Page 23 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Free speech has never been without consequences, just because the sate can't punish you for having an opinion doesn't mean that your employer can't fire you for having that same opinion.
    but can we agree that Employers firing people for their opinions would be bad yes?
    It's not that it isn't inherently a right of employers (or should be) to fire anyone, but, it remains bad if people did it?

CNN should be careful, they aren't exactly loved by the public any more than Trump trolls

Quote Originally Posted by Reverb256 View Post

CNN has been caught fabricating many times.

At the very least, they deserve to lose their white house press pass.
    The very first video is obviously just a set up for a photo or video clip with willing participants, some kind of protestors who want to be in the clip. What exactly is the problem? It's really not abnormal to ask people to line up for a photo.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Nope. If you associate with anti Semites, especially as the president, people need to know.

It also puts into context the political views shown by the gif. The whole CNN as Lügenpresse (you know, Nazi tactics) narrative peddled by alt right Nazis and the president.
    "Associate" is quite a strong word for what you're describing.

If you repost a certain gif does that mean that you agree with the beliefs of whoever made that gif or are in some way associated with the creator?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    CNN should be careful, they aren't exactly loved by the public any more than Trump trolls
    Actually, latest polls put CNN above Trump in terms of trustworthyness.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    but can we agree that Employers firing people for their opinions would be bad yes?
    It's not that it isn't inherently a right of employers (or should be) to fire anyone, but, it remains bad if people did it?
    I don't see why that is necessarily bad. For example, if one of my employees made some racist comments, I should fire him because we work with minorities and that is a sign he is a bad fit.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by TheNoseKnows View Post
    Reposting a meme you saw floating around somewhere =/= associating with the creator/community.
    The Trumps' have a history of taking memes from racist sources. They visit places where people like that congregate. Those don't just float around somewhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Does that mean CNN could post photoshopped pictures of Trump being beaten or attacked, and you'd be perfectly fine with it? They're just reposting stuff they found.

Free speech and all
    Sure, if it stays within legal boundaries, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    They had to label this guy as one of those 'Nazis' that the left has deemed worthy of being assaulted in the streets, that way he knows that releasing his identity would be like ringing a dinner bell for violent lunatics looking to do a bit of thought vigilantism.

Apparently Trumps opposition has decided that their platform should be a vision of a soviet style totalitarian nightmare where you are not allowed to engage in anonymous criticism of those with power.
    You. Don't. Have. A. Right. To. Anonymity.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    That depends entirely on the opinion in question. Firing an employee for "liking zucchini" would be ridiculous. Firing an employee for expressing a view that "Jews are subhuman and should be eliminated", isn't just justified, it should be applauded.
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-07-05 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverb256 View Post
    some insanity
    Nearly all of those are perfectly legitimate things spun into illegitimate things by your own fake news pushers. This is why the right has become positively maddening.

If the opinion you hold harms their business then the employer not only has the right but also the obligation to fire you.

I wonder if the OP has ever complained about "fake news"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Well, no. You have a right to obscurity and anonymity. The point is that you lose that once you've made public statements and actions. Once you do that, you've voluntarily given that right up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Does that mean CNN could post photoshopped pictures of Trump being beaten or attacked, and you'd be perfectly fine with it? They're just reposting stuff they found.

Free speech and all
    Careful there, you don't wanna graduate the Gen-OT College of Shitposting too soon.

But on a more serious note the same argument still stands. If CNN posts a picture/gif/whatever it doesn't mean that CNN endorses the creator's beliefs. Especially if they are unrelated to the content in question. To go with your example you might call CNN all sorts of things but if the author of one of the images is a terrorist who beheads children you can't say that "CNN SUPPORTS TERRORISTS WHO BEHEAD CHILDREN OMG OMG".

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I disagree with you, I believe that it is a human right. Your rights are not granted by governments and laws, they are only restricted by them. Threatening to release the identity of somebody who posted something that falls under free speech, when they specifically posted it with the intention to be anonymous, is as unethical as publishing a list of closeted gay people living in Saudi Arabia or a list of political dissidents living in North Korea.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    The Trumps' have a history of taking memes from racist sources. They visit places where people like that congregate. Those don't just float around somewhere.
    yes, the Trump wrestling meme is so hardcore it can only be found in the deepest reaches of the racist meme world.
    Are you for fucking real?

CNN doing its best job to re-elect TRUMP in 2020.

The great MEME War II has begun!!!

Medias enable insulting and shaming a vast portion of the population that support the current US president and the president himself (and his family), now it's going out of control and management struggles to contain its rabid dog "journalists". But it will continue to fire back.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Jesus christ CNN, man the fuck up already. Your reaction to this is actually making things worse.
    Man up at CNN ?

Fuck no when the president of the US acts like a little bitch you have no choice but to go on the offensive against him and everyone who knows him or reports to him.