Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Who the hell would give their real phone number to a complete stranger on the street?
    Was wondering the same... someone just shows up to ask for the number? Can it get more creepy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Yeah that won't set off attention-seeking-creep-alarms at all! You are NOT entitled to anyone's attention. If she ignores you, stop trying.
    I do. What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Was wondering the same... someone just shows up to ask for the number? Can it get more creepy...
    I would talk to you a little first, sheesh! Maybe tell you a joke and make you laugh.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I would talk to you a little first, sheesh! Maybe tell you a joke and make you laugh.
    Tell a joke
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    What you linked is even worse.
    Reality contradicts your opinion. Sure some girls will walk away, or sometimes even be confrontational, but that doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    I've had plenty of women admit this to me as well, sure there is a 'how you project your confidence' element etc, but the simple fact is a 400lb obese man = creepy and a male model = charming even if they do the exact same thing.
    /agreed

Well switch it around for yourself. A hot model rubs up against you are fine with that but a (let's just say "not so hot") chick starts rubbing on you and you know what your own reaction would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    After 10 minutes of conversation, you are not a complete stranger anymore.
    Yes, you are.
    And girls will take guys home from bars for onenightstands, but giving their phone number out is too much?
    I know no woman who would show a guy where they live when they're just someone they're going to have a one night off with. I've never brought a guy home from the bar, I've gone to their place or a hotel for the night. They can't be hard to get rid of if I'm at their place or in a hotel, I can just leave when I don't want to deal with them anymore.

Yes, giving out your phone number to a random stranger is too much.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-07-05 at 12:42 PM.

And girls will take guys home from bars for onenightstands, but giving their phone number out is too much?

Girls like guys. Girls want adventure and excitement and sex.
    ...women in bars are there because they want game or run their own game. Women in supermarkets are their to do their business. There's a difference. Their business is not you most of the time. Try dating sites instead of creeping.

Reality contradicts your opinion. Sure some girls will walk away, or sometimes even be confrontational, but that doesn't matter.
    No, reality shows that it's just not an opinion.

Weird to see this thread seeing as what happened to me a couple of days ago.

I'm going on a first date with a guy who just started speaking to me about anime in forbidden planet on monday, at the weekend.

So I guess it works.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why people think engaging with Women in day to day activities is "creepy" or "weird" it's literally how people met for most of Mankind's existence.

I think meeting people on Apps like Tinder and shit is far more creepy.

Deleted
    Definitely creepy.
    I'm going to put it to test and report back.

I am 99% sure Anduin's advice isnt going to work for me.

And it shouldnt

Tell a joke
    Last time I flew I was lucky to sit next to an attractive girl.
    I asked, “Does the airline charge you extra for sitting next to good-looking men?”
    “Yes,” she said, “but I wasn’t willing to pay.”

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    LOL @ that video. I wonder how many times they got pepper sprayed, kneed in the groin, or had the cops called on them. Too bad they didn't include a blooper reel.
    It has never happened to me and I've never seen it happen or heard of it happening to anyone. First, they probably only think you have a question, or something happened, like they lost something and you are bringing it to them. Maybe they think "this guy is going to try and sell me something". Would you spray some guy in the face that was trying to sell you something? Would you knee a beggar in the groin? That's the worst they might think of you. That you might be a beggar. They won't think of you as a rapist, cause a rapist wouldn't approach women like that in front of dozens of people.

So they're gonna give you a second, and if you say, "you look nice", most people will simply reply with "thank you".

It seems like people like you have been brainwashed by feminism or MGTOW or Incels and black pillers to believe that women would respond in such a way. Women are actually quite nice people once you muster up the courage to talk to them. It all depends on how you do it.

Deleted
    A couple of weeks ago I had a conversation with a really cute girl about how to pick out fruits. Yesterday I tried approaching some more in the supermarket, and it's fascinating how any prop they carry can be a conversation starter. A girl can pick out a loaf of bread and you can still ask her "is this good" and wind up in a conversation about gluten-free products and then wind your way around something else. It's a great way of training more sociable, too and learning how to have conversations in general, learning stuff about people.

- - - Updated - - -

After 10 minutes of conversation, you are not a complete stranger anymore.

Girls like guys. Girls want adventure and excitement and sex.
    Context, jeez!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who the hell would give their real phone number to a complete stranger on the street?
    The same people that give out their real-life info on Dating Apps/websites?

So they're gonna give you a second, and if you say, "you look nice", most people will simply reply with "thank you".
    Most will also be creeped out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    The same people that give out their real-life info on Dating Apps/websites?
    I know nobody who does that. Nobody says where they live in their profile, types out their number in their profile or such. The only time I've ever seen a number in a profile is on tinder when I was in thailand with friends and helped my friend a choose pictures for his profile and he swiped a bit and some had numbers, turns out they were prostitutes who wanted you to call them up instead of talking on tinder.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-07-05 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I don't get why people think engaging with Women in day to day activities is "creepy" or "weird" it's literally how people met for most of Mankind's existence.

I think meeting people on Apps like Tinder and shit is far more creepy.
    I think it's genuinelly sad that people find just walking up and talking to somebody is in any way creepy.

I love it personally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    LOL @ that video. I wonder how many times they got pepper sprayed, kneed in the groin, or had the cops called on them. Too bad they didn't include a blooper reel.
    Attacking someone for starting a conversation in a well-lit, public area is assault (you might be able to argue intimidation down a dark alley, but not here).

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    Weird to see this thread seeing as what happened to me a couple of days ago.

I'm going on a first date with a guy who just started speaking to me about anime in forbidden planet at the weekend.

So I guess it works.
    It works sometimes. Happy for you, don't get me wrong, most of the time it doesn't work. PUA's with any, er, integrity, will say as much too. Granted, PUA's are PUA's, if you just happen to hook up with someone over a common interest, then that's what it is.

Also depends on the situation, Forbidden Planet is a geek store, so both of you being there is already a step ahead of "saw someone hot in the grocery store".

Also, again, might be related to culture. Also a factor.