5+ Year Old Account
    just been thinking and my mind kinda went in a different direction because of my fave creature and lit on Storm dragon then thought of before the storm.... what if the new expansion deals with Odin and the rest of the titanic watchers the Before The Storm book could mean we are dealing with Thorim these guys are the remains of the Pantheon after all and world blood if it's powerful enough to bring back old gods......

I keep hearing about “Davy Jones” leaks but haven’t seen the info surrounding it. Could someone provide a link? Is there literally supposed to be a main villain named Davy Jones in WoW, or is the idea that there’s a character very similar?

Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post
    Yep, I'd have to agree that not all pirate things are a joke. There is a lot of pirate and high seas mythology that is pretty freaking dark and could easily constitute an interesting story.

Honestly, I say give it a chance to be good. Mists of Pandaria, which was "Kung Fu Panda" land turned out to be a lot better than most everyone expected, after all!
    I wonder if MoP would have turned so grimdark if Blizz wasn't pressured by crybabies into making it not a "Disney kungfu panda expac". It really was the first expac to bring to light how deep the racism of Warcraft gets, to the point both factions committed outright racial genocide against elves and trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post
    I keep hearing about “Davy Jones” leaks but haven’t seen the info surrounding it. Could someone provide a link? Is there literally supposed to be a main villain named Davy Jones in WoW, or is the idea that there’s a character very similar?
    It's an "old character" who is reimagined in a very similar way to Davy Jones. Leaker said it is not Daelin or the Bloodsail captain, but instead Lieutenant Alverold

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Lieutenant_Alverold
    Last edited by EbaumsTipster; 2017-10-25 at 01:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I wonder if MoP would have turned so grimdark if Blizz wasn't pressured by crybabies into making it not a "Disney kungfu panda expac". It really was the first expac to bring to light how deep the racism of Warcraft gets, to the point both factions committed outright racial genocide against elves and trolls.
    Only racism was Alliance races and Horde. Not some hatred against Elves and Trolls.

It's an "old character" who is reimagined in a very similar way to Davy Jones. Leaker said it is not Daelin or the Bloodsail captain, but instead Lieutenant Alverold

Wouldn't surprise me to see some Kul'Tiras ghosts lost at sea.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2017-10-25 at 01:37 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Only racism was Alliance races and Horde. Not some hatred against Elves and Trolls.
    Alliance genocide against lightskin elves (if one thing posting on lore forum taught me, I truly do not give a fuck what 'dorei they were). Kor'kron committed genocide against Trolls.

Genocide against playable races is a pretty heavy theme. Most Warcraft victims of violence are against villains or soldiers. These are victims simply because of their race.

Dark stuff.

Last edited by nanoneo; 2017-10-25 at 01:40 AM.

Welp. You know what that means.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nanoneo View Post
    did we already establish this ?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatch Rackham View Post
    did we already establish this ?
    yup we did but people are bored me thinks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Alliance genocide against lightskin elves (if one thing posting on lore forum taught me, I truly do not give a fuck what 'dorei they were). Kor'kron committed genocide against Trolls.

Genocide against playable races is a pretty heavy theme. Most Warcraft victims of violence are against villains or soldiers. These are victims simply because of their race.

Dark stuff.
    Not gonna agree on the genocide part on Alliance side but I'll agree on this, Mist did have it's lighter tones, but the general warcraftness wasn't gone either.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Who exactly would be High King then? Genn "I'm a laughably racist 1 dimensional character" Greymane? Velen (who likely would never take the position in the first place)?
    Magni the rock? Malfurion "TYRANDE!!" Stormrage? You make it sound like Anduin doing it is unheard of.
    It is unheard of. He's not even remotely a military commander. Giving him the lead of their united armies would be one of the stupidest decisions they could ever make.

Honestly at this point I think Velen or Moira would be the best candidates. Velen was pretty damn successful on his invasion of Argus, and Moira has experience uniting factions who otherwise don't like each other to work for a common cause.

It's worth noting that in that Light vs Shadow comic, Genn is nowhere to be seen. Probably because he dies of old age naturally, but we might see him lose his position to Velen.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Who exactly would be High King then? Genn "I'm a laughably racist 1 dimensional character" Greymane? Velen (who likely would never take the position in the first place)?
    Magni the rock? Malfurion "TYRANDE!!" Stormrage? You make it sound like Anduin doing it is unheard of.
    No one hopefully because High King is a fucking stupid idea. It's an Alliance, not an empire.

There could be a Supreme Allied Commander like Lothar was. And you know who took over when Lothar died? Turalyon. Because it was a military position and as such it was passed down the military chain of command. Sure as fuck wouldn't go to some stupid little child with no experience at all just because of who his daddy was.

Ech, as much as I don't like that "Last adventure on Azeroth as you know it" leak, it does match up with that sub-race list that was posted in a dead thread on 4chan that got no attention until looking back on the archives.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    It's worth noting that in that Light vs Shadow comic, Genn is nowhere to be seen. Probably because he dies of old age naturally, but we might see him lose his position to Velen.
    I mean. The vast majority characters aren't seen in those couple pages. Doesn't mean they are dead. Sure you could argue that Genn would die by of old age. You'd probably be right imo. But lack of appearance in a comic is not a good form of evidence of that.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    It is unheard of. He's not even remotely a military commander. Giving him the lead of their united armies would be one of the stupidest decisions they could ever make.

Honestly at this point I think Velen or Moira would be the best candidates. Velen was pretty damn successful on his invasion of Argus, and Moira has experience uniting factions who otherwise don't like each other to work for a common cause.
    To be fair, it is a pretty common plot line in stories, including I believe the Warcraft RTS games, to have “soldier with no combat experience become greatest soldier ever.”

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Ech, as much as I don't like that "Last adventure on Azeroth as you know it" leak, it does match up with that sub-race list that was posted in a dead thread on 4chan that got no attention until looking back on the archives.
    Probably because it was made by the same guy?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    To be fair, it is a pretty common plot line in stories, including I believe the Warcraft RTS games, to have “soldier with no combat experience become greatest soldier ever.”
    I don't really recall that ever being a theme in the Warcraft RTS games, but if you can show me an example I'll gladly concede.

I thought the 4 datamined subraces might not actually happen. But this video has changed my mind. Seeing the tooltips with the race names and faction tags already in the game data is quite convincing.