The President settles into role of global agitator

From CNN Politics

'In Warsaw, crowds waved American flags. In Germany, cartoonish effigies of the American President were hoisted instead. For President Donald Trump, a second foreign trip was again a study in contrasts, the quick-shifting reaction to his controversial tenure encapsulating the divided world he and other leaders at the G20 summit confront.
    Stopping for 15 hours in Warsaw, Trump found a confidence boost among the cheering crowds and like-minded government leaders. Delivering his first major outdoor address on foreign soil, he achieved a presidential moment, even as his message on America's view toward Europe diverged sharply with past US leaders.
    In Hamburg, where the hum of police helicopters provided background music to violent protests, skeptical leaders and sleep-deprived diplomats, his touchdown was a hard landing. The yawning gap between the reception in each city was plain.
    Not by accident, the first stop on Trump's two foreign trips have placed the President in a comfort zone, replete with adulation from leaders and new deals to announce between foreign governments and the United States.
    Just as he did in Saudi Arabia this spring, Trump basked in the admiration mustered by Poland's right-wing government. Standing outside the security barricades, thousands of average Poles -- farmers, students, teachers and shopkeepers -- filled the streets and greeted Trump with cheers.
    Many were bused into the capital from farflung provinces by civic committees, an attempt to deliver an enthusiastic welcome for Trump.
    The tactic worked in the opposite way here in Germany. Filling the streets were protesters from across Europe, a contingent of tens of thousands who came here to disrupt the annual G20 summit by torching cars, smashing windows and clashing with fully equipped riot police...'

Full CNN article
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/09/politi...cap/index.html

Do you literally post every single CNN article in the politics section? At least give some commentary. You are the laziest poster on the forums. probably worse than tennisace.

Since it was CNN it is probably fake news so won't even read what it has to say.

What is funny is all those "anti-globalist" and "populist" protestors should LOVE Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Do you literally post every single CNN article in the politics section? At least give some commentary. You are the laziest poster on the forums. probably worse than tennisace.

Since it was CNN it is probably fake news so won't even read what it has to say.

What is funny is all those "anti-globalist" and "populist" protestors should LOVE Trump.
    So, you admit you haven't read it but are calling it fake news? Are you shitposting to shitpost?

15+ Year Old Account
    This makes no sense, none at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    It does in a way you are not thinking about. Attention, even bad, negatives ones, can be inspiring to some. This is why all the negative stuff the media throws on Trump, only confirms to his supporters what Trump says about them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It does in a way you are not thinking about. Attention, even bad, negatives ones, can be inspiring to some. This is why all the negative stuff the media throws on Trump, only confirms to his supporters what Trump says about them.
    Why should "anti-globalist" and "populist" protestors love a populist who runs a global business? His probable impact helping their course doesn't make them love him.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Aren't the people that protesting against globalization more or less in agreement with Trump?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Aren't the people that protesting against globalization more or less in agreement with Trump?
    No, their arguments are totally different. One argues that globalization is making it more difficult to conduct business, while the other is complaining that these businesses are leading to horrible working and social conditions. One is arguing that west's culture is permeating the US, while the other is bitching that their neighborhood store got replaced by a McDonald's.

Take Trump's golf course in Scotland for example. When protests erupted about a foreigner destroying their land, who was for and who was against globalization? When Trump vodka is sold in Israel, who is fighting globalization? When Trump ties are made in Asia, who is anti-globalization?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I know Trump has literally inspired the entire world to look at their populists running for office and telling them to go to hell. I guess in a way Trump is doing the world a favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, their arguments are totally different. One argues that globalization is making it more difficult to conduct business, while the other is complaining that these businesses are leading to horrible working and social conditions. One is arguing that west's culture is permeating the US, while the other is bitching that their neighborhood store got replaced by a McDonald's.

Take Trump's golf course in Scotland for example. When protests erupted about a foreigner destroying their land, who was for and who was against globalization? When Trump vodka is sold in Israel, who is fighting globalization? When Trump ties are made in Asia, who is anti-globalization?
    Oh, I get you. Look how many Ma and Pa stores Walmart has put out of business since 1962.

At least you admit to being willfully ignorant, so that's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    At least you admit to being willfully ignorant, so that's a start.
    As I have already stated, people act as if being ignorant on a subject is a terrible thing. Being ignorant about something is nothing to be ashamed of. Ignorant simply is 'the lack of knowledge or information'.

Now, if the person is being 'willfully ignorant', as you have claimed, you probably should back up your claims before making such a heinous personal attack on someone. As they simply could could have just errored out of 'ignorance'.
    Enjoy your week everyone.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-07-10 at 09:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I get you. Look how many Ma and Pa stores Walmart has put out of business since 1962.
    Yeah, pretty much. Now pretend that Waltons are not from US and you are where they are at.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yeah, pretty much. Now pretend that Waltons are not from US and you are where they are at.
    Aldi has started to do just that.

As I have already stated, people act as if being ignorant on a subject is a terrible thing. Being ignorant about something is nothing to be ashamed of. Ignorant simply is 'the lack of knowledge or information'.

Now, if the person is being 'willfully ignorant', as you have claimed, you probably should back up your claims before making such a heinous personal attack on someone. As they simply could could have just errored out of 'ignorance'.
    Being ignorant is not a problem, being ignorant and trying to discuss it as if your opinion has merit... that's the issue.

The other poster literally refused to read a source, and refused to become informed, yet proceeded to push a false and bullshit narrative.

All you have to do to back up his claim is to simply review that guys history of shitposting. He's been clearly willfully ignorant of everything that's been happening the entire time since the election... denying everything from the President being Investigated to the completely ignoring the horrible negative image that Dumbass Dump is giving us.

Kinda like how we see you constantly supporting Dumbass Dump and his supporters in the forums but call yourself an independent. Just brainlessly copy/paste spamming CNN articles doesn't make you an "independent", especially since you never give your opinion on them.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    All you have to do to back up his claim is to simply review that guys history of shitposting. He's been clearly willfully ignorant of everything that's been happening the entire time since the election... denying everything from the President being Investigated to the completely ignoring the horrible negative image that Dumbass Dump is giving us.

Kinda like how we see you constantly supporting Dumbass Dump and his supporters in the forums but call yourself an independent. Just brainlessly copy/paste spamming CNN articles doesn't make you an "independent", especially since you never give your opinion on them.
    I don't follow other people's posting history.
    What is a "Dumbass Dump"?

These threads are just spam honestly. If you are going to copypaste front page stories from one of the most read news site in the world, you could at least put a little effort into doing it.

I'm still of the opinion that this is some sort of long game, and I'm waiting for the punchline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?