Page 68 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Except that they threatened to release his name and wanted people to vote on it..........
    I've already said that the vote thing was stupid and dickish. But releasing his name was pretty standard journalism, had they done it. And all this is because CNN was too kind to the guy and didn't actually release his info, which they were fully in the right to do, if they'd wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by perasite View Post
    But what purpose is there for revealing the guy's name if not to rain internet justice upon him? None. The only reason for CNN to reveal his name is so he'll be harassed. Report the story. Report that the guy said horrible things. But they DO NOT need to threaten to reveal his name if he doesn't comply with their demands. That is where they crossed the line. You know it. We all know it. Some people just like to fight cuz it makes them feel tough. In this case, you're wrong.
    Can you imagine the rage that Endus and other's probably would have if this was Fox News doing this to someone who made a wrestling meme gif about President Donald Trump?

No way in hell would they even be as low key and sympathetic to Fox News if they were doing the same thing.

How do you know the guy said he wasn't threatened? He wants to remain anonymous and the reporter in question is the source? Yeh.. okay. Sounds like reporter made up bullshit and backtracked to save himself after getting backlash from both sides. Or, the guy still feels threatened and just wants everything to be over. "Yes.. please.. everything is fine.. I.. never felt threatened.. Will you leave me alone now? Please?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Trying to portray legitimate journalism as malicious doesn't seem very decent to me. Being concerned with an anti Semite getting outed doesn't seem decent to me.
    Legitimate journalism is making threats. going after a guy who made a meme and doing a public vote where the pleb can choose whether the guy hangs or not.

There is ZERO difference now between the extreme left and right. You are both the same. IDENTICAL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    finding out who made a meme and threatening to unleash mob justice on them is not journalism.
    The bit in bold is nothing more than a fantasy you've invented. It literally never happened.

finding out who made a meme and threatening to unleash mob justice on them is not journalism. no one but fucking psychopaths care about who made a meme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Legitimate journalism is making threats. going after a guy who made a meme and doing a public vote where the pleb can choose whether the guy hangs or not.

There is ZERO difference now between the extreme left and right. You are both the same. IDENTICAL.
    Nobody ever threatened mob justice. Nobody ever threatened him at all.

Also, making Jewish conspiracy memes seems pretty psycho to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I've already said that the vote thing was stupid and dickish. But releasing his name was pretty standard journalism, had they done it. And all this is because CNN was too kind to the guy and didn't actually release his info, which they were fully in the right to do, if they'd wanted to.
    am i in the right to dox you and any other mod on this site right now and release your info?

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    How do you know the guy said he wasn't threatened? He wants to remain anonymous and the reporter in question is the source? Yeh.. okay. Sounds like reporter made up bullshit and backtracked to save himself after getting backlash from both sides. Or, the guy still feels threatened and just wants everything to be over. "Yes.. please.. everything is fine.. I.. never felt threatened.. Will you leave me alone now? Please?"
    Just another shit show from trash liberal media, crying tears and being buttflustered.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    HE was scared of the consequences of his actions and contacted CNN to keep his name out of it.

Get the fucking time line straight.
    HE contacted CNN after receiving an email from them. He didn't do it out of the goodness of his heart. He did it because he was scared that they would do exactly what they threatened to do. They threatened to reveal his personally identifiable information which would lead to him being harassed and potentially harmed. They knew it would lead to that and that is why they made the threat. They even had a vote on whether they should release the name because CNN is run by children with no moral compass. Get your timeline straight.
    This is my signature and it is special.

I think the main reason so many people are upset about is because they know what they regularly post on the net is despicable and they are scared someone in their analog life might find out and judge them.

The bit in bold is nothing more than a fantasy you've invented. It literally never happened.
    if you want to live in a pretend world be my guest. those who remain sane, know full well what would happen when the dregs of society got a hold of his info.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    am i in the right to dox you and any other mod on this site right now and release your info?
    In Endus' worldview Might Makes Right, so if you have the power to mess with his life you are justified in doing so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Hmm, and does that extend to the very real hordes that The_Donald and the alt-right command who have now doxxxed the journalist in question who didn't even post the guys identity?
    Their decency is in question. It's too bad that I share a space with imbeciles. Happens in every category.

I answered your question, so I don't see why you have to attempt to malign my character. So much for being a decent human being.
    Far from my intention. I explained why I wanted an answer: because your lack of it could possibly... etc etc.

Deleted
    If Endus keeps this up then /pol/ might go after him one of these days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    whatevs
    You are still very boring. Sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    Can you imagine the rage that Endus and other's probably would have if this was Fox News doing this to someone who made a wrestling meme gif about President Donald Trump?

No way in hell would they even be as low key and sympathetic to Fox News if they were doing the same thing.
    I'd be taking exactly the same stance, if they were behaving in the same way that CNN has (accepting the guy's apology, refusing to reveal the info as a result). Sorry, I take my stand on principle, not on who's "on my side".

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    You are still very boring. Sorry.
    This isn't about entertainment, these are important issues. Maybe stop shit posting and take things seriously?

I'd be taking exactly the same stance, if they were behaving in the same way that CNN has (accepting the guy's apology, refusing to reveal the info as a result). Sorry, I take my stand on principle, not on who's "on my side".
    Too bad your principles are so messed up then I guess

You forgot "threatening to reveal his identity at a future date if he did not comply with their demands."
    This is my signature and it is special.

Quote Originally Posted by perasite View Post
    HE contacted CNN after receiving an email from them. He didn't do it out of the goodness of his heart. He did it because he was scared
    Yup. He got scared because he realized shitposting might have consequences. Lucky for him CNN are good guys and didn't reveal him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not the first time that threat's been made. Here's the thing, though; if my online ID and my real world life were connected, I wouldn't panic and delete my account, because I don't have anything I'd want to be hiding from anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    In Endus' worldview Might Makes Right, so if you have the power to mess with his life you are justified in doing so.
    I know you like that particular bit of slander, but my position is based on a respect for civil liberties, not some ridiculous concept of "might makes right".