Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So the Lich King is here.

The Lich king is here to be fought now and i gotta say.... already don't like it.

Start as mage and his first turn my health gets set to 1. Now i dont even start the fight unless i get kabal lackey + counterspell in my opening hand.

You can use Wild cards. Get creative with the stuff you put in your deck!

or net-deck something on Hearthpwn if you're not in the mood for that

I one shot him with Jade Druid... so yeah...
    I have a feeling other classes/decks aren't going to be this easy.

I refuse to play jade druid. Just like C'thun cards back when they were stupid, i instantly dust anything with Jade in the name.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rage Priest kills him pretty easily so long as you restart until you get Barnes + Servitude in your opening mull

SWH makes short work of the Tormented Souls.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I went in with Quest/Dinosaur Druid. Was fun and an easy kill. Going to try and figure them out on my own before eventually giving up and net-decking.

Yeah easy, just used my deck I created for laddering...
    http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/89367...oky-dudu-80-wr
    1 shot it, need to do it with every class so should be interesting to do.

More often than not i'm dead on turn 2 with this stupid fight unless i restart constantly to get the lackey/counterspell combo. Which takes forever because i'm putting my faith in Reno.

Every time sets my health to 1 and then coins out a 2/3

New discovery, Mindbreaker does not work in this fight...

- - - Updated - - -

been trying to do this fight as mage for about 3 and a half hours now and i've still only lived through Frostmourne like twice this entire time...
    Last edited by Fenzha; 2017-08-25 at 01:22 AM.

Priest is the easy mode, his turn 1 effect is stopping you from emoting (yes really). The dialog if you try is hilarious, but you get the vanilla fight. Shadow Word: Horror demolishes the Frostmourne phase too, and your healing allows you to survive the ramping damage afterwards. I went in with a budget Dragon Priest and beat him after a few attempts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Killed him with a Wild Reno Lock 2nd try after knowing how his deck worked.

Hunter on the other hand is a different kettle of fish. Too many minions in your deck and he one-shots you on turn one. Trying now with Barnes/Maly/Y'Shaarj and a few other heavy minions. Seems you need all the luck in the world to kill him with Hunter. When he Frostmournes Hunter has no easy way to kill his awkward board of 2/6 minions and even if you clear them his next hero power finishes you off before you reach the late game.

So far I've killed him with Druid, Warlock, and Priest.

With Druid, just normal Jade Druid. Eventually you just overwhelm him with cheap super powerful Jades, you know same old same old.

With Warlock I built a Reno/Demons/Bloodreaver Guldan deck. Once you get Malganis on the board you just win as it neutralizes his deal damage to hero hero power.

With Priest I used the normal Raza/Shadow Anduin deck. Use Power Word Horror to destroy the 2/6s and once you get Raza and the DK up you can just ping away and eventually kill him. I had the 4 mana heal for 12 card in my deck too along with Priest of the Feast to stabilize my health pool although I don't think I needed it.

Obviously some classes are harder than others. Its stupid how if you attempt him as Mage you basically HAVE to draw certain cards in your opener or you just lose. I'll probably try some Mountain Giant wacky Mage deck tomorrow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just over 30 minutes spent restarting as Exodia Mage to get quest, Lackey and Cspell in opening hand

Finally get it, begin working on LK. Draw Doomsayer just in time for Frostmourne, to nullify it completely. Get my quest complete, got my Sorcs and Reflections in hand, just waiting for Tony

And waiting

And waiting

Finally comes down to 2 cards left in the deck, both Blocks are popped, I die next turn. So I drop my Sorcs and Time Warp.

The second last card in my deck was not Tony.

Pretty fucking salty right now
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally killed him with Hunter after multiple restarts when Barnes pulled Y'Shaarj and things generally lined up.

One shot with my weird healing priest deck :P
    Won't be so easy with the others...

For the mage players in the thread: Cabal Lackey-> Mana bind is way funnier. Also molten giants and sunfury protector.

I only tried him once with murloc shaman and it was ridiculously easy. I think I got a really good hand tho, lots of cheap murlocs which he didn't remove then bloodlust killed him on turn 5

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo X View Post
    For the mage players in the thread: Cabal Lackey-> Mana bind is way funnier. Also molten giants and sunfury protector.
    I tried the whole molten giant thing but he would just instantly Obliterate them every time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    The Lich king is here to be fought now and i gotta say.... already don't like it.

Start as mage and his first turn my health gets set to 1. Now i dont even start the fight unless i get kabal lackey + counterspell in my opening hand.
    You can easily do it without kabal and counterspell kek

Deleted
    Tried multiple class tons of times then one shot him with jade druid.

Still gonna try unlock that portrait.

Anyone else find some of these hearthstone boss fights just super gimmicky?