Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Can somebody explain this to me?

I get that classes like Paladins and Priests can't fly in their order halls because they're pretty small and everything is indoor. The Druid order hall is pretty big and I get why they can fly but why can't Warlocks or Monks? Their order halls are huge and very vast and it takes so much time riding around there, so why can Druids fly while other classes with similar "order hall circumstances" can't? Just because the Druid order hall is part of the Broken Isles?
    As other pointed out, you answered your own question, because it's outdoors in an area that allows flying. That said, it's Druids who have a valid complaint, they are the only class who can't use their class mount in instances where mounting is allowed. Their class mount is just a new skin for their flight form, which can only be used where flying is allowed. In instances, such as raids and dungeons, where ground mounts are allowed, every class can use their class mount except Druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolifer View Post
    Flying in the order hall isn't the problem.

The problem with the Druid order hall is that the teleportation area they get is a teleportation area that will be usable for expansion to come, while other classes will just abandon their order hall in the next expansion. That is, unless they remove it at the start of the next expansion.

If you are someone who collects mounts, access to fast travel via teleportation is a huge advantage in general, but it just makes things so much faster in general if you "use" the old world. I'd love for someone to explain how they can claim there is balance here.
    Same thing with DK's, unless they change their Death Gate to take them back to the old Ebon Hold in Eastern Kingdoms. Much like Dalaran, Ebon Hold was relocated to the Broken Shore, so when they use their Death Gate it takes them to the same old Ebon Hold, but it's now floating over the Broken Shore. It also has a port to Dalaran in it. With a 1 minute CD on Death Gate, DKs effectively have a 1 minute hearth back to Dalaran in Broken Shore. And all of it's portals leading all over Azeroth.
    Last edited by Slicer299; 2017-07-04 at 11:55 PM.

I do care because I dislike this inequality. Some classes get teleports to their order hall, some don't. Some classes can fly in their order hall, some can't. I think that's pretty... bad (lazy) game design.

I don't want to fly in my warrior order hall. I also give zero fucks about druids doing it. Every class hall is different because it's tailored to the class so the game isn't cookie cutter equal for every class. And rightly so. In the end, all of these minor conviniences such as flying a little or teleporting won't break PvP or PvE content which the game is balanced around.

Please take away the Hearthstone from Mages and Shamans, they've got teleports and don't need it because "class fantasy". Some of the replies here are hilarious.
    Whine some more.

Nobody has taken flying away from you, you just can't use it in one small area because of reasons that have been made very clear to you.
    Warriors and mages get useful teleports around the broken isles, and can auto-complete one WQ a day. Rogues get free access to the BMAH and a 5k gold quest per week. Different classes get different perks, and that's perfectly fine.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    Nobody has taken flying away from you, you just can't use it in one small area because of reasons that have been made very clear to you.
    And I already told you more than once that there is a huge difference between missions and a simple convenience thing like a teleport or the ability to mount up. If you can't or won't understand that it's fine, I'm not going to discuss with you anymore, I dislike your tone. "Class fantasy" is definitely no reason as pointed out earlier.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-07-05 at 07:08 AM.

I do care because I dislike this inequality. Some classes get teleports to their order hall, some don't. Some classes can fly in their order hall, some can't. I think that's pretty... bad (lazy) game design.
    Quote Originally Posted by saradonin View Post
    Because we can't use our retarded twisted neck owl class "mount" anywhere else where others can (raids, BG's etc.).
    I do care because I dislike this inequality. Where is our justice OP? Why can't we use our useless owl in the raids while yours can.?
    I want equality also, so please email blizz and tell them to let us use owls in instances if you get your flying in Order Hall. Until then, stop talking about equality, you might lose more than you gain.

I'm not going to discuss with you anymore, I dislike your tone.
    What happened to the good ol' days when you flamed someone if you disliked their opinion. Now everybody's so sensitive. On the good part, if everybody becomes a nance, there will be no more wars, just people not DISCUSSING with each other because they dislike the other's TONE!
    =))) =)))
    Last edited by Hellshout; 2017-07-05 at 07:43 AM.

Deleted
    Just like why Hunters can fly: it's an outdoor flying zone.

It never irritated me that I couldn't fly in my Shaman hall. Hell, I can't even mount in my Rogue hall and it doesn't bother me at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I want is not to have my class hall portal obnoxiously located in Dalaran sewers, which is phased, and can cause disconnects if you move too quickly between the phases. Not to mention that the portal will just decide to "be on break" and not work every now and then.

Flying isn't at the top of my priority when it comes to my class hall.

I'm trying to figure out why this thread is still going, OMGerd someone can fly in their class hall, someone has ports to theirs. JFC, you people complain about anything and everything. Lets see, every class pretty much has 2 hearthstones. Your regular one and the one they gave everybody directly to dalaran. Why do you need this? I mean are constantly running between Broken Isles and the Old World? Why, is it for the AH? Oh guess what, unless you were dumb you still have your garrison hearthstone too that has a portal to Ashran with an AH and portals to all the old cities. So technically you have 3 hearthstones at all times. I mean there really can't be a reason to need to port/hearth around to old world or dalaran every 10mins. Also if it comes to that with you needing to get back take a damn FP. Use your whistle if you're nowhere near one and hop on the FP, take a step away from the computer, stretch, take a crap, grab some snacks, look stuff up on the internet. I mean really, who freakin cares that you can't jump around every damn corner of the game every other minute on every freakin class.

And I already told you more than once that there is a huge difference between missions and a simple convenience thing like a teleport or the ability to mount up. If you can't or won't understand that it's fine, I'm not going to discuss with you anymore, I dislike your tone. "Class fantasy" is definitely no reason as pointed out earlier.
    I didn't say anything about missions. Or even about class fantasy. No Idea what you're going on about there.

You've told me nothing. You've said nothing of substance, while ignoring everything that's said to you. And frankly I don't like your tone either, so we're more than even on that front.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as it really doesn't matter, I still think it's ridiculously unreasonable that a warlocks, master of summoning, gateways, and even teleporting to prepared demonic circles, would be be able to teleport to their class hall. Whether they summon a gateway or teleport to a giant demonic circle in the COH or something, it really just doesnt maje sense that we can't. But all that said, it's pretty fast to get to if you're already in dalaran.

Off topic: druids really did get set the fuck up. They can fly (minor really), have a portal network to a variety of normally hard to get to areas, a teleport to their class hall, a MAILBOX, and they are technically part of broken isles so there's less loading screens to deal with. On top of their class hall mount being an INSTANT PASSENGER mount.That's pretty legit, it makes me jealous haha
    Last edited by Azarak; 2017-07-05 at 08:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Because it's in a flying zone. Warlocks and Monks aren't in a flying zone.
    Make it a flying zone.

Deathknights and hunters can too

Deleted
    Its very easy to fix, play a druid. BOOOOM, mindblown

Quote Originally Posted by Zzyxzz View Post
    Its very easy to fix, play a druid. BOOOOM, mindblown
    I'm already playing one. That's why I started figuring out all those unnecessary differences.

7+ Year Old Account
    /facepalm

Different flavours, different solutions.

Is not "inequity", it is consistent with the style/location of the class hall and so as well teleports.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

I do care because I dislike this inequality.
    I agree. Warriors should be able to pull the same DPS just using heroic throw and never swinging their weapon. All classes should be able to use all armor types. Rogue's should be able to throw fireballs and lightning. Priests and Monks should be able to stealth. FFS
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I don't know if you guys have picked up on this or not so I will spell it out. This thread is clearly just bait. No matter what anyone posts it will just get a SJW like response about how the world isn't fair, poor me against the world, and you guys are all apart of the bigger problem. To that I say true to the world isn't fair, no one gives a shit about you against the world, and everyone is in fact apart of the bigger problem since we are here and entertaining a thread like this for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolifer View Post
    Flying in the order hall isn't the problem.

The problem with the Druid order hall is that the teleportation area they get is a teleportation area that will be usable for expansion to come, while other classes will just abandon their order hall in the next expansion. That is, unless they remove it at the start of the next expansion.

If you are someone who collects mounts, access to fast travel via teleportation is a huge advantage in general, but it just makes things so much faster in general if you "use" the old world. I'd love for someone to explain how they can claim there is balance here.
    Have you looked at the list of zones?

Duskwood is trivial for Alliance players, and quick to reach for Horde via Grom'gol, too.
    Feralas is trivial for Horde, and close to Uldum, which has a portal in Org/SW.
    Grizzly Hills is reasonably close to Northrend's Dalaran.
    Hinterlands... somewhat close to Twilight Highlands.
    Hyjal is itself a Cataclysm zone, portal in SW/Org.

And other than Hyjal for Firelands and its mounts, which Dreamway portal would be a truly helpful way to get around the old world, in terms of proximity to raids, dailies and other farmable content?

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    BTW, what started with millennials in my opinion is not that someone wants what others have, but that you want it without putting any effort into it. While the post-war generation had the "If I want something that someone else has, I need to work harder to get there" opinion (on which BTW the capitalistic society was built upon), it has completely switched to "I have an inherent right to everything that everyone else has, because of equality".

Equality has never been about everyone has the same stuff, just that everyone has the same opportunities. You want flight in your class hall? Roll a drood or a hunter. You have the right, the ability and the means to do so, so you are in fact equal to everyone else.
    So much this. And I think this mentality has a bad impact on games made by AAA companies.

what you are saying is bad and lazy game desing, a really bad one, thats why you are not working at blizzard. Sorry dont meant to be rude, but u are using those words like you know whay u are saying and u clearly not.