Page 5 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    So what, that's not illegal as far as I know - weren't you one of those people that said Trump had a right to fight the media? I guess the media are also allowed to fight back.
    This isn't fighting back. This is tracking down someone who created a silly meme that is not at all illegal, immoral, or wrong and threatening to completely ruin his life if he makes another meme again, or does ANYTHING that offends your political or moral sensibilities. Trump posting the meme might have been juvenile, but this is a whole different level. This is arguably criminal. The kid should get a lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    One doesn't always get to choose when, and for what they become of public interest/gain notoriety for. For this kid, it's this. He may not have wanted or intended for it, but welcome to life and shit. Take responsibility, as he apparently has given his apology and decision to leave Reddit and whatnot (hopefully not to return under a different name), but welcome to life.

Consequences exist for free speech, it's a side effect of having it.
    Except he did nothing to warrant them tracking him down and threatening to put him in the public spotlight. Not a single damn thing. There is nothing legally wrong nor morally wrong with making the meme that he did. Publicly shaming and exposing a fucking kid for a silly joke meme, now THAT causes real, actual harm to his reputation, and the fact that they are coercing him to modify his behavior (behavior which was not in any way illegal or immoral) is just enough to give it a possibly criminal element.

The kid should get a lawyer, immediately.

Let's all agree that authoritarianism in any form is reprehensible.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    also i did LOL at some of the memes coming out of this
    https://i.redd.it/74my0t714q7z.jpg
    Hahaha, brilliant.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

CNN should know better, this isnt some news story. its a WWE meme some kid made.

CNN should be more then aware how fuckin psycho people can be with politics. if they released his name, this kid would be getting death threats. people would locate his house. it wouldnt be fun. people are too fucking insane to think releasing someones name over a silly meme wouldnt have massive consequences for that person. over a meme at that. not even an offensive meme, a copy pasted WWE meme.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Except he did nothing to warrant them tracking him down and threatening to put him in the public spotlight.
    It's only a threat if what he's receiving public attention for is a negative thing. And like it or not, that's what his gif ended up largely being received as.

Not a single damn thing.
    Except create a gif shared by the President of the United States (technically making him an artist! artists spotlighted by Presidents are often figures of some national note!), one that was largely received as continuing to exhibit both Trump's overt hostility towards a free press and his childish inability to stop himself from emotional outbursts on Twitter.

There is nothing legally wrong nor morally wrong with making the meme that he did.
    There doesn't have to be for him to become a figure of public note/interest.

Publicly shaming and exposing a fucking kid for a silly joke meme, now THAT causes real, actual harm to his reputation, and the fact that they are coercing him to modify his behavior (behavior which was not in any way illegal or immoral) is just enough to give it a possibly criminal element.
    It's only shaming him if what he did is bad. If he doesn't view it that way, by all means he should feel no shame and be proud of his work.

It's a matter of perspective, my man.

The kid should get a lawyer, immediately.
    Hey, if he feels threatened or that his rights were infringed upon, by all means. I'd be quite curious as to if CNN did run afoul of any state/federal laws with this. My scant knowledge says no, but I'm absolutely no expert on the matter.

snip
    this could be true if people could act in a normal, well balanced way. its a threat because so many fuckin insane people would come at him in hordes. Once the kids name is out, how long until a few sociopaths track down his house and family. It only takes 10 lunatics to make his life hell over a WWE meme. its the same on any side of politics. people are nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    I thought the right was all about personal responsibility? Taking responsibility for your actions. Wait, that's just another one of the ten thousand things they SAY they're for, but are against when it's convenient.
    personal responsibility for posting an internet meme on reddit? you guys are totally lost.

- - - Updated - - -

CNN is utterly 100% truly unarguably disgusting.

1) kid posts an average meme ( 999999 like them all across the net)
    2) somebody thats close to Trump sees it
    3) Trump sees it and reposts this on his twitter
    4) ALRIGHT LETS HUNT DOWN THIS LITTLE BASTARD PUNISH THIS NAZI

before today i was quite hostile towards their bias and their clear goal to damage Trump as much as possible, now its just no words only disgust.

It's only a threat if what he's receiving public attention for is a negative thing. And like it or not, that's what his gif ended up largely being received as.

Except create a gif shared by the President of the United States (technically making him an artist! artists spotlighted by Presidents are often figures of some national note!), one that was largely received as continuing to exhibit both Trump's overt hostility towards a free press and his childish inability to stop himself from emotional outbursts on Twitter.
    He did not have direct contact with the president, nor the president's staff. He was not commissioned to create the work, and by all accounts, Trump found it simply by browsing Reddit. The name of the creator of the meme is completely irrelevant. If it were newsworthy, then other news organizations would also have tracked him down. But no, the only organization that bothered to track him down was the one already involved in this drama.

There doesn't have to be for him to become a figure of public note/interest.
    Except he is not. The only organization interested in him is CNN, and they made it very clear why they tracked him down. And it wasn't because of public interest.

It's only shaming him if what he did is bad. If he doesn't view it that way, by all means he should feel no shame and be proud of his work.

It's a matter of perspective, my man.
    I find it hard to believe that a moderator is being this willfully naive. This is the internet. Public shaming has nothing to do with whether the subject actually feels shame. It's about putting someone in the spotlight and loudly announcing that you think whoever you just put in the spotlight for all the nation to see is a bad person who did a bad thing.

That's legitimately slander and defamation of character. And slander doesn't work the same way when it comes to unknown, private citizens that it does to major public figures and organizations. I.E. if you're the president of the United States or a major news organization, you are a free-for-all target for public ridicule and mockery. But if you are an unknown private citizen, then someone who slanders or defames you in public can and should be sued.

Hey, if he feels threatened or that his rights were infringed upon, by all means. I'd be quite curious as to if CNN did run afoul of any state/federal laws with this. My scant knowledge says no, but I'm absolutely no expert on the matter.
    I have a degree in legal studies and I'm a paralegal. Not the same thing as a lawyer, but I know enough to know that this kid definitely has a case that can and should be made against CNN.
    Last edited by jimboa24; 2017-07-05 at 08:32 AM.

Twitter has removed #cnnblackmail from trending ( was top3 just before)

how convenient when a left wing failing media can always rely on backing from a left wing social media.
    as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Seems like good motivation for him to not do it again.
    Then it seems like you need some motivation to never post again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post

how convenient when a left wing failing media can always rely on backing from a left wing social media.
    as always.
    Or it was removed because it was mostly bots posting it?

10+ Year Old Account

as always.
    LOL, twitter is a left leaning platform when it gives people like Donnie a platform to spew fake news and alternative facts.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

as always.
    Wut? Literally just went there to check and that's what the search bar put up for suggested searches...

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Or it was removed because it was mostly bots posting it?
    russian bots may i add.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    LOL, twitter is a left leaning platform when it gives people like Donnie a platform to spew fake news and alternative facts.
    or constantly deletes conservative/right-wing hashtags

- - - Updated - - -

Wut? Literally just went there to check and that's what the search bar put up for suggested searches...
    trending and recommended are 2 different things.

trending and recommended are 2 different things.
    Ah, gotcha. I don't Twitter much so didn't know.

Usually when stuff gets popular, the tags autocomplete because of their prevalence. In a lot of cases, hashtags that are seen as "problematic" end up ~coincidentally~ being hushed by removing the autocomplete feature (that was there) and taking it off the trending list either separately or at the same time.

i dont even have an account lol. just saw it being top 7 in trending like 30 mins ago then top 3 five minutes before being deleted.
    totally unbiased from Twitter, reminds me of some local moderator

I hope Trump wakes up today and unleashes on these disgusting people.

CNN doxes and blackmails kid who made the Trump meme

According to wikipedia

Andrew Kaczynski

2017 CNN meme blackmail controversy
    On July 4, 2017, Kaczynski reported he used "identifying information", to find the true identity of a Reddit user, who created a satirical anti-CNN video meme President Donald Trump tweeted two days prior, using a Facebook search to find them, Kaczynski reported the creators identity would be withheld by CNN since he was a private citizen and because he had issued an "extensive apology", with the disclaimer "CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change." [35] This reported spurred backlash with #CNNblackmail hashtag trending on the first place worldwide on Twitter.
    Various public figures such as Notch, Mark Dice and others denounced CNN's report. Julian Assange denounced CNN's actions and questioned whether their coercion attempt consituted a criminal felony[36]. The controversy also spurred backlash from users on Reddit, 4chan and Twitter who declared their intention to continue posting anti-CNN memes. The report spurred further controversy when it was claimed that the Reddit user in question was only 15 years old[37].
    What the hell. The kid did not commit any crime. Why are they making a publical spectacle of this?

https://twitter.com/TheRightWingM/st...77359840063488

So the reporter did it to "Expose bullies"
    LOL gtfo a multibillion dollar corporation bullied by a 15 yr old. They can't go after Trump so they pick a fight with a kid
    Last edited by veehro; 2017-07-05 at 08:44 AM.

I seen this reported in the Washington Post (checked other places in case this was just an example of fake news, but it seems that it is legit). What you need to remember is- doxxing is never ok, especially doxxing minors, however the video can be seen as pro Trump, so it is ok, as he is a Hitler. I think that is how it goes. And how it will be defended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Fuck their bullshit.

I've defended CNN against the alt-right bullshit, but this is straight-up Sarkeesian behavior.

I don't agree with the alt-right on anything, however CNN is threatening to doxx somebody who makes a meme, and that's fucking bullshit. Fuck them & fuck anyone who defends this. If you do, you've lost literally all credibility on the subject of free speech.

I've never made it a secret that I absolutely despise Trump, but if even 1% of his sycophants are against this, I'll proudly stand with them against those who detest him but do-so in a free-speech-limiting way.

Fuck CNN in this regard. Doxxing cunts. Freedom of speech is the #1 right we NEED to defend right now. Even when its dumbass retarded speech we don't agree with.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-07-05 at 08:49 AM.