Old PlayStation Home Social Space Re-Released On PS4 and PC

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ol...source=twitter

Remember PlayStation Home, the bizarre, Second Life-like social area that Sony released on PS3? You made an avatar and wandered around a city, interacting with other players and playing mini-games in the various add-ons and expansions released for it. Although PS Home was shut down a couple of years ago, one third-party social space, called Aurora, is alive once more.

Developer nDreams re-released Aurora on PS4 and PC as a part of its most recent game, Atom Universe. The title is more of a virtual world than an actual game, and Aurora is an expansion to it. Aurora gives you access to everything that was in the original PS Home version, including its "floating archipelago" and the mini-game Orb Runner. Check out the video below to get an idea of what Aurora is.
    According to the developer, Aurora has been recreated from its original, PS Home-era assets. In addition, nDreams has added challenges to Orb Runner, as well as new rewards for playing the game.

Atom Universe is free-to-play, and the game is cross-platform across Steam and PlayStation Network. Aurora is free, too, although you can pay for a new "private space" which comes with three extra items.
    Neat mite have to check it out, I though PSHome was a cool idea but just didn't deliver.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Can't say I ever used this on PS3. Although to be fair whenever I'm on the console it's usually my hermit "leave me alone" mode.

This reminds me of something and I can't quite put my finger on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Can't say I ever used this on PS3. Although to be fair whenever I'm on the console it's usually my hermit "leave me alone" mode.

This reminds me of something and I can't quite put my finger on it.
    You mite be thinking of Second Life.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I used it one for a really neat Heavy Rain ARG where you investigated a murder scene to unlock crap on the website before release.

Beyond that it was the usual cringe for this kind of thing. 3 female avatars surrounded by a bunch of dudes going "PLS B MY GF"