Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Free Trade Deal between USA & UK , as soon as UK does Brexit

President Trump has promised Theresa May a "Free Trade" deal between the United States and the United Kingdom, as
    soon as the UK leaves Europe thru Brexit

This will be a very big boost for Theresa May, who scrapped home in the recent election.

And will help make economies between USA & the UK a lot stronger.

Who needs Europe then? I think the UK will come out on tops after Brexit.

Watch the British Pound fly..

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/d...quickly-2017-7

LONDON — Donald Trump has promised a post-Brexit free trade deal with Britain “very, very quickly” following his meeting with Prime Minister Theresa May at the G20 summit.

Trump said the US and UK would work closely together to produce a new free trade deal.

“No country could possibly be closer than our countries,” he said.

“We have been working on a trade deal which will be a very, very big deal a very powerful deal, great for both countries and I think we will have that done very, very quickly.”

The comments will be welcomed by May, whose future as PM was thrown into doubt following her failure to win a majority in last month’s general election.

Early Brexit negotiations, which began last month, have so far faltered on the issue of negotiating trading relationships after Britain leaves.

The Trump administration has previously suggested talks over a future US-UK deal could have to wait until the completion of similar talks with the EU.

The two leaders are due to discuss the global financing of terror groups, the slave trade and the global economy. May is also expected to make her commitment to tackling climate change clear.

The president insisted that he would visit London in the future for talks, despite reports that his planned state visit has been put on hold indefinitely.

Trump had been due to arrive for an official state visit this year but the event was not included in May’s Queen’s speech last month which set out all state visits for the upcoming two years.

Trump was reportedly reluctant to come to London while huge protests were planned against the visit.

Because making a trade deal between two huge economies is so easy. Like putting up a wall. Or sorting out healthcare.

The guy is a fucking muppet. Says he can do anything in no time, with no consideration given to whether it's possible or not. Because that is basically how he works. He won't even be alive still by the time this deal is signed.

Still, at least he's consistent.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought free trade was killing the U.S??

What changed

Sounds like a "fair" deal I suppose. Right now we trade nominly about the same amount of good each year. Last year was ~55.2B vs ~54.2B. We had a little surplus trade. Year before U.K. had a little surplus.
    I don't know what they are sending over here. I would imagine machinery, vehicles and precious gems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Because making a trade deal between two huge economies is so easy. Like putting up a wall. Or sorting out healthcare.

The guy is a fucking muppet. Says he can do anything in no time, with no consideration given to whether it's possible or not. Because that is basically how he works. He won't even be alive still by the time this deal is signed.

We made NAFTA, and almost had TPP. I'm not saying either was good or bad, but it will not be nearly as difficult to make one with the UL.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it means we no longer have to pay extortionate customs fees for stuff from the US, then I'm perfectly happy with that. Lots of stuff is cheaper from the US than from Europe when you discount customs fees, although postage is still a bit of a pain.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post

Who needs Europe then? I think the UK will come out on tops after Brexit.
    Obviously this would just kill Europe, no way they can survive this!

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    We made NAFTA, and almost had TPP. I'm not saying either was good or bad, but it will not be nearly as difficult to make one with the UL.
    Those took years to draw up, trade deals are very complicated even between two nations.
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2017-07-09 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    Negotiation for TPP started in 2008. As for EU, this article says it all.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.19b57d0449ed

Also, TPP is still being pursued, even without the US. China wants in on the deal, although Japan is against it. The irony is that TPP was meant to control China's economic growth in the region.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2017-07-09 at 02:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Free trade between two nations of equal development, similar values, culture and language? I've never heard of such a thing!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Canadians not the best homies anymore?
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-07-09 at 02:38 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    She is all smiles. It should work out good for both countries.

surprised it took so long for this thread to pop up

this was already promised by Trump a while ago - at the same time his commerce secretary Wilbur Ross was describing Brexit as a "god given opportunity" for the US and other countries to steal business and jobs from the UK while the UK goes through the "most expensive divorce proceeding in the history of the world"

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    She is all smiles. It should work out good for both countries.
    how any lady, even one as robotic as TM, could fail to be all smiles while holding the hand of such a big and beautiful orangutan is beyond me
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2017-07-09 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I thought free trade was killing the U.S??

What changed
    The UK is about to have no leverage at all--unless you count potential bribing--, it will be a prime opportunity to exploit them once and for all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Those took years to draw up, trade deals are very complicated even between two nations.
    These wont since the UK will basically have to simply accept everything the US proposes.

Deleted
    Damn we gonna get exploited like fuck.

We are going to have to accept the rules of Brussels that we no longer have a hand in shaping, and get bent over by the USA at the same time.

Brutal, unless you are into that kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Damn we gonna get exploited like fuck.

We are going to have to accept the rules of Brussels that we no longer have a hand in shaping, and get bent over by the USA at the same time.

Brutal, unless you are into that kind of thing.
    the price of freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    the price of freedom
    You think the citizens of the UK will get freedom out of this?
    No, their rulers will get the freedom to take away more freedoms from their citizens out of this, they have been trying for this for years and the EU continued to block them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    You think the citizens of the UK will get freedom out of this?
    No, their rulers will get the freedom to take away more freedoms from their citizens out of this, they have been trying for this for years and the EU continued to block them.
    Was sarcasm bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    The UK is about to have no leverage at all--unless you count potential bribing--, it will be a prime opportunity to exploit them once and for all.

These wont since the UK will basically have to simply accept everything the US proposes.
    That would be incredibly stupid and I don't think the UK government is that dumb. You are basically saying they would just sign the dotted line without working out the finer details, if the UK is that desperate then they are really gonna get screwed during the brexit negotiations.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post

Because Trump thinks he's running a company. That's all he knows, even though all those bankruptcies show he can't even do that... but anyway, he has no clue. Worse is how the people who will applaud this have even less of a clue.