Page 18 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The apology came after CNN's KFile identified the man behind "HanA**holeSolo." Using identifying information that "HanA**holeSolo" posted on Reddit, KFile was able to determine key biographical details, to find the man's name using a Facebook search and ultimately corroborate details he had made available on Reddit.
    If they were able to identify him based on things he knowingly posted publicy to Reddit, couldn't anyone who cares already find out who he is?

If he wanted to remain anonymous he wouldn't have disclosed enough personal information that could link his anonymous reddit account to his public facebook account. If he has since deleted the trail that can lead to his facebook account, and CNN is still threatening to release info if he goes back to being an asshole then that's pretty reprehensible.

Really surprised CNN even went through the trouble of finding him and starting this mess; memes control the world now I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    And this changes the point how?

We were talking about your own stance on bigotry in every form, be it in jest, meme form, seriousness, etc, to which you yourself have created very convenient and highly cliché exceptions.
    I never said one group has a right to anonymity and another does not.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    This guy DID NOT say these things in private. He said them in public.
    first of all he said nothing

second of all he said all the things he said while having his real name hidden under his nickname on reddit. ( like we all here have)

Its just as disgusting as it gets to strip people off their anonymity and then capitalize on that ( like CNN did forcing this guy to apologize for creating a MEME lol)

guys you better really think about what youre trying to defend here

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    I believe journalists should live in constant fear of harsh repercussions for their speech.
    The enemies of the right include journalists, academics, and scientists, and then the right wonders why people view them as anti-intellectual and afraid of information.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post

second of all he said all the things he said while having his real name hidden under his nickname on reddit. ( like we all here have)

Its just as disgusting as it gets to strip people off their anonymity and then capitalize on that ( like CNN did forcing this guy to apologize for creating a MEME lol)

He. Doesn't. Have. A. Right. To. Anonymity.
    -ynnady

I never said one group has a right to anonymity and another does not.
    I made a point about your inconsistent stance which basically came down to "urrr.. not the same cuz muh white privilege."

Deleted
    when somebody shit posts about jews on the net he does that while being anonymous, you have no moral and ethical right to remove that from him while also forcing him to apologize. ( especially when youre CNN ffs, a news organization)
    I dunno maybe you live in zimbabwe where its probably normal ( 3rd world county overall), but in Western world we have respect of private life, internet anonymity is among them.

Forcing people to "apologize" or you ll release their personal info which will definitely harm their future is UTTERLY DISGUSTING for a news network.

how
    can
    you
    defend that.
    Freedom of speech doesn't mean that you can say whatever the fuck you want to without having to face consequences from them. Saying toxic shit on facebook or anything like that can and has gotten people fired. If you do not want to be called out on your bullshit behavior online.

If you really want to lay blame somewhere then i would suggest to lay the blame at Trump, he is the catalyst for this whole thing. It is very unprofessional to use memes like that as a president, specially if it is not of your own (teams) making. Everything that a president does is fair game for the press.

second of all he said all the things he said
    while having his real name hidden under his nickname on reddit. ( like we all here have)
    Umm.....what?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    No they're not. The end result is the same.
    First, Not conceding that the end result is the same, but that's still not even remotely accurate.
    Two acts may have the same end result, yet be completely different.
    Unless you're perfectly fine with voter supression, due to Name, address and voting patterns being made public.
    Not being pedantic, Bame has a different usage so i want to be sure.
    Anyway on topic, Revealing who voted, is not revealing a contentious thing.
    That is why they are distinct.

The enemies of the right include journalists, academics, and scientists, and then the right wonders why people view them as anti-intellectual and afraid of information.

- - - Updated - - -

hey man.
    who said so that he doesnt.

then who gave a news outlet or any other public organization a moral right to release his private info against his will?

Would like to hear your answers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    Umm.....what?
    i mean he said nothing ( cause it happened on the net) , but rather he wrote something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I believe it is exactly the job of news organisations to call out anyone who does something deplorable.
    I Wish CNN was around to Dox everyone in the NAACP 50-60 years ago - Would have been awesome.

Deleted
    "The right" is not an ideological monolith.
    Your post is also irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Guy isn't even 15. Dude said he was a teenager when Hubble launched.

- - - Updated - - -

But really, everybody please explain to me why you are so up in arms and defending an anti Semite. I'll wait.
    Oh I am not, I am not ok with Doxxing as it were, but if this kid is going to be the next victim I am more than happy to let him be crushed by the weight of whatever comes.

I am all about principle, but the truth is there is nothing of worth of value in this little shit or anything he could ever have to share.

And I am under no delusions about that either or hope that well he is only 15.

Tell that to other 15 year old nowhere near as stupid or as pathetic as this kid, sorry, I can also to have kindness and compassion, but I'll not be another wasting it on him.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Social consequences for acting like a degenerate piece of shit?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I forgot viral oppression is a form of intellectualism.

Deleted
    The data includes things like party affiliation. Try to keep up,
    No, it doesn't it does include (and we don't know if that is to be revealed either) registrations, which is not the exact same thing, but that was mostly pedantry.
    However, being a republican or a democrat is again, not a contentious issue.

I disagree with what you're saying, go ahead and post your real life info now please.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    Social consequences for acting like a degenerate piece of shit?
    Indeed. CNN should not go unpunished.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Speech as consequences. The consequences are how other people react to your speech. If you hold a stupid opinion, and state said opinion, other people will react.
    you must get a lot of reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I disagree with what you're saying, go ahead and post your real life info now please.
    My name is Brock muller, hello!
    -ynnady

when somebody shit posts about jews on the net he does that while being anonymous, you have no moral and ethical right to remove that from him while also forcing him to apologize. ( especially when youre CNN ffs, a news organization)
    I dunno maybe you live in zimbabwe where its probably normal ( 3rd world county overall), but in Western world we have respect of private life, internet anonymity is among them.

Forcing people to "apologize" or you ll release their personal info which will definitely harm their future is UTTERLY DISGUSTING for a news network.

how
    can
    you
    defend that.
    You clearly have 0 clue of the concept of anonymity and private life overall.

"If you say something and other people react negatively to it the only person "ruining your life" is yourself."

If my name is john johnsons and i say N in public word in public i will get the deserved reaction as a john johnson.

If i am Dmitro and I say Elba is this and that then i shall get the deserved reaction as Dmitro ( not as john johnson)
    The internet is not some magical realm removed from the physical world. Anonymity is not a right. Social media platforms are indeed public.

Whether you say something under a handle or under your real name, you still said it.