The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Two elf races are why I think the four leaked ones are legit: high elves for alliance are ridiculously popular, as are elves in general.

Lightforged Draenei were requested enough for Ion to comment on them (and say they have a "unique culture") while HM Tauren just make sense.
    I mean I'm an elf fan. I've played BElf since BC.

If this actually happens I'm never playing an elf again.

We're at Elf Critical Mass, Blizzard. Stop, please. Give us creative stuff again, not just reskinned Elves.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

This is coming from a High Elf for Alliance fan but, if that actually happened, it might be one of the biggest mistakes Blizzard makes.

There's a chance Horde pop numbers would never recover. You never know how many BE players (who make up the majority of the Horde now) would jump ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    just ebcause youa re boring and only play with the pretty elves id not mean other people play other races

It's objective that so few people play the other races that they aren't worth how much work goes into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Hell if they did all of the above I'd be game.

As long as they do SOMETHING new and it's not just all Sub-Races I'm okay with this.

But no leak has suggested that, only suggesting Sub-Races. Only four, by the way. Hence my signature.
    There was no leak that implied ONLY four sub races... That's just what was found in the data thus far. For all we know there is a lot more hidden on Blizz's end.

Really though, if I had to pick one thing to play as, it would be these.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Two elf races are why I think the four leaked ones are legit: high elves for alliance are ridiculously popular, as are elves in general.
    The high elf fans will not be happy if the void elves look like Alleria's shadowform.

The shitstorm would be fun to watch at least.

Just to make sure I’m not imagining things: did Horde always get changed into Alliance races during the Black Morass dungeon prior to 7.3? I don’t remember that for that dungeon

Edit: I am imagining hem. You always transformed.
    Last edited by Ningjinq; 2017-10-23 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    just because you are boring and only play with the pretty elves did not mean other people dont play other races
    I feel you, and know where you're coming from, as I'm a huge Troll fan.

But Elves (and Humans and Draenei) are absolutely the most popular played races in the game, and it makes sense to provide more options for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post
    There was no leak that implied ONLY four sub races... That's just what was found in the data thus far. For all we know there is a lot more hidden on Blizz's end.
    And they're all still just reskins. Not new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    I feel you, and know where you're coming from, as I'm a huge Troll fan.

But Elves (and Humans and Draenei) are absolutely the most popular played races in the game, and it makes sense to provide more options for them.
    They find more good looking races relatable and such. We are a visual species after all.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

And they're all still just reskins. Not new.
    We also don't know if sub-race would be the only feature. As I've said a thousand times I feel like they could easily add a new race/class on top of the new reskins.

Whether or not Void Elves are becoming playable, they will exist. That's pretty much unarguable at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    This sub-race speculation is really interesting. Honestly, coupled with the dialog Blizzard went out of their way to implement between Liadrin and Sigryn, I'd say it is VERY VERY likely we'll see sub-races in the next expansion.

And I want to remind everyone, that while aesthetically one would assume the nightborne to be a sub-race for nightelves, lore doesn't necessarily make it so. The last time the nightborne were united with the Night elves was at the War of the Ancients, thousands of years ago. There was no horde or alliance back then. No high elves/blood elves. They have lost contact for thousands of years, and now they see that a part of their kin has turned to the Alliance, while another has turned to the Horde (as blood elves). One of those groups is conservative about wielding arcane magic, lives off druidic magic and the light. The other have developed a wondrous city of arcane knowledge, have had their leadership corrupted by demons, became addicted to magic and used a well (Sunwell) to sate it. With which one of these groups do you think the Nightborne will have an affinity ?
    My thought exactly. Blood elves are the most similar race to Nightborne in the entire game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Ogres are trash.
    Elves are shit

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    It's objective that so few people play the other races that they aren't worth how much work goes into them.
    its objective and only speculation to assume that

and putting more elves will just help to vanish the other races, it will not help, only make things worse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Agree.

It can't be floated as a major expansion feature.
    If this were WoD Blizzard I'd sit back and say "they're a bad enough company to try it."

But this is Legion Blizzard which just pulled off a surprisingly good expansion where they didn't shit the bed and cut half the expansion before launch. Heck, they cut one elf ruins zone and replaced it with three zones on ARGUS.

That's another reason why all this sub-race talk doesn't sit well with me. It sounds like WoD Blizzard, cutting corners and doing what's fastest, cheapest, and easiest. It's out of character unless they really do have alternating expansion teams.

Hell if they did all of the above I'd be game.

As long as they do SOMETHING new and it's not just all Sub-Races I'm okay with this.

But no leak has suggested that, only suggesting Sub-Races. Only four, by the way. Hence my signature.
    I think you have too much reliance on leaks. None of the leaks we have right now seem viable, and even if they are, the "Great WoD Reveal" leak left out the biggest feature of WoD, the Garrisons. You want a leak with huge features to latch on to, but just because we don't have one doesn't mean there won't be a bigger feature. In fact, I think it's silly to think that. We could easily get a new race as well as subraces, or subraces and some major other expansion feature. They won't *just* be selling the expansion with customization, there's no precedent for them doing anything that shallow, even in WoD.

If this were WoD Blizzard I'd sit back and say "they're a bad enough company to try it."

But this is Legion Blizzard which just pulled off a surprisingly good expansion where they didn't shit the bed and cut half the expansion before launch. Heck, they cut one elf ruins zone and replaced it with three zones on ARGUS.

That's another reason why all this sub-race talk doesn't sit well with me. It sounds like WoD Blizzard, cutting corners and doing what's fastest, cheapest, and easiest. It's out of character unless they really do have alternating expansion teams.
    How? Is it because we're only talking about subraces and not new races? Again, people have begged for customization and subraces, but just because people are talking about it doesn't mean its literally all we're getting. (Or we're even getting it. We just have a few clues pointing to one or another.) It doesn't even make sense given the sheer volume of content in Legion. I don't understand why you'd think that when this just sounds like one feature out of several in a normal expansion. Keeping in mind that we literally know nothing concrete about the content of 8.0 so saying it won't deliver makes no sense at all.
    Last edited by Darkhallows; 2017-10-23 at 03:05 AM.

You are filled with assumptions, aren't you?

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume these are not the only four subraces/customizations being added. It'd be a lot more telling if Blizzard added all the other races/customization options in 7.3, rather than ones those four. Those four by default are a lot less conspicuous , because we're dealing with those things. I have a hunch we'll see more added in the future.

I think these files named Void elf is more of a short-form descriptor. “They look elfy and voidy...Void elf ya that.”

I mean, I'm already excited to play as a Nightborne Outlaw Rogue, even if we aren't getting an actual new race. I'd recommend you guys prepare for the worst in your mind and work from there.