. If they decide to ignore you, there's fuck all you can do about it because they're the rulers. They could make your existence illegal if they wanted to.

Yes, I know how courts of law work. You seem to not understand how sovereignty and governments work however. Governments are the supreme rulers of their territory, they make the rules. If they decide to ignore you, there's fuck all you can do about it because they're the rulers. They could make your existence illegal if they wanted to.
    What kind of nonsense is this? Do you think Canada is some banana republic or something? The government doesn't brush aside the decisions of the judiciary just because they feel like it. Laws matter, and the government will abide by them. You can sue for money, you can get your money, because getting money is the entire point of suing in civilian courts.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Thought so... all German right wing parties take Canadas immigration program as their idol. Very bad imo.
    To be honest, Trudeau has basically attempted to replicate Merkel to the best of his ability in regards to refugees. Only problem is that giant ass puddle called the Atlantic makes it extremely difficult for them to get here, not to mention costly. Now we are seeing issues with illegal immigrants crossing the border from the USA, with the assistance of American citizens knowing full well that these people are not only entering Canada illegally, they are in America illegally. Now they are getting detained when they cross our borders because we patrol the non traditional areas pretty heavily, and they are getting detained, as to how many of them are getting deported because they don't qualify for asylum, both the feds as well as the Canadian Border Services won't say. Methinks Trudeau is intentionally muzzling them in order to prevent widespread fear mongering and racism than we already have. Good on him for doing it, but Canadians do have a right to now how our government is handling illegal immigrants, especially undocumented one's.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    >part of a Terrorist Organization
    >Kills a Medic
    >commits crimes against his Country
    >gets released, and Apology AND given millions of dollars

I mean, if anyone ever wanted to show just how much of a fucking idiotic and absolute piece of shit Trudeau is, look no further.

15 year old or not, he should've just been put down like all scum like him.
    It's almost like ignoring human rights has consequences. Don't like it? Then do things properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    What kind of nonsense is this? Do you think Canada is some banana republic or something? The government doesn't brush aside the decisions of the judiciary just because they feel like it. Laws matter, and the government will abide by them. You can sue for money, you can get your money, because getting money is the entire point of suing in civilian courts.
    They can if they want to. That's my point. You're only able to get money because they want to.

Laws matter and the government will abide by them? You're aware that they're the ones who make the law, yes? They can just change the law if they don't like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    America actually did stuff to him and I highly doubt they would do this, I don't get why we should. I mean I get that we're nice and love to apologize but that doesn't seem like a good enough reason to give away 10 mil. Not that I'm necessarily against giving him some money.

They can if they want to. That's my point. You're only able to get money because they want to.
    Civilized countries don't ignore their judiciary branch of government.

It's almost like ignoring human rights has consequences. Don't like it? Then do things properly.
    It doesn't though. Explain the lifting of sanctions against myanmar in the midst of an ongoing genocide against the muslim population.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    International courts where u.s. did not sign up. the courts have no jurisdiction behind it for the u.s.
    You forgot this is about Canada, MR.'murica.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, all you need with this... kind of people(other words will get me banned), are terrorist accustions, they you're free to torture them for ages, no matter the age.
    Fuck trails and human rights11

It doesn't though. Explain the lifting of sanctions against myanmar in the midst of an ongoing genocide against the muslim population.
    I'm still baffled how anyone can support this.

Do you want to be labeled a terrorist, tortured until you confess, and have no rights to appeal or trial or legal counsel?

I'm still baffled how anyone can support this.

Do you want to be labeled a terrorist, tortured until you confess, and have no rights to appeal or trial or legal counsel?
    I'm not supporting it. I'm pointing out that human rights don't matter as much as you think they do. Singapore is yet to be sanctioned despite people whining about our human rights violations. Why is that?

Why were sanctions lifted against a country with an ongoing genocide if human rights matter so much?

Where are the sanctions against Saudi Arabia?

No, it isn't. You're just religion bashing.
    No, I am ignorance bashing, if religion is part of it, then by all means take it as you will.

I'm not in a position to judge this person since I don't know their life story but I don't think the guy should be getting $8 Million. Regardless of whether he was just a brainwashed 15 year old, he killed soldiers in war for a terrorist group. Freedom seems more than generous considering that.

There are literally people in jail for as long if not longer for selling Marijuana which has never killed anyone and can be used as a medicine. I don't see them getting millions of $ when they get out of prison for a harmless crime that shouldn't be a crime. Hell even selling hard drugs that can kill people doesn't seem even close to as bad as being a terrorist that has killed U.S soldiers.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2017-07-05 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taso View Post
    Their pseudo religions i.e. Designed to scam people and exploit their vulnerabilities. And because some people feel it provides a sense of purpose. what about In Regards to Einstein? He was Jewish religiously and yet very smart and tolerant. Jimmy carter was a southern baptist and while he was poor in foreign policy he still held compassion. So what are saying that religion is terrible? May I also remind you of Woodrow wilison and Secretary of State creationist believer William Jennings Bryan.
    Einstein was agnostic. He didn't do organized religion.

And yes, most religions are terrible because they lie to people.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I'm not in a position to judge this person since I don't know their life story but I don't think the guy should be getting $8 Million. Regardless of whether he was just a brainwashed 15 year old, he killed soldiers in war for a terrorist group. Freedom seems more than generous considering that.

There are literally people in jail for as long if not longer for selling Marijuana which has never killed anyone and can be used as a medicine. I don't see them getting millions of $ when they get out of prison for a harmless crime that shouldn't be a crime. Hell even selling hard drugs that can kill people doesn't seem even close to as bad as being a terrorist that has killed U.S soldiers.
    People in jail for marijuana usually aren't tortured and still have rights.

Though people shouldn't be in jail for marijuana, but that's another topic entirely.

the fact that an unjust or overly-punitive law exists somewhere doesn't mean we all just have to throw up our hands at every instance of injustice; the fact that a lot of people are in prison for drug crimes doesn't mean this guy's claim isn't meritorious

this guy shouldn't have been imprisoned and tortured without trial, but the government did it anyway. The way you get redress for this in the english common law system is to sue for monetary damages. If the government can violate its own laws without consequence there is no law.

ed: I mean, if the canadian government were really determined not to abide by the court's decision, would any entity in the world try to force them? No, probably not. But it doesn't follow from there that the government shouldn't abide by the court's decision.
    Last edited by Cheze; 2017-07-05 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    >part of a Terrorist Organization
    >Kills a Medic
    >commits crimes against his Country
    >gets released, and Apology AND given millions of dollars

I mean, if anyone ever wanted to show just how much of a fucking idiotic and absolute piece of shit Trudeau is, look no further.

15 year old or not, he should've just been put down like all scum like him.
    It's a complete shit show tbh. The kid could very well be guilty of his crimes, and he is awarded more wealth than most.

The root issue was taking a confession out of torture. Anyone can easily claim that they just wanted the torture to stop, hence the method backfires on the justice system.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.