Okay I feel there is some confusion about which pictures are confirmed to be fabricated - at least on my end. The catch-up doc says the one having pre-purchase is faked, but from what I understand Mayples only confirmed that he faked the one with the Naga, while explicitly stating that the one with the pre-purchase button was not made by him (after which he created the naga fake to prove why he thinks it's fake). Was the "second" ToV logo "leak" confirmed to be fabricated by someone else?
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think a Medic would work with a lot of totem-like effects (healing and aid stations, think like a First Aid based class) and less targeted healing. I also don't think it's that good an idea. Realistically, what playstyle can we think for a healing class that does not exist already? Arcane could work with time magic (sadly warding magic evidently won't work since that is what Discipline did).
    You mean people need to click the aid station to heal?
    People hate that. Remember holy priests' Lightwell before it got to heal automatically? People either hated that or didn't use it. I just ended up putting it where I was standing during the fight so I could use it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    They need to print it onto stuff to show off to people at Blizzcon, don't they, and that takes some time also.
    That's true. Not sure how long that would take if they went into hyper production mode shortly before

5+ Year Old Account
    Someone repost the catch up document

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think a Medic would work with a lot of totem-like effects (healing and aid stations, think like a First Aid based class) and less targeted healing. I also don't think it's that good an idea. Realistically, what playstyle can we think for a healing class that does not exist already? Arcane could work with time magic (sadly warding magic evidently won't work since that is what Discipline did).
    Another type of gameplay that I think we have not yet seen is that the medic could run around the field supplying everyone with potions/antidotes and the recipients would get a sort of stacking buff and let's say that each attack done by the recipients consumer a stack to do any number of things depending on the buff consumed.
    The only issue with this I think is that is is not really a good mechanic against high burst damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vondoo View Post
    Someone repost the catch up document
    And put a ketchup document on the hype train. The stew needs some seasoning.

10 more days!

750 more pages.. YOU CAN DO IT!

Just so everyone is aware, Mayples did not create the logo, he only created the images in the tweet and inserted the logo from the "leak."

Someone tweeted him and asked him to post the PDF of the logo by itself for Mayples to prove he made the logo. I replied to THAT tweet telling the guy Mayples couldn't do that since he only created the screenshots in the tweet and never said he created the actual logo.

Guess what? 2 minutes later, Mayples removed BOTH tweets.

This guy has no concrete proof and is just mad he can't give evidence whether or not the logo is real or fake.

I am not saying I know if it's real for fake, but it is most certainly NOT debunked at the current moment since no one has come forward with proof that it is their fake.

TL;DR: Mayples is being super salty/shady, and the logo "leak" is still potentially real.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Just so everyone is aware, Mayples did not create the logo, he only created the images in the tweet and inserted the logo from the "leak."

Someone tweeted him and asked him to post the PDF of the logo by itself for Mayples to prove he made the logo. I replied to THAT tweet telling the guy Mayples couldn't do that since he only created the screenshots in the tweet and never said he created the actual logo.

Guess what? 2 minutes later, Mayples removed BOTH tweets.

This guy has no concrete proof and is just mad he can't give evidence whether or not the logo is real or fake.

I am not saying I know if it's real for fake, but it is most certainly NOT debunked at the current moment since no one has come forward with proof that it is their fake.

TL;DR: Mayples is being super salty/shady, and the logo "leak" is still potentially real.
    I don't think he ever claimed he made the initial logo leak, just that fake site screenshot with the buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I don't think he ever claimed he made the initial logo leak, just that fake site screenshot with the buttons.
    That is 100% my point.

His vague wording in the tweet caused confusion on Reddit though and now everyone is convinced he made the logo and it's fake.

Also, the fact he deleted tweets of people asking him to post the PDF of the logo (And then my tweet telling them he didn't make the logo) is not only weird but also a bit rude. What exactly does he have to hide or lose? He obviously didn't make the logo so why is he censoring people pointing that out?

5+ Year Old Account

Went ahead and did a quick Redbox edit of the latest "ToV Logo" image.

The discrepancy between the buttons and the actual logo is very small, and could be accounted for by a perspective shift based on the angle to the screen. The appearance of the discrepancy looks larger than it is because of the Scan Lines.

Scan Lines which indicate that the picture is being taken of a CRT monitor, rather than an LCD or LED monitor. The kind most likely to be found in the home or home office of someone who doesn't upgrade their hardware all that often...

It's almost certainly fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    That is 100% my point.
    I don't see the issue or why he would be shady/salty about it. We're still at the same point we were at before he made the wake site screenshot, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Went ahead and did a quick Redbox edit of the latest "ToV Logo" image.

The discrepancy between the buttons and the actual logo is very small, and could be accounted for by a perspective shift based on the angle to the screen. The appearance of the discrepancy looks larger than it is because of the Scan Lines.

Scan Lines which indicate that the picture is being taken of a CRT monitor, rather than an LCD or LED monitor. The kind most likely to be found in the home or home office of someone who doesn't upgrade their hardware all that often...

It's almost certainly fake.
    Read up, author already came forward.

EDIT: Or maybe that was for a different image. Unsure. Ignore me.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2017-10-24 at 10:05 AM.

It's time to break out the FTK for the logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    OBESE goblins like Gallywix
    That'd be sick.

I don't see the issue or why he would be shady/salty about it. We're still at the same point we were at before he made the wake site screenshot, right?
    Basically, which is why it annoys me. I guess I'm mostly salty because he censored me from pointing out a truth and now half of Reddit is thinking, "Ermagherd Mayples on twitter made the logo it's soooo fake lolololol we got trolled!" when he didn't.

EDIT: I was just explained on Reddit that you can't deleted someone else's tweets, but if someone deletes a tweet you replied to, then yours will get deleted with it.

Basically, when I explained to the guy who replied to Mayple's tweet that Mayple's didn't make the logo, he probably deleted his tweet asking Mayple's for the PDF of the logo because he felt he got his answer. Which means Mayple's didn't delete my tweet or the guy I replied to's tweet. The guy I replied to did. XD

At any rate, I still wish this Mayple's guy would tweet out saying he didn't make the logo itself, just to clear up confusion for those on Reddit who don't follow the comments and only the title and the tweet.
    Last edited by Servasus; 2017-10-24 at 10:06 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Read up, author already came forward.
    I decided to do the redbox after catching up to about page 1200, so ... Sorry.

Still 30 pages behind but I think I'll skip 'em.

Also: Damn. We're nearly to 1250 and it's over a week away, still!

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I decided to do the redbox after catching up to about page 1200, so ... Sorry.

Still 30 pages behind but I think I'll skip 'em.

Also: Damn. We're nearly to 1250 and it's over a week away, still!
    Or maybe I'm wrong and I'm mixing up images now. Too tired, ignore me the next few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    That'd be sick.
    If that were the case one of the first fat female goblins would be a honey boo boo reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

Deleted
    As long as they announce demon hunter void gnome, I don't care about the rest.

Deleted
    wonder if blizzard prepares like 1-3 expansion names+logos+websites that fit the exact same narrative so if the expansionname+logo actually get leaked they can change it on blizzcon day, guess thatd be to much work though