Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation (Spoilers) The new Lich King throne

I originally saw this here: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...h_king_throne/

As you can see, the Lich King is no longer frozen. This might be a big hint about one of the upcoming expansions.
    Last edited by mmocfee4aa7b34; 2017-06-07 at 10:17 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Could just be something simple as to give Bolvar the model for something to sit in. However I like the way you think - quite possibly a hint at 'Fire Northrend' or just something involving Bolvar all together.

Deleted
    Maybe he accidentally melted the other one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Astral projection?

Nothing to see here. It's just from the DK mount questline. He's on top of Acherus. This thread is pointless.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't see your point. :>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koochulu View Post
    Nothing to see here. It's just from the DK mount questline. He's on top of Acherus. This thread is pointless.
    Thanks!

and screw you OP

#NotMyLichKing

10+ Year Old Account
    ...The point of the thread is that he's sitting on a throne that ISN'T the frozen throne, in his projected form, and a discussion from that.

Not that we found some new secret, bomb-ass spot the lich king is maxing and relaxing in.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    How is this thread pointless? Bolvar before was FROZEN on the throne, in DK mount questline he's no longer frozen so he's not imprisoned anymore. That's a huge change.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougle View Post
    Thanks!

and screw you OP
    Are you dumb?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    I originally saw this here: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...h_king_throne/

As you can see, the Lich King is no longer frozen. This might be a big hint about one of the upcoming expansions.
    If I knew Blizz and I kinda do, I'd say lazy development and they either didn't bother to make It freeze up, hence make us theory craft, or It's on purpose so that he's visible and such...

I mean you could make the same argument for when he's talking to us as a Death Knight, he's not frozen when he's talking to us In that little bubble to our lower UI? He moves his head around, his arms... I'd just call that lazy development, because even In the Frozen Throne when the Lich King spoke, his character bubble looked frozen In the throne... a frozen throne one might say.

And when you visit him on the Frozen Throne, literaly as a DK. You see him still frozen on the throne. But when he talks to you willy nilly all the time, he's not frozen.

So I doubt this screenshot as well as that not-frozen-bolvar-in-a-bubble Is just they forgot to add that In development.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    If I knew Blizz and I kinda do, I'd say lazy development and they either didn't bother to make It freeze up, hence make us theory craft, or It's on purpose so that he's visible and such...

I mean you could make the same argument for when he's talking to us as a Death Knight, he's not frozen when he's talking to us In that little bubble to our lower UI? He moves his head around, his arms... I'd just call that lazy development, because even In the Frozen Throne when the Lich King spoke, his character bubble looked frozen In the throne... a frozen throne one might say.

And when you visit him on the Frozen Throne, literaly as a DK. You see him still frozen on the throne. But when he talks to you willy nilly all the time, he's not frozen.

So I doubt this screenshot as well as that not-frozen-bolvar-in-a-bubble Is just they forgot to add that In development.
    If this is the case, I think the reason would be that the frozen throne exists as one gigantic game object (the stairs, spikes, and all that stuff) wheras this throne (might be the same one from halls of reflection) is an individual piece.

So in essence, it was a matter of "do we go back and take apart the model of the frozen throne and make a new model/jam a giant transparent frozen throne into the top of acherus or... just reuse this other prop, for a scene that literally takes 15 seconds"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

#MakeScourgeGreatAgain

Although nobody built walls better than Arthas.

He was eventually gonna get out anyway, no surprise imo we will have to wait to see what he is up to

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post

Yet another example of the far reaching impact of climate change......

Deleted
    There are no spoilers here. Just Bolvar sitting on his bench.

Personally the more curious thing about the dk mount aquisition was the area where you got the mount from. Based on the graphics of the area, it's from the Wotlk era. Wonder what the area was originally supposed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    There are no spoilers here. Just Bolvar sitting on his bench.

Personally the more curious thing about the dk mount aquisition was the area where you got the mount from. Based on the graphics of the area, it's from the Wotlk era. Wonder what the area was originally supposed to be?
    Isn't that the Ruby Sanctum?

Quite clearly the lich king is a sith and you are seeing his force ghost to guide Death Knights on the path to the dark side of undeath.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a projection of the Lich King at Ebon hold. Can see Dalaran in the background.

The Ice Stone Has Melted prophecy finally came true...

For real tho, this is just a vision, the real LK is still frozen solid. Previous LK was unable to break out on his own, this one can't too.