10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe a horde vs ally logo, consumed by void / helped by light, but too much info

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Could be a fleet of undead pirates seeking vengeance?

Or could just be multiple characters wanting vengeance, so the evens together become Tides of Vengeance
    Sure, I'm not saying the name can't be applied to anything. I just don't think it's meant to endure like TBC through the story of Warcraft. In 12.0, I don't see anyone referencing "The Tides of Vengeance" in dialogue. They might call it the "war on Azshara" or whatever.

That's why I don't think they need to be very stressed out about trademarking a name such as this.

LOL I just realized that if the plot really is about Ghost Daelin and his armies unleashed seeking vengeance, it's actually the plot of Pirates of the Caribbean 5.

Is the frame in the Tides of Vengeance logo unique?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    LOL I just realized that if the plot really is about Ghost Daelin and his armies unleashed seeking vengeance, it's actually the plot of Pirates of the Caribbean 5.
    I can't imagine WoW putting plotlines from movies into games...
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    That's true, although I suppose they had decided that they wanted The Burning Crusade to be a thing moving on from there. Tides of Vengeance doesn't really sound like something you'd carry on as the name of an organisation etc.
    The Cataclysm had no in-game meaning before the expansion, and hasn't continued on with relevance since then.

Or... wait... Holy crap. The Hand of Vengeance. O.O

It was Sylvanas's order of Forsaken Warriors that went to Northrend after Arthas. What if it's a reference to them, and the oncoming elevation of the Forsaken within the story of the game? After all, we know Sylvie is going to be a big part of the next expansion...

And there's Bolvar getting active compared to the last 3 expansions. And Helya is gone so the Valkyr option is nixed...

Could Sylvie go after the Helmet of Domination?!
    Last edited by Steampunkette; 2017-10-22 at 03:56 PM.

Deleted
    Is the frame in the Tides of Vengeance logo unique?
    Nope, a few pages back someone compared it and it is the Legion frame again.

If we will venture to a long forgotten island looking for rubies that will open up the way to the shadowlands where the spear of destiny awaits.... Im gonna be salty

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    The Cataclysm had no in-game meaning before the expansion, and hasn't continued on with relevance since then.

Or... wait... Holy crap. The Hand of Vengeance. O.O

It was Sylvanas's order of Forsaken Warriors that went to Northrend after Arthas. What if it's a reference to them, and the oncoming elevation of the Forsaken within the story of the game? After all, we know Sylvie is going to be a big part of the next expansion...

And there's Bolvar getting active compared to the last 3 expansions. And Helya is gone so the Valkyr option is nixed...

Could Sylvie go after the Helmet of Domination?!
    Interesting observations. I think that if real, the title is probably alluding to a lot of things. Sylvanas is likely to be a focal point of the expansion, and so is Jaina, Old Gods, Genn, Azshara, and many other notable characters. The theme of vengeance is definitely there. Some want vengeance for the loss of their homeland, others for the loss of family members, lovers, or friends. Some seek vengeance for their own lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Nope, a few pages back someone compared it and it is the Legion frame again.
    Ah, that's too bad, that's rather damning. Unless only a few of the frames are unique but I think they all are right?

I just want to change my orc hunter into a Mag'har. I would love it if blizz let me do thst. Hoping the datamined races are a sign of more to come.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I can't imagine WoW putting plotlines from movies into games...
    Someone missed Cata.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Okay guys I'm back! What did I miss? Why is Marlamin a tortollan? Any leaks?
    Nothing, Memes and No, In that order.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Someone missed Cata.
    I actually would have really enjoyed Uldum if it wasn't for Harrison Jones.

So you know, if they changed nearly the entire questing experience there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Someone missed Cata.
    Pretty sure that was sarcasm.

Uldum was freakin terrible. When we found the MoP trademark I was still salty so I honestly didn't believe that Blizzard will do real lore intstead of just throwing in movie plots and offensive stereotypes. Got my first mod warning here on mmochamp for it. I'm very glad I was wrong in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Pretty sure that was sarcasm.

Uldum was freakin terrible. When we found the MoP trademark I was still salty so I honestly didn't believe that Blizzard will do real lore intstead of just throwing in movie plots and offensive stereotypes. Got my first mod warning here on mmochamp for it. I'm very glad I was wrong in that case.
    MoP still had KW which was literally the worst Pirates Movie. Atleast the zone had some good ass atmosphere. *Praise be to Dave Kosak*

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Nothing, Memes and No, In that order.
    Big fan of the Tortollan meme right now haha! Still catching up, almost done!

Deleted
    Ah, that's too bad, that's rather damning. Unless only a few of the frames are unique but I think they all are right?
    If it ain't broke...

Perhaps they view the frame as something they'll improve on if need be, but certain details they stick with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    MoP still had KW which was literally the worst Pirates Movie. Atleast the zone had some good ass atmosphere. *Praise be to Dave Kosak*
    But at least we didn't have Luce Bree questing with us the whole damn time in Pandaria or something equally retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    ANd now with Chronicle lore I am even more mad about Uldum
    I think I'm one of the few who enjoyed cataclysm, I liked that they updated the world and I mostly enjoyed my experience at 85.

I do think cataclysm dropped the ball on several things. Making jokes about dumb memes or movie references every other zone was a massive mistake. It made those zones just not feel meaningful at all, when in truth they could have been rich with lore.

Definitely one of the major failures to cataclysm for me anyway.