Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I thought Odyn said I was the greatest Champion...

Then we went into Halls of Valor, wait... this is my order hall, except they have a hunting ground they've been keeping secret from me the whole time! Odyn you bastard! What else have you been keeping from me!

Odyn was so impressed by the other people in my group he decided to challenge them himself! Then he said they were the greatest! And I was just standing off to the side like chopped liver, he never said I was worthy enough to fight him in the order hall... even Eyir showed up, I guess I'm just not important enough...

Is that what Odyn does with everyone, just tells them they are the greatest champion to puff up their egos so they go and do jobs for him? I think I've been bamboozled. Did any other Warriors get told the same thing?

So whens the patch when I get to walk into the other Class Halls and beat up the head guys?

Well you see. At the time he met you, you were his greatest champion. But after meeting the other players in HoV, he realized they were better than you, and were his newer greatest champions. No problems that I can see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    Then we went into Halls of Valor, wait... this is my order hall, except they have a hunting ground they've been keeping secret from me the whole time! Odyn you bastard! What else have you been keeping from me!

Odyn was so impressed by the other people in my group he decided to challenge them himself! Then he said they were the greatest! And I was just standing off to the side like chopped liver, he never said I was worthy enough to fight him in the order hall... even Eyir showed up, I guess I'm just not important enough...

Is that what Odyn does with everyone, just tells them they are the greatest champion to puff up their egos so they go and do jobs for him? I think I've been bamboozled. Did any other Warriors get told the same thing?

So whens the patch when I get to walk into the other Class Halls and beat up the head guys?
    You have always been the special one... CHAMPION!

I feel like this guy now

Go and beat Asmongold... When he calls you "The greatest Warrior who ever lived" - then its true

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    I guess Odyn made a joke! LOL

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

He's known for that. He finds the gullible Warriors with daddy issues, gets em a couple drinks, starts telling them they're great, and boom. He's got them
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Let's be honest here, warriors never really made much sense. They are there for the simpeltons and the people that want to go full anime with dualwielding 2h swords, besides that warriors should at best be a base class where other classes branch out from. In what world would it make sense to go blind melee only, when you can also enchance your attacks considerably with magic? Normally warriors would have to be on steroids (alchemy) all the time, wear magical enhancers, or augment their bodies in some other way to keep up.

With that out of the way, Odyn is a broken titan construct. All he goes on about is valor this, valor that. He has no sense for the severity of the situation and all that matters to him is killing off potential soldirs with his dumb ass trials. They could put him in a dungeon/raid for the 3rd time this expansion, kill him for real and I wouldn't even flinch. He is nothing but a waste of power atm, we should forge his ass into some weapons to beat the legion with.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-07-04 at 03:05 PM.

Odyn just said to you: "Git Gud"

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Let's be honest here, warriors never really made much sense. They are there for the simpeltons and the people that want to go full anime with dualwielding 2h swords, besides that warriors should at best be a base class where other classes branch out from. In what world would it make sense to go blind melee only, when you can also enchance your attacks considerably with magic? Normally warriors would have to be on steroids (alchemy) all the time, wear magical enhancers, or augment their bodies in some other way to keep up.

With that out of the way, Odyn is a broken titan construct. All he goes on about is valor this, valor that. He has no sense for the severity of the situation and all that matters to him is killing off potential soldirs with his dumb ass trials. They could put him in a dungeon/raid for the 3rd time this expansion, kill him for real and I wouldn't even flinch. He is nothing but a waste of power atm, we should forge his ass into some weapons to beat the legion with.
    So they are just Barbarians under a different name?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post

Wait, is that actually lore-correct, or just your belief about Odyn? If it's your belief, why do you believe so? If not, where in-game do we learn this, because I've not seen anything, though I did leave after a few months of Legion and only came back a couple weeks ago - was it in Trial of Valor or something?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

You really shouldn't allow yourself to be groomed by OdYYYyYyYyYn, his beard is in fact a fiery prison where the souls that he's devoured remain in eternal suffering.

He picks his victims based on 1 simple factor; The face they make when given compliments.

Example;

Be glad that he decided you were unworthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is actually a valid point, it shows Odyn's insanity. The guy is crazy, most likely with some form of dementia. He shows it in other places, too.

Deleted
    Have you brought valor to these halls? Remember, life is nothing without valor.

You honestly believe and hold any hope to the truth of words of a character who denies any wrong doings with Helya and other crap he has pulled because he believes he knows better then anyone else because at one time he was a reasonable general of an army without any real free will? He is literally one of the main antagonists in Legion behind the scenes.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucep View Post
    You honestly believe and hold any hope to the truth of words of a character who denies any wrong doings with Helya and other crap he has pulled because he believes he knows better then anyone else because at one time he was a reasonable general of an army without any real free will? He is literally one of the main antagonists in Legion behind the scenes.
    So my Class Hall guy is actually the baddie? Why am I helping him again? Does this mean I'm just a stupid Barbarian?

So my Class Hall guy is actually the baddie? Why am I helping him again? Does this mean I'm just a stupid Barbarian?
    He does though give nice pointy stuff to stab with. Also he allows you to blackmail a former Dungeon Boss into becoming your minion.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucep View Post
    He does though give nice pointy stuff to stab with. Also he allows you to blackmail a former Dungeon Boss into becoming your minion.
    The weird thing is, he doesn't look half as cool as he did when he was a dungeon boss.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Wait, is that actually lore-correct, or just your belief about Odyn? If it's your belief, why do you believe so? If not, where in-game do we learn this, because I've not seen anything, though I did leave after a few months of Legion and only came back a couple weeks ago - was it in Trial of Valor or something?
    Nah that is my interpretation. But the character is written in such an astonishingly flat and one dimensional way that it just makes sense. He also was cursed by helya for however long. I wouldn't be surprised if we found out he is coo-coo. His design is also a bit weird tbh, the two different eyes and some of the nicks in his skin. He also cheers at you like a moron when you kill the yarls at the funeral :P.

these dungeons have a gameplay way they go, and a lore way they go.

lore way that halls of valor likely goes, the warrior alone goes in and tackles odyn's challenges personally.