Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Having high DPS for P1 and P2 seems to make the fight substantially easier, especially in P2. If you're able to push KJ to 2nd intermission right after the 2nd set of adds in P2, you get to skip out on some overlapping abilities that are quite a pain to deal with and often cause wipes.

What grinds my gears in pugs is "Armageddon" and the count down on the ability goes 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 and people still stand behind the boss not spread out to cover as much ground as they can so they can soak easy.

Then some one misses it and every frigging retard starts arguing why that happened when it could of been avoided by simple spreading around the platform 5sec before the ability even spawns.
    Even in the overlap where there 3 adds spawning every one else but those 3 ppl can spread around, but people still refuse to.

Fault is raid maker side. Never WoW had so much idiots leader.
    "LINK CURVE 920+" right now is just a stupidity you miss good players with less exp on the raid this way. People are morons, community is in vast majority.
    Better form a group while asking mechanics carefully and asking some others questions like an interview, there would be more good groups.

Cause I'm sorry pseudo "curve 920+" boyz, the number of you failing hard and where I give a DPS ballzkick during fight while I don't have curve and I had at that time 910 ilvl is HUGE. This is not a good filter and the game is dying cause of this.

Spent two entire nights finding good pug groups or even no "ONLY RANGE AVATAR" groups (this one is fucking lel).

Oh, and 2 2 6 format, yeah continue, this encourages the diversity ! ...

To finish off, I'm laughing hard with current "930+ KJ HC" groups staying 0 / 0 / 2 for many hours. Obviously everyone is 930+.
    No, seriously, IQ test should be needed to make group ...

* was better long time ago *
    Last edited by Deix-EU; 2017-07-14 at 12:29 AM.

Deleted
    Those crying about itemlevel req are always the ones that are left behind, but guess what guys? If you're left behind with gear its almost always because you're crap, not because the world hates you for being too good. So shape up or shut up.

That said, KJ is one of those bosses that you cant just outgear, but its better to try it with high level people than with low ones, and there are no magical questions to ask if someone has a clue or not. I mean, deix-eu, wake the fuck up. You think asking someone if he's gonna soak is the solution? OFC they'll say yes. Anyone who has killed KJ HC knows how the fight works, and thats the only thing that armory can tell you. There'r no magical questions you can ask to be sure the morons WILL go to soak, WONT get hit by obelisks, WILL focus adds fast, WONT die becauase they cant spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I seriously dont know what to do anymore , i killed guldan hc week 2 but kil'jaeden is the true aids , i have done few p3 on him and the times i didnt was a wipe to armaggedon , literally nothing else is hard about this fight , i gathered the best possible group 6 dps out of 11 were doing 920k+ and the others 800k+ and still wiped a ton to armaggedon , every now and then someone moves out too early or something is left unsoaked , i myself as a tank soak every single time and i help as much as possible , im close to get a mental breakdown to this ability , im almost immortal on felclaw and still losing to this shit , it has become unbearable , healers and tanks dont fail anymore but armaggedon does , congrats to blizzard for thinking such a shit ability which is impossible to coordinate properly and has a ton of rng in it aswell and also favors some classes over others.
    Add Mephisto#2484 (if you are on EU) i'll get you in with one of my pugs and get you a kill

Most deaths are definitely due to armageddon and people being fooled by bursting dreadflames and moving out. My guild wiped on him for like 3 hours last night, best attempt was 19%. There's so much personal responsibility on that fight I can't imagine mythic.
    Last edited by shyguybman; 2017-07-14 at 07:22 PM.

Killed KJ HC on second pull with a LFR pug today.

Then spent 3 hrs wiping on Mistress (i'm farming certain drops from her).

Feelsbadman.

Pugs have no coordination. News at 11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PointerToAddress View Post
    We use a WeakAura for the soaks with a big icon in the middle of the room with the words "Don't get baited" with the CD on when the meteors land. Has helped quite a bit.
    do you have a link for this?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    Those crying about itemlevel req are always the ones that are left behind, but guess what guys? If you're left behind with gear its almost always because you're crap, not because the world hates you for being too good. So shape up or shut up.
    Out of curiosity, since we're talking here about pugs, and not guilds, how does being behind with gear have anything to do with being crap? It's not like you are guaranteed loot with pugs like it would be with a guild, so, even if you're godlike, raiding and clearing everything every week, with luck, you can end up getting 0 gear for weeks, which results in falling behind, which results in getting declined in those 930+ curve groups (even for normal...), despite oneshotting it with 890 groups weeks before.

I don't even mind stupid requirements anymore, at least it shows you which groups you should avoid. Somehow, usually, the higher the requirements, the worse the group. Especially on bosses like KJ here, where every 930 moron thinks that gear will carry him, and he can tunnel the boss, while ignoring mechanics completely...

Deleted
    Of course you can be very unlucky with gear, yes, but statistically, on average, most good players will gear up better than everyone else (since they'll be able to find reliable weekly pugs), meanwhile bad players on average will gear up slowly. KJ is a perfect example, few pugs kill it, and usually those pugs keep inviting people they know from the past weeks, meanwhile if you proved to be crap you wont be invited anymore.
    So yeah, rng works for everyone, but if you're good you have a lot of chances are that you wont be behind, and usually the people whining about itemlevel req dont whine that they have been unlucky with drops, they just whine because they are shit players.

That said, 4th reset of TOS, and KJ is pretty much still a cancer to pug. Guldan after 4 weeks was pretty much a joke. Those saying that KJ is even easier or that gear will make it trivial are clearly wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Pugs have no coordination. News at 11.
    Good pugs have more coordination than most guilds. Might want to change the news channel, buddy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    Fault is raid maker side. Never WoW had so much idiots leader.
    "LINK CURVE 920+" right now is just a stupidity you miss good players with less exp on the raid this way. People are morons, community is in vast majority.
    Better form a group while asking mechanics carefully and asking some others questions like an interview, there would be more good groups.

Cause I'm sorry pseudo "curve 920+" boyz, the number of you failing hard and where I give a DPS ballzkick during fight while I don't have curve and I had at that time 910 ilvl is HUGE. This is not a good filter and the game is dying cause of this.

Spent two entire nights finding good pug groups or even no "ONLY RANGE AVATAR" groups (this one is fucking lel).

Oh, and 2 2 6 format, yeah continue, this encourages the diversity ! ...

To finish off, I'm laughing hard with current "930+ KJ HC" groups staying 0 / 0 / 2 for many hours. Obviously everyone is 930+.
    No, seriously, IQ test should be needed to make group ...

* was better long time ago *
    Not everyone wants to invite scrubs who say they have got it to 10% before. You know why? Because everyone says that. There is no way to gauge how good a player is at the certain encounter you want them for apart from them having killed it or not and actually experienced every mechanic. I could give a fuck if you killed Mythic Gul'dan or whatever, if you haven't killed the boss I want you for then why should I risk taking you. Why does the raid size even matter to you? As long as it gets killed, remember it's still the first few weeks so alot of people still don't fully understand the encounter. Sounds like your butt hurt that you weren't getting invited to curve groups, but the majority of players that haven't killed the boss prior will not perform better than someone who has. People like to make the content as stress free and easy as possible and why shouldn't they? Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhzeus View Post
    Not everyone wants to invite scrubs who say they have got it to 10% before. You know why? Because everyone says that. There is no way to gauge how good a player is at the certain encounter you want them for apart from them having killed it or not and actually experienced every mechanic. I could give a fuck if you killed Mythic Gul'dan or whatever, if you haven't killed the boss I want you for then why should I risk taking you. Why does the raid size even matter to you? As long as it gets killed, remember it's still the first few weeks so alot of people still don't fully understand the encounter. Sounds like your butt hurt that you weren't getting invited to curve groups, but the majority of players that haven't killed the boss prior will not perform better than someone who has. People like to make the content as stress free and easy as possible and why shouldn't they? Deal with it.
    Deal with it means "lot of players are leaving this game because of toxicity in pug way of thinking" (I'm serious, I know many). Pug spirit is destroying the game right now (for a parallel, as it rots humanity in some firms in 2017), ToS has never been so exigeant in pug as it was for previous raid (kind of logic follow you would say). This is atricious right now, you don't raid the first week you are nearly stuck the next weeks because the 2nd one there is already 80% of "CURVE ONLY". This is fucking stupid especially when those groups (who are the majority) can stay for hours wihtout finding people sticking to the "rule".

And, let me laugh again, I saw those "curved", you can kill a boss without actually knowing much about it and I saw many curved doing either shit DPS or failing hard. But yeah I agree, this "leverages" the probability to find amongst them good people. Unfortunately, to the community you give a "possibility" they will exagerate it and take that as a common rule because "don't have time, we are consumer not provider" spirit => See: "ONLY RANGED" groups for Avatar, for example. Fault to Blizzard maybe but also community cause it's not like Mythic one has been killed with 4/5 rogues, you know.

Well OP is speaking about KJ HC difficulities, I'm answering with some of the explanations and some problems there are nowadays. I'm indeed upset finding no groups for Avatar because the ONLY RANGE group during two entire nights. Plus, there aren't many to be honest in pug right now, vast majority of people are still stuck with normal. Of course there are guilds and make your group solutions, I know. But I have my reasons after a 10+ day of leading teams at work (want to rest).
    Last edited by Deix-EU; 2017-07-15 at 11:19 PM.

So far its not looking good for my realm, less then 10 are 1/2 way thru Heroic and so far only 1 has done it.

It's easy, you guys should learn how to play.

The mechanics themselves are actually piss easy, but the fight is certainly a gear check for dps and tanks (our blood dk gets fucked hard by his claws).

If armageddon is the main cause to your wipes, you know what needs to be focused on then. How many physical immune players do you have? Did you set up an order to soak the big circle?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Devore View Post
    Good pugs have more coordination than most guilds. Might want to change the news channel, buddy.
    LOL! You made my day =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Literally the easiest end boss on NM and HC they have made in ages.

Boss is so unfathomably boring and easy.
    Gr8 b8 m8.
    Xavius HC was a lot easier than KJ NM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    LOL! You made my day =)
    idk what do you find fun, yday did mistress on a PuG group at first try after dying like 7 times and leave with a gruild group who needed tank.
    If you do nm/HC PuG>guild groups since the fact that some Myth raiders will join on your PuG if you set the ilvl req high and that doesn't happen on guild groups.