Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Must I mention Ion's Foreshadowing comment?
    Probably should, just to drive the point home.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    ...Uhhh...what?

In Cata, there most certainly was a MoP intro Questline. It was the Wrathion rogue Questline, namely the end of it, where he was talking about a land in the mists.

Not just that, but in WoD's announcement, Metzen was talking about MoP having a lead into WoD, which you eventually lead into the Next Expansion, and so forth.

So, here's what we got:

MoP's Garrosh Warcrimes BS lead into WoD. Gul'dan/Archimonde led into Legion. Sargeras' Final Blow on Azeroth, and the whole N'zoth foreshadowing will lead into the Black Empire's return.

Must I mention Ion's Foreshadowing comment?
    Malfurion also mentions Val'Sharah in quest text in WoD in HFC patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awww shucks! I didnt make it into page 1111!
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    They might not be. Everyone is freaking out over shit we don't know enough about. These very would could not be used for future sub-races. They could be, but we have no idea how they will be implemented or what types will be.

The four new races added to charraces.db in 7.3 are all currently in Legion right now, meaning they might be working on a new system and they needed those four/accidentally left those four on because they're related to content in Legion (with Alleria being the connection to VoidElf). It's no coincidence the only ones added are relevant in this current expansion.

Everybody is being way too upset and dismissive over something that may end up being nothing, and if it is something we know nothing about. This very well may be the tip of the iceberg.
    So true, it could all be nothing, or at least not mean what we think it is, we have to be prepared.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelium View Post
    I hate the Worgen being forced into Wolf form for combat purposes, otherwise allow human form at all???
    Allowing human form would at least give us human druids!

The large "eyebrows" on the Void Elf shield look very familiar, can anyone help me pin them down? I feel like they may be related to Warden armor?

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    That is a good point... but could it, instead, point to an improved model choice system on the Dev Team's side of things? A more complex GUI for choosing models and applying different faces/hairstyles to them so that they are separate and relatively unique without requiring individual hard-code models, so that armor can be changed out expansion to expansion without having to do a whole new model for the character?

Toward the end of City of Heroes it's something the Devs did, there, to make their lives a bit easier. They wound up organizing shittons of semi-unique and unique costume pieces into the character creator (With an NPC tag so players couldn't access them) to allow for faster NPC generation.

I'm not saying it's what is happening, only that it is an option.

The default classes, though, is particularly damning.
    You're right, it could be anything. What's clear is it seems to be a small tidbit of a future system, whether it's just a new categorizations system for NPCs or something for plays to customize their characters remains to be seen. It's clear these are used for something because they're new to 7.3, and three of the entries aren't used (despite 2 of the entries being related to NPCs already existing in the world). We'll have a good idea in 2 weeks to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    The large "eyebrows" on the Void Elf shield look very familiar, can anyone help me pin them down? I feel like they may be related to Warden armor?
    Warden helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelium View Post
    Probably should, just to drive the point home.
    Idk when he said that, but I know he said it in a Q@A.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    Awww shucks! I didnt make it into page 1111!
    But ya made it into page 1112.

....FeelsLordMan.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Hearthstone implemented alternate heroes years ago and just now got around to introducing one for every class.

Let's not pretend they have to have subraces for everything.
    I don’t think there’s a Druid one yet unless they announced it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    The thing that turned Draenor into the Outlands, right?
    Or the Sundering by a different name?
    Cataclysm is what it is. The name was perfect for the expansion and described exactly what happened. Unless you put Deathwing or Aspects in the title Cataclysm has been a remarkable choice. Something like Tides of Vengeance doesn't describe anything.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Hence why a good number of us are hoping for Ghost Pirates. Shadowlands lore would be a great lead-in to N'zoth and the void as opposed to just blowing our load on whacking Azshara and N'zoths toenails.
    Why not have Ghost Pirates, N'zoth/Azshara, the Beginning of the Void Lord's fall, and....well....Azeroth herself in the same Expansion?

-_-

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I doubt it, they are cloesr to Blood Elven aesthetics. (30 second edit)
    Not at all. They are absolutely the Nightborne look.

Hell, I could see subraces becoming a new unlockable via achievements/store/whatever else.
    That'd be pretty cool, and what about for reputation, if you got exalted you earned a sub-race. Like if you are a worgen and you got exalted with Night elves, you could be Night Elf as your main race (not Gilnean Human). And you could change it in the Barber.

Void Elf weapons do look like colorswapped Nightborne weapons. Maybe they are placeholders?

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Exactly!!!! Sometimes, restrictions can be so frustrating.

@Deldramar BTW, could you please answer my private message

I mean, if they can make a minimum of one per race, more power to them. There would certainly be variance.

Only one's I could think of for Worgen are like... night elf or stormwind human alternate forms; nothing really spectacular compared to Broken or Nightborne.

I feel like if they get creative, they could have at least one for every race; I doubt they would do it at start though.

Hell, I could see subraces becoming a new unlockable via achievements/store/whatever else.
    They could do NElf Worgen. They could also do the Worgen in Northerend (can't remember the area name). Or like VoidElfs and Lightforged Draenei, make something new.

Maybe there's some Kul'Tiran Worgen out there somewhere, or some other type of "island" Worgen we haven't seen that will show up next expac.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh they look distinct to me. Hell, they look more Night Elven to me.

Also one more thing to further drive home how this sub race idea seems implausible. Why do these four get special creation, models, and starting zones while Mag’har or Dark Iron don't? Seems like having their cake and eating it too.

Not to mention four (or three if the Broken Isles two share a zone) new zones is a lot of work. I believe back in WoD Blizzard said the starting zoned take as much, or more, work than the models.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Also one more thing to further drive home how this sub race idea seems implausible. Why do these four get special creation, models, and starting zones while Mag’har or Dark Iron don't? Seems like having their cake and eating it too.
    Because those two aren't making it into the initial patch? That, or they don't believe Mag'har and Dark Iron popping up in the starting zones is as lore-fucking as an Argus Draenei or an Elf who would (at the time) be living in a bubble, and thus don't need to be special "hero" races like the rest that start later in the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    why cant panda be druids i mean they are already bear
    mr pickles