Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Yeah, that's the theory.
    Totally missed this... I wonder if they're a candidate for a new playable race?

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Also Turtles are lizards.

Just saying.
    No, they aren't. Turtles diverged from the common ancestor millions of years before lizards became a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    No, they aren't. Turtles diverged from the common ancestor millions of years before lizards became a thing.

Deleted
    That's not even a theory, just a guess thrown out there at this point. Logo also doesn't hold much weight as we've seen dozens of fake logo's over the past years, some that look pretty good. It's still something with no shred of evidence behind it like most of the leaks that get posted. Might end up true, might not. I'd rather keep discussing stuff that we at least have some evidence of (Kul Tiras, Seabraid Stallion, Armored Raptor, Tottle, Silithus wound, race entries, etc.) because there really isn't much to discuss regarding an image and a possible expansion title.
    Sure. My point was merely that people are perfectly happy discussing a bunch of vague clues and supposed leaks in this thread, but when it comes to the logo people instantly dismiss it based on an argument that is fragile at best. ("The corners look like those of the Legion logo, and the turquoise colour on the letters looks weird" isn't enough to debunk it.)

I agree about the importance of the data-mined assets, as those are the only real clues we've had so far in my opinion. But if those are the only valid topics from now on, then we ought to immediately stop bringing various other 'leaks' into the mix.

Yeah, that's the theory.
    If tottle is indeed a tortollan, two possibilities:

- If this is an island expansion, maybe Tortollans will be introduced as the mysterious people of Tel'Abim?

or

- This expansion may indeed be a world revamp, with Tortollans in Un'Goro, and maybe Kul Tiras is just a new end-game zone in EK?

7+ Year Old Account
    Turtles are obviously mammals. /s
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think they are reptiles rather than lizards?
    Lizards AND turtles are both reptiles.

Deleted
    Definitely agree with this. Storms of Kul Tiras is waaaay too easy but still a fun social experiment that so many people jumped to the same conclusion after hearing the book title.
    To be fair, I think a lot of people jumped aboard because you suggested it. You've gained a lot of respect for your data-mining and sound arguments, so when you speak people tend to listen.

That said, I agree that Storms of Kul Tiras probably isn't it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    Sure. My point was merely that people are perfectly happy discussing a bunch of vague clues and supposed leaks in this thread, but when it comes to the logo people instantly dismiss it based on an argument that is fragile at best. ("The corners look like those of the Legion logo, and the turquoise colour on the letters looks weird" isn't enough to debunk it.)

I agree about the importance of the data-mined assets, as those are the only real clues we've had so far in my opinion. But if those are the only valid topics from now on, then we ought to immediately stop bringing various other 'leaks' into the mix.
    It was analized and discussed yesterday for a couple hours, then we moved on. Mind you that other than VoS, most leaks have lasted only a couple hours. ToV got the same treatmant.

(Subraces and stuff parrot mentioned are datamines, not leaks)

No bruh. Like I am sorry but the bottom of the letters of Warcraft in that logo are a shopjob worse than something my little sister could do with an Instagram Filter. Its literally a solid 90s Neon Blue. It looks like trash. Unless we are getting a secret Vaporwave or Miami Heat Expansion, that logo is bunk.

Edit: About Tortollan. We learned in MoP that Saurok are somewhat seafaring from the starting zone too. Saurok v Tortollan could be a real thing.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2017-10-23 at 10:43 AM.

I think they are reptiles rather than lizards?
    Yes, they are both reptiles. Turtles are just way older.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also, page 1250 tomorrow? Passing the 7.0 thread before the announcement

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    It was analized and discussed yesterday for a couple hours, then we moved on. Mind you that other than VoS, most leaks have lasted only a couple hours. ToV got the same treatmant.

(Subraces and stuff parrot mentioned are datamines, not leaks)
    But there is no reason to fully dismiss ToV yet, that's what I'm saying. The analysis conducted wasn't very good. It basically boiled down to: "the corners are similar to the Legion logo, while Blizzard usually seem to invent new frames for every logo" and "the colours on the letters seem weird, is the lighting wrong?". Once that was said, everybody just jumped on board and stopped thinking about it. Then somebody clever comes along and professes to be a Photoshop genius and says something like "In my expert opinion, this logo looks like fucking shit", and everybody feels reaffirmed in their belief that the logo is false.

There's a ton of stuff about that logo that clearly indicates it might be the real deal. Might.

Deleted
    Stop trying to make that logo happen Most people in this thread don't like it and don't want to discuss it and that's that imo. There are hundreds of things we could discuss here but it's clear this one is not of interest to most people here so that's that. If it happens to be true, you get to come back and be super smug about it. I'd post a meme but they are frowned upon
    I think I should be allowed to shape the discussion as much as anybody else. Clearly we all work better when we work together in solving these clues. We've spent like 50 pages talking smack in connection with the potential sub-races being added, so I don't see what harm there is in reassessing the logo.

7+ Year Old Account
    But there is no reason to fully dismiss ToV yet, that's what I'm saying. The analysis conducted wasn't very good. It basically boiled down to: "the corners are similar to the Legion logo, while Blizzard usually seem to invent new frames for every logo" and "the colours on the letters seem weird, is the lighting wrong?". Once that was said, everybody just jumped on board and stopped thinking about it. Then somebody clever comes along and professes to be a Photoshop genius and says something like "In my expert opinion, this logo looks like fucking shit", and everybody feels reaffirmed in their belief that the logo is false.

There's a ton of stuff about that logo that clearly indicates it might be the real deal. Might.
    We haven't fully dismissed any leaks yet, just discussed them as far as we want. Even RotL could still be authentic if it was a recreation of what somebody saw

I'd have to agree ToV -might- be true, but it kind of seems unlikely with the way the picture was taken in a "fake leak" manner.

But who knows, maybe the guy likes taking garbled pictures.

Good to see everyone getting along again!

But more hard evidence indicates its a shitty shopjob.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    i don't think we ever objected to stuff happening to Kul Tiras. What we don't like is the idea of turning the Island of Kul Tiras into a full sized continent.
    So what is a continent in THIS sense, because you clearly don't mean the geological sense.

Kul Tiras' land area could have been MASSIVELY increased by the Cataclysm. Any amount of land could have been thrown up, and given how much magic and hypertech exists in WoW, any amount of stuff could have happened to it (plus volcanic islands are ultra-fertile).

I haven't seen anyone objecting to Kul Tiras even allow for this possibility.

Equally, it could have been sunk, or horribly damaged. They have big options here.

So how many zones EXACTLY, how big EXACTLY is too big, taking into account the Cataclysm and magic? I think so long as Kul Tiras *itself* is not bigger than the Broken Isles, no-one will object. Then you can have the other nearby islands as well, if wanted. Personally I suspect the expansion will be a combination of a moderately sized Kul Tiras and updates to the main Azeroth, as well as possibly some other islands.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think I should be allowed to shape the discussion as much as anybody else. Clearly we all work better when we work together in solving these clues. We've spent like 50 pages talking smack in connection with the potential sub-races being added, so I don't see what harm there is in reassessing the logo.
    Because subraces are based on datamined info which holds more power than any leak.

Maybe khadgar has been a turtle all along we just never noticed. The flower he wanted? He ate it.