Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Subrace talk in this thread is just a lot of yelling and nothing else.
    So tell people not to yell! That's the problem, not discussing a topic. Plus the biggest yeller got banned so I don't think it'll be as much of an issue.

I get that some people are bored of them, but they're going to be discussed and then Blizzard is going to announce the expansion and there'll be no mention of subraces whatsoever and basically we're all going to die of shock. Like, the floor will be covered in spilled cups of tea and monocles, just everywhere.

So,

I think it is safe to say; that with the datamined Kul’Tiras Questing Armour and the Zandalari stuff. Plus the fact that Zandalari Trolls and Kul’Tiran mariners are in Azuna being enslaved by the Naga... that Zandalar and Kul’Tiras will be relevant in the next expansion. Also with Janina being present on the Blizzcon Key Art and her ties to Kul’Tiras, that just adds more evidence to the fact.

Basically now we’re just speculating on the bigger story of the expansion and features that might be implemented / improved upon for it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Remember how they accidently leaked worgen and goblin as new races through masks and then added a bunch of other masks to "conceal" it? Might be that among these, some are decoy to throw people off, they just thought of doing that right away this time.
    Some are decoys? But we only have four subraces. And 13 races. If some of the four are decoys, we really don't have much.

Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    God damn, I'm really starting to jump aboard the undead pirate crew hype.

• Daelin Proudmoore returns as a scourge of the seas (literally), commanding an armada of dead sailors.
    • Jaina is trying to protect Kul Tiras, and by extension all of Azeroth from the impending threat. The fleet of Kul Tiras has already suffered heavy losses.
    • Queen Azshara is possibly working with the Admiral of the Damned (Daelin), together posing a thread unlike anything the world has ever seen.
    • Unlikely twist: rather than being evil, Sylvanas leads the effort to bring back Vol'jin from the dead and in so doing finding a mighty ally in the Zandalari Empire.
    • Naturally the Old Gods are brewing beneath the surface, manipulating things.
    And a rumor starts circulating that there is a mailbox on Kul Tiras that only shows up at midnight and if you leave a letter there with the name of the one who ruined your life, a cute little girl will come and drag that person into the Shadowlands.
    Last edited by mmoc38dc10fd5b; 2017-10-23 at 12:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harisun View Post
    So,

I think it is safe to say; that with the datamined Kul’Tiras Questing Armour and the Zandalari stuff. Plus the fact that Zandalari Trolls and Kul’Tiran mariners are in Azuna being enslaved by the Naga... that Zandalar and Kul’Tiras will be relevant in the next expansion. Also with Janina being present on the Blizzcon Key Art and her ties to Kul’Tiras, that just adds more evidence to the fact.

Basically now we’re just speculating on the bigger story of the expansion and features that might be implemented / improved upon for it?
    everyone agrees lol, were speculating on possibilites with races and the legitamacy of some leaks, but we will neve rknow for sure till its revealed it seems for the first time in forever, the next expac points to an expac the fans have really wanted since forever. Its always either been south seas or emerald dream.

Deleted
    for the last two weeks i coudnt stop read this forum, but now i think is better wait untill blizcon. know the expansion before the blizcon is like see a spoiler of game of thrones.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    everyone agrees lol, were speculating on possibilites with races and the legitamacy of some leaks, but we will neve rknow for sure till its revealed it seems for the first time in forever, the next expac points to an expac the fans have really wanted since forever. Its always either been south seas or emerald dream.
    Awesome sauce! That’s just me catching up to speed haha. #ILikeBeingInvolved

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dadoru View Post
    for the last two weeks i coudnt stop read this forum, but now i think is better wait untill blizcon. know the expansion before the blizcon is like see a spoiler of game of thrones.
    If its well written, spoilers don't matter. For reference, you have Aerith dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    If Daelin is coming back i wanna Rexxar as major role once again

And vol'jin don't need sylvanas to come back from dead, he just need better writing
    Give us Rexxar, Rokhan and maybe Baine leading the story for the Horde.

They were crucial in beating the crap out of Daelin before, and probably know their way around Kul'Tiras.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    Then they throw us a curveball and give us South Dream and Emerald Seas expansions :P

I am still interested how people think 4 sub races as expansion feature could work. What's with all the other 8, 9 races that don't get sub races then? "Haha, bad luck!" or what? How exactly could this work? I mean it's even worse then giving us just new character models in WoD.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harisun View Post
    So,

It's also worth looking at the armour styles of the Antorus raid, which, rather inexplicably include stuff like Naga armour for Hunters, very piratical-looking armour for Rogues, Zandalari-style armour for Shamans and so on. It's not a lock-in or unprecedented or the like, but it's interesting to put alongside that stuff.

It miiiiiiiiiiight though, have another reason that's not either - the Thal'dranath deal.

Say this stuff was concepted and early work started when Thal'dranath was still in the game, right? Given the alleged plot of Thal'dranath, which I've forgotten but hopefully someone can remind me of (the internet is being unhelpful), maybe they made sense for that? And then Blizzard decided not to change them, because honestly the art has never been THAT closely tied to the raids (well usually not) so...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Give us Rexxar, Rokhan and maybe Baine leading the story for the Horde.

They were crucial in beating the crap out of Daelin before, and probably know their way around Kul'Tiras.
    Don't forget that it was the first appearance of a certain Chen fucking Stormstout.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    It's also worth looking at the armour styles of the Antorus raid, which, rather inexplicably include stuff like Naga armour for Hunters, very piratical-looking armour for Rogues, Zandalari-style armour for Shamans and so on. It's not a lock-in or unprecedented or the like, but it's interesting to put alongside that stuff.

It miiiiiiiiiiight though, have another reason that's not either - the Thal'dranath deal.

Say this stuff was concepted and early work started when Thal'dranath was still in the game, right? Given the alleged plot of Thal'dranath, which I've forgotten but hopefully someone can remind me of (the internet is being unhelpful), maybe they made sense for that? And then Blizzard decided not to change them, because honestly the art has never been THAT closely tied to the raids (well usually not) so...
    Speaking of which

What will be te cut content of 8.0? Cata had some, WoD had more than the uncut content, and Legion had Thal'dranath.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I am still interested how people think 4 sub races as expansion feature could work. What's with all the other 8, 9 races that don't get sub races then? "Haha, bad luck!" or what? How exactly could this work? I mean it's even worse then giving us just new character models in WoD.
    I doubt it would be only 4. Currently we don't know why those database entries exists for the 2 elves and the tauren. It's just all wild speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I doubt it would be only 4. Currently we don't know why those database entries exists for the 2 elves and the tauren. It's just all wild speculation.
    Yeah but imho it's very lackluster. And having just one sub race per race is pretty boring as well. I mean having the choice between your usual character or maybe one new sub race you don't like... eeeeh. The whole sub race idea is very interesting but very hard to handle. Something easier to implement would be a new character creator and just increase the amount of customization options by a huge amount.

I mean instead of giving us them as sub races they could give us them as entirely new races, can't they?

Deleted
    guys this might be stupid, but looking at the normal wow logo, and then looking at the wow website, the wow logo is a little more blue than normal? is that normal or is that a very, very subtle hint lol, maybe im blind

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Maybe they were left in on accident because some dev thought they were part of existing files (since all are related to Legion 7.3 or earlier, with VE only connecting to Alleria) and the others were removed because no legion connections?
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Every race doesn't need - or qualify - for sub-races. Shoot! The Lightforged Draenei are a stretch as it is. Stick to the lore, give time for seeding, and stop rushing features (that's my advice to the developers and the fans).

Idk, we could be way off, even with the Kul'Tiras stuff.

IT very well all could be misdirection since blizzard knows about data miners and is actually encrypting stuff they want hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilat View Post
    Idk, we could be way off, even with the Kul'Tiras stuff.

IT very well all could be misdirection since blizzard knows about data miners and is actually encrypting stuff they want hidden.
    Everything except Kul'Tiras is speculation. Kul'Tiras with the datamined set and Jaina as Blizzcon postergirl is pretty much set in stone. I doubt Blizzard is creating useless content just to misdirect...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Every race doesn't need - or qualify - for sub-races. Shoot! The Lightforged Draenei are a stretch as it is. Stick to the lore, give time for seeding, and stop rushing features (that's my advice to the developers and the fans).
    Which race doesn't qualify for sub races? If we don't use Lightforged Draenei there could be the Broken as a sub race. Every race has more or less sub races in Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Some are decoys? But we only have four subraces. And 13 races. If some of the four are decoys, we really don't have much.
    Yeah. For one, I wouldn't bet money on subraces being an expansion feature in the first place. But if they are, we're still very early in the development of the expansion or maybe for some compatibility or prepatch reasons they had to include only some of them already but wanted to make it less obvious by adding some duds as well (imo Void Elves is the most obvious one).
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?