Page 69 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by perasite View Post
    Too bad your principles are so messed up then I guess
    this thread honestly gives me hope. theres only 3-4 lunatics defending what cnn did as okay, same with the thread on reddit. honestly a pleasant surprise that some sense still exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad your principles are so messed up then I guess

You forgot "threatening to reveal his identity at a future date if he did not comply with their demands."
    Well, that's not remotely true either.

Try "if he reneged on his apology" instead. They could reveal his identity at any time; it's totally within their right to do so. Keeping it secret is something they're in no way obliged to do, and yet, you're slandering them for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Yup. He got scared because he realized shitposting might have consequences. Lucky for him CNN are good guys and didn't reveal him.
    Too bad you didn't post the entire quote...

HE contacted CNN after receiving an email from them. He didn't do it out of the goodness of his heart. He did it because he was scared that they would do exactly what they threatened to do. They threatened to reveal his personally identifiable information which would lead to him being harassed and potentially harmed. They knew it would lead to that and that is why they made the threat. They even had a vote on whether they should release the name because CNN is run by children with no moral compass. Get your timeline straight.
    This is my signature and it is special.

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    ]Their decency is in question. It's too bad that I share a space with imbeciles. Happens in every category.
    A rather muted response compared to what CNN are getting.

Far from my intention. I explained why I wanted an answer: because your lack of it could possibly... etc etc.
    And I gave you an answer which you proceeded to dismiss as evasion and insinuated bad faith on my part with nothing to back it up. Now I know the response will be "omg hypocrisy, you're making the same a priori judgement about The_Donald/the alt-right" but it's not the same because those groups have already demonstrated bad faith. Giving them the benefit of the doubt after all the doxxxing and harassment that they've championed (hell, they're promoting dogpiling a Buzzfeed journalist and attacking every CNN journalist regardless of their involvement in the story on their front page right now) would be extremely naive.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'd be taking exactly the same stance, if they were behaving in the same way that CNN has (accepting the guy's apology, refusing to reveal the info as a result). Sorry, I take my stand on principle, not on who's "on my side".
    The guy only apologized because CNN had his personal information and warned him they would release the info. How can you say this was a legitimate apology? An apology in duress isn't a real apology. "Apologize to me right now or I will send liberals to protest at your house, harass you, get your boss to fire you, etc." Really?

Too bad you didn't post the entire quote...
    Didn't need to because that was the only relevant part.

Deleted
    This isn't about entertainment
    Oh.
    ohhh.
    You're so wrong it's not even funny.
    It's about entertainment through and through. From memeing an imbecile into the presidency, to devolving the press, the most needed tool against this idiocy, into a nightmarish clicking horror.

Not the first time that threat's been made. Here's the thing, though; if my online ID and my real world life were connected, I wouldn't panic and delete my account, because I don't have anything I'd want to be hiding from anyone.

I know you like that particular bit of slander, but my position is based on a respect for civil liberties, not some ridiculous concept of "might makes right".
    the point is not whether you have something to hide or not. its that an org like CNN with so much pull, knows full well if they did do it, enough psychos would appear to make his life hell.

dude people send fucking death threats to celebrities that are much harder to get to then a normal citizen. again i dont disagree with sentiment, its just not even remotely realistic in the world today. someone WOULD find his address and family. is it worth it? no.

and to verify, you dont care if a dox you right now in this thread? you would be like, investigative journalism by the oblivion, good job my dude?

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    The guy only apologized because CNN had his personal information and warned him they would release the info. How can you say this was a legitimate apology? An apology in duress isn't a real apology. "Apologize to me right now or I will send liberals to protest at your house, harass you, get your boss to fire you, etc." Really?
    Of course it wasn't a legitimate apology. It was a "I'm sorry I got caught" apology. Makes CNN not outing him even more generous.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    this thread honestly gives me hope. theres only 3-4 lunatics defending what cnn did as okay, same with the thread on reddit. honestly a pleasant surprise that some sense still exists.
    When your echo chamber is few, you must be the loudest.

We clearly see that happening here with those vigorously defending CNN.

Like I said, if this was Fox News......

Didn't need to because that was the only relevant part.
    You're so clever you. It's adorable. I bet you think that was a great post.

Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Agree completely. I have been doxed in the psst and simply shrugged as I am not a piece of racist shit that is trying to hide it from the world. Maybe if I was HanAssholeSolo I'd have felt differently...
    its a lot different if you get doxxed by me, then if fox news does it. they have the reach that actual loonies would get your info and be willing to do something with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    Just another shit show from trash liberal media, crying tears and being buttflustered.
    I can't tell if you're a stereotype or caricature of right wing stupidity and hypocris

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    In Endus' worldview Might Makes Right, so if you have the power to mess with his life you are justified in doing so.
    You don't get to pleasure yourself with rolled up editions of Atlas shrugged in every orifice masturbating yourself raw to imagine of Ayn rand and then levy that charge at anyone.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2017-07-05 at 10:26 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    There was no "duress". All CNN was poised to do was to reveal who HanAssholeSolo really was. Any flak he would have taken due to his comments and posts would have been because of the content of his comments and posts. Presented with that possibility, he reached out to apologize. CNN didn't ask him for that. Duress requires that you force someone to act against their will. The apology was HanAssholeSolo's idea, not something he was forced into against his will.

You're so clever you. It's adorable. I bet you think that was a great post.

Sad.
    I'm right. You know it. Nothing legally or ethically wrong occurred. Y'all just scared it might happen to you ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    So all you have is hypothetical hypocrisy. That's pretty pathetic.
    If you say so.

Though defending CNN when they are spending time finding out who made a dopey wrestling meme, and then threatening to dox him and asking the viewers if they should or not, is really the bottom of the barrel journalism and your vigorous defense of it, is quite appalling and saddening. This forum is worse for having a few people vigorously defending CNN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    and to verify, you dont care if a dox you right now in this thread? you would be like, investigative journalism by the oblivion, good job my dude?
    Do I care? Personally? Not really, no.

It's against site rules, though, so I can't recommend you make the attempt.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's a difference between investigative journalism and trying to influence and direct behavior.

If you can't tell the difference , then two words:

Autism. Speaks.

People are unfucking believable. If this were Fox News towards anyone else, I'd be equally disgusted. It's the medias job to gather and disperse info, not this bullshit.

There was no "duress". All CNN was poised to do was to reveal who HanAssholeSolo really was. Any flak he would have taken due to his comments and posts would have been because of the content of his comments and posts. Presented with that possibility, he reached out to apologize. CNN didn't ask him for that. Duress requires that you force someone to act against their will. The apology was HanAssholeSolo's idea, not something he was forced into against his will.
    It is astounding how hard the concept of personal responsibility is to these people.

If you get backlash for what you say then you got backlash because of the content not because of the person revealing you.

You are responsible for your words.

I'm right. You know it. Nothing legally or ethically wrong occurred. Y'all just scared it might happen to you ^^
    Actually, I'm proud of the stances I take. I'm proud that I would disagree with this action if it came from the right or left. I'm proud that when people doxxed a Blizzard employee a few years back, I stood against it, even though I didn't like the change they'd made. Because doxing someone is not OK. Because the purpose of it is to hurt someone and that is not ok. Is it legally wrong? Probably not unless it gets acted on, and then it may just be legally wrong. Ethically wrong? Absolutely.