Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    See this is exactly what would piss me off. An ass pull about Locus-Walker suddenly training an entire species to use the Void in the span of less than a year while we're on Argus.
    What's wrong with a brand new faction for once?

See this is exactly what would piss me off. An ass pull about Locus-Walker suddenly training an entire species to use the Void in the span of less than a year while we're on Argus.
    Training? Did the Shadowguard train all of the Broken on Argus in less than a year? Or did they just bond them all with Void energies, with only one real success being able to control it? With the common Broken Draenei hardly being able to use it effectively at all?

I don't think Void Elves are going to be universal masters of Void energy, so much as they'll be enhanced by it. Not all Trolls are masters of dealing with Loa, but all receive their regeneration from their blessing. Not all Night Elves are Priestesses of Elune, but all can Shadowmeld due to her blessing. Not all Draenei are masters of the Light, but they all have the blessing of the Naaru.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    If we get Tortollan as canon non-playable race, I'd be delighted and so surprised! If we get it as a playable race, I won't even find the words. #TortollansForBlizzcon2017 hehe! Okay that's enough for tonight, good night good people of the 8.0 thread!
    I would LOVE that. Would also be a fresh expansion like MoP.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It's not confirmed, but it's pretty obvious:

- if Antorus patch would be the last, they would just call it 7.3.5,
    - in 7.3 they introduced rewards for 3 PVP seasons, presumably for 7.3.0, 7.3.2 and 7.3.5,
    - Ion already confirmed that we will get 1-2 story patches after Antorus.

Real question is: when this patch will hit live servers? It could be usual 11 weeks after Antorus, but it also could be midway through content drought to somehow fill it. I guess it depeds if it will be last patch or not.
    If I were blizzard and focused on player retention, I'd time 7.3.5 to be roughly in the middle between Antorus opening and 8.0 beta servers opening up, just to maintain some kind of interest in the game. I do think that patch will have a lot of tie-in content to the next expansion, and that's why we only have 7.3.2 on the PTR at the moment.

A picture from inside the Wow dev office was leaked on some russian forum with the 8.0 features :O

https://i.imgur.com/pNlKXRO.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Pretty much this, they lied to our faces before when they wanted to. Like the CM who said they have absolutely no plans to ever make DHs, posted less than a year before legion's announcement.
    CM are some of the last people to get debriefed about an expansion so they don't accidentally leak or give hints, and the DH starting zone was created just before HFC if I remember corectly (can't check MapIDs now), meaning that a year before Legion was announced it didn't exist and DH were probably a concept, if that.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Training? Did the Shadowguard train all of the Broken on Argus in less than a year? Or did they just bond them all with Void energies, with only one real success being able to control it? With the common Broken Draenei hardly being able to use it effectively at all?

I don't think Void Elves are going to be universal masters of Void energy, so much as they'll be enhanced by it. Not all Trolls are masters of dealing with Loa, but all receive their regeneration from their blessing. Not all Night Elves are Priestesses of Elune, but all can Shadowmeld due to her blessing. Not all Draenei are masters of the Light, but they all have the blessing of the Naaru.
    Locus-Walker wouldn't go and bind a bunch of High Elves to the void. He specifically was trying to dismantle the Shadowguard because they were using the Void foolishly. He's very much a Yoda type. He spent 500-1000 years training Alleria just so he could get out of jail and begin her REAL training.

I can see the idea of binding some High Elves to the void working, if it's a story entirely disconnected to that of Alleria. Make it about the Old Gods, or the Twilight's Hammer, or even the Shadowguard interfering on Azeroth in secret.

Just leave Locus-Walker and Alleria out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    A picture from inside the Wow dev office was leaked on some russian forum with the 8.0 features :O

Ah yes Lurky.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account

I was expecting this picture, but the version with the Login screen behind them

10+ Year Old Account
    Locus-Walker wouldn't go and bind a bunch of High Elves to the void. He specifically was trying to dismantle the Shadowguard because they were using the Void foolishly. He's very much a Yoda type. He spent 500-1000 years training Alleria just so he could get out of jail and begin her REAL training.

I can see the idea of binding some High Elves to the void working, if it's a story entirely disconnected to that of Alleria. Make it about the Old Gods, or the Twilight's Hammer, or even the Shadowguard interfering on Azeroth in secret.

Just leave Locus-Walker and Alleria out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yes Lurky.
    Locus Walker is only Yoda in the sense of a mentor. Anything else is not true, trusting LocasWalker despite the fact he has helped Alleria. I sense he has ulterior motives of his own.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hyrja View Post
    a picture from inside the wow dev office was leaked on some russian forum with the 8.0 features

https://i.imgur.com/pnlkxro.jpg
    holy shit chilton is back!!!! Its almost like we see the 2 years old photo!!!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Locus Walker is only Yoda in the sense of a mentor. Anything else is not true, trusting LocasWalker despite the fact he has helped Alleria. I sense he has ulterior motives of his own.
    Honestly he HAS been hinted at as not as reputable as he seems.

Just ask the gear salesman about him after you unlock Seat of the Triumverate.

Apparently he's scammed other Ethereal out of money for a "promising project."

Though why he was playing so straight with Alleria when he's just as bad as the Shadowguard would be weird to me.

Either way I DO like this line of thinking. High Elves who were forced into the Void, rather than just High Elves who willingly followed Alleria.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Ok so we will have to wait til august 6?

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Ok so we will have to wait til august 6?
    6 is twice that of 3 and November is 3 months after August, therefore expansion confirmed on Nov 3rd.

Locus-Walker wouldn't go and bind a bunch of High Elves to the void. He specifically was trying to dismantle the Shadowguard because they were using the Void foolishly. He's very much a Yoda type. He spent 500-1000 years training Alleria just so he could get out of jail and begin her REAL training.[/COLOR]
    Was Alleria imprisoned with him for thousands of years? I don't think it was that long. But still, of course he disagrees with the Shadowguard using the Void recklessly. That doesn't mean they don't share similar ideas at the core, merely that he thinks the Shadowguard's methods are crude. The Shadowguard are just puking Void on everything to see what works. Their creations are mottled messes of Void and flesh.

With Alleria, he had a willing test subject he could carefully tinker with. And Alleria's form is nowhere near as messy as the Void-Broken. If such experimentation were part of his ulterior motives, he's now ascertained the ideal race upon which he may continue his work. Of course, with more safety precautions and ethical guidelines than the Shadowguard.

Calling him a Yoda is doing a disservice to just what a disreputable fellow he is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    6 is twice that of 3 and November is 3 months after August, therefore expansion confirmed on Nov 3rd.
    I'm glad that the math adds up!

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    I believe you misinterpret the results. Half life 3 is confirmed to be coming out that day

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I believe you misinterpret the results. Half life 3 is confirmed to be coming out that day
    My god... I never thought I'd see the day.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Already pre-ordered.

OT: Who will pre-order as soon as it's available?

The idea that X amount of time is definitively needed for Y thing to occur in a game like this is ridiculous.

All you need is the ground work for the concept. Blizzard will fill in the amount of time, or just do whatever they'd like to make one thing or another a reality. It's how they work.

Just because you can't rationalize how something will work out to yourself, doesn't mean it's either impossible or implausible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Pretty much this, they lied to our faces before when they wanted to.
    Like the CM who said they have absolutely no plans to ever make DHs, posted less than a year before legion's announcement.
    and only a silly dwarf would claim CMs are Blizzards employs....