Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Oh My Ursol I made it, such honer.

THX m8s, special mention to the best humans in thread (and France and Argentina):
    @Fahrad Wagner
    @Pantupino

I will keep posting high qualerty content just 4 u

Urs truly Zoibert the Bear.
    I love that bear, he's so smooth.

---

Also, I don't get people who STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND THE LOGIN SCREEN MEME! You're like those people who come to university without paper and without a pen: just why?! WHY?!

AND PEOPLE, STOP with that ToV leak, it's blatantly fake and some people are trying to push it. Do you really think someone would bother taking a shitty picture with their phone when they can just screenshot?

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Mayples didn't make the logo, genius.
    Yeah, I just edited that post as you posted.

Still calling fake though. So much wrong with it.

Deleted
    Okay, all of you who still think it is Tides of Vengeance. Riddle me this. Why is the picture of the logo taken from a computer screen. Wouldn't it be easier to take a photo off a mug or a T shirt? or a flag? Probably easier for a random mook to access instead of a website that isn't online yet.

Maybe...just maybe.......... it is because ToV is fake.

It's panda denial syndrome and orc denial syndrome all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Caaethil View Post
    Yeah, I just edited that post as you posted.

Still calling fake though. So much wrong with it.
    No worries. Nothing wrong with having an opinion. I just am trying to clear up all this confusion mayples has caused by being so vague in his tweet. Sorry for being snarky toward you.

Deleted
    I am also sure some Blizzard devs rofl at our comments about possible expansions, as far as they draw our attention from real stuff, the bigger impact will have. You have been played. Also, no expansion leaks will be on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    People who are denying ToV now are the same people who had panda denial syndrome and orc denial syndrome.
    I embraced Mists of Pandaria leak, but I'm rejecting ToV. Invalid argument.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harisun View Post
    So wait, why can't the Alliance have High Elves? What's the difference between Blood Elves and High Elves, if they're essentially the same?
    There's like only a handful of highelves left basically and they are all ready part of the alliance just not playable, Probly cos there's only a handful left

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Yes, Mayples confirmed (on reddit) he did not create the image with the logo and and pre purchase buttons. He then went and fabricated the image with the naga next to the logo to show how easy it is to fake. Please fix in document when less tired (unless I missed something else about the image with the pre purchase buttons, fake or not, nothing is confirmed about it)
    I've removed that part of the doc for now. Will leave it up in the air for now until I can properly take a look at what the heck happened over the past few hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I embraced Mists of Pandaria leak, but I'm rejecting ToV. Invalid argument.
    I want to reject it as well, just the sheer fact of reading ToV creates an audio loop in my head...

A shocking weakness!

AND PEOPLE, STOP with that ToV leak, it's blatantly fake and some people are trying to push it. Do you really think someone would bother taking a shitty picture with their phone when they can just screenshot?
    Why do you think they would be able to take a screenshot? They might have just passed a display showing something that shouldn't be shown or at least seen yet. Seriously, I just want ToV to be true because I want to be able to tear apart all this flimsy "Blizzard would never..." debunking going on. I'm pretty sure people "debunked" the MoP logo because it was so totally shitty and obviously fake and they debunked the Cata leak because Blizzard always calls their expansions something of something and would never do a one word expansion.

Not all the the debunking done here is bad, but some of it is really silly.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    There's like only a handful of highelves left basically and they are all ready part of the alliance just not playable, Probly cos there's only a handful left
    Like there's only a handful of Ashbringers left..?

Oh.

Deleted
    I love that bear, he's so smooth.

---

Also, I don't get people who STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND THE LOGIN SCREEN MEME! You're like those people who come to university without paper and without a pen: just why?! WHY?!

Now you know how I feel when the thread derails into talk of sub races then down the rabbit hole of trying to invent subraces for races that don't have any and invent a whole new start zone for every race blah blah blah

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I've removed that part of the doc for now. Will leave it up in the air for now until I can properly take a look at what the heck happened over the past few hours.
    This is what happened.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caaethil View Post
    Like there's only a handful of Ashbringers left..?

Oh.
    How has that got anything to do with it? Weps and loot have always been outside the rule. How many warriors have gorhowl?

Deleted
    I am now 90% certain that Tides of Vengeance is the real expansion. There's just so much about the new image (not the one by Mayples) that screams authentic. First of all, the waves splashing around the letters 'Warcraft' look great. So it's clearly a professionally animated logotype.

Then we have the buttons underneath the logo on the website; Legion's promotional website used entirely different buttons. So these ones are either faked exceptionally well or taken from some other source.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    The catch-up document is so meta...
    Should be fixed now, sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    I am now 90% certain that Tides of Vengeance is the real expansion. There's just so much about the new image (not the one by Mayples) that screams authentic. First of all, the waves splashing around the letters 'Warcraft' look great. So it's clearly a professionally animated logotype.

Then we have the buttons underneath the logo on the website; Legion's promotional website used entirely different buttons. So these ones are either faked exceptionally well or taken from some other source.
    While true that some things look pretty authentic, it should be treated as any other unconfirmed good looking leak until we actually have something to go on (domain registration resolving back to Blizzard, trademark, stuff like that).
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2017-10-24 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    Now you know how I feel when the thread derails into talk of sub races then down the rabbit hole of trying to invent subraces for races that don't have any and invent a whole new start zone for every race blah blah blah
    I don't mind about this, it's jut frustrating when people keep defending a leak that has been debunked by people who know (at least apparently) what they're talking about haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Why do you think they would be able to take a screenshot? They might have just passed a display showing something that shouldn't be shown or at least seen yet. Seriously, I just want ToV to be true because I want to be able to tear apart all this flimsy "Blizzard would never..." debunking going on. I'm pretty sure people "debunked" the MoP logo because it was so totally shitty and obviously fake and they debunked the Cata leak because Blizzard always calls their expansions something of something and would never do a one word expansion.

Not all the the debunking done here is bad, but some of it is really silly.
    So getting your phone out of your pocket and screening a screen is easier than doing a screenshot? Yeah, not convinced. MoP and Cata were never debunked like this, Cata was very credible and MoP as well even if at the time some would argue it would be a mini-game.

EDIT: My point is, if it was genuinely taken by a phone during a presentation, first of all I doubt the person would have dared to take their phone out (so there shouldn't be any leak at all) and even if they did, shouldn't we see something like parts of the room or something?

I'm sorry if I'm being a bit vehement here, it's just Veil of Shadows all over again, and sooooo many leaks before. I don't want to get my hopes up.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    A bad picture taken with a phone camera of a fake logo is the "ToV leak"

oh wow we still have those? daaaamn, takes me back to the leaks of MoP and WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    "Oh no! She used a ubiquitous program to perform an incredibly simple task! Clearly she is dumb and wrong"

Fuck off with that shit, "Bro". The lines are straight across the elements, which is all I needed to prove the point: That the discrepancy is small and likely caused by viewing angle to the monitor. If anything, the scan lines are the damning element as they're fairly clearly on a diagonal to the horizon provided by the elements and are, ultimately, what I think may prove it false.

And believe me when I say, I don't want it to be false... I love the title and want it to be real.

Could it be a projection onto a screen rather than a CRT and show those scan lines or something like that? I agree it's quite weird if its definitely CRT.