Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    Making everything from scratch.. If we continue the car analogy that would mean building the engine and everything.

That's what gnomes and goblins do, they build from scratch. They don't take parts from a spaceship created by a naaru and putting them together to a smaller spaceship. The robots in gnomeregan were built from scratch, they didn't go to the closest home Depot and bought parts.
    I believe you're overthinking it.

A Tinker tinkers with technology and uses it as a weapon. Their primary fighting skill is using technology. That doesn't specify how much of that technology is theirs, as long as they know how to build and repair their weapons.

A hunter putting a scope on his rifle isn't a tinker, but a draenei building a mech using naaru crystals or a blood elf building a manned arcane golem are.

The way I see it, there are three "levels" for this:

1) Like Demon Hunters, only one race per faction: Gnomes and goblins can be Tinkers.

2) Like druids, two races per faction: Gnomes, draenei, goblins and blood elves can be Tinkers.

3) Like other classes, most races except for a few: Gnomes, draenei, humans, dwarves, goblins, blood elves, orcs and undead can be Tinkers.

Considering they'd probably have custom visuals depending on their race, I'd say 3 is unlikely.

On the other hand, they could make all Alliance Tinkers use gnome technology and all Horde Tinkers use goblin technology, in which case they could go the DK/warrior route. But I think that has a lot less personality.

I'm fine with either 1 or 2.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2017-10-25 at 08:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    That's just Halloween.

Ghost themed tweets that mention blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Damn, the last few days, keeping up with this thread has felt like a part-time job.

I love it.
    Same haha! It's so time-consuming though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    They didn't use parts because they didn't have parts. But if we assume the Artificers know how this technology works, and I think that's a safe assumption based on WoD Shadowmoon Valley, then they could just do it if they want to. But there were perfectly viable spaceship parts they could use, so why wouldn't they?
    My point is that draeneis don't fit as a tinkerer class. Sure they can put together vaguely technological shit using magic gems and crystals, but that's not what a Tinker class is. A Tinker class is something like Gelbin Mekkatorque, high Tinker and King of gnomes. You know, building Mechanical stuff not magical.

Expansion "Eye of Azshara" = Dungeon
    Azshara = Quest in Azsuna
    Expansion Emerald Dream = Nightmare Dream (Raid - 7.0)
    Ancient God = artifact (Shadow Priest)

I have a slight impression that the new expansion will not have what we think.
    In 7.0 all speculations came as content patch, quest or dungeon. And not the central theme.

Deleted
    I think the ghost-themed tweets thing is stretching it a bit. They do all sorts of 'suggestive tweets' over the year from our point of view, but usually it's just a couple of developers feeling the holiday spirit or referencing something else internal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post
    Nothing. Just 200 pages of fan-rant and the confirmation of sub-races for next expac.
    Confirmation? Did I miss something?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    My point is that draeneis don't fit as a tinkerer class. Sure they can put together vaguely technological shit using magic gems and crystals, but that's not what a Tinker class is. A Tinker class is something like Gelbin Mekkatorque, high Tinker and King of gnomes. You know, building Mechanical stuff not magical.
    Sure, they are not steampunk, but if Tinkers (not happening ever btw) can only be Goblin and Gnome, or have only Goblin and Gnome themed abilities, they might as well just be racials.

Quote Originally Posted by belsalles View Post
    In 7.0 all speculations came as content patch, quest or dungeon. And not the central theme.
    Well, a lot of people did speculate about a(nother) Burning Legion expansion. They just couldn't predict the Broken Isles as a continent.

Similarly, I imagine that even if the next expansion were to be the infamous "Azshara expansion", it would take place in a way, or in a place, we couldn't expect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Sure, they are not steampunk, but if Tinkers (not happening ever btw) can only be Goblin and Gnome, or have only Goblin and Gnome themed abilities, they might as well just be racials.
    I'll believe it after they address Gnomeregan and Undermine.

The datamined subraces having a character selection screen
    Wait, what? I missed that.

I only know they're listed the same way playable characters, naga or vrykul are, as "characters" they can put equipment on, and not "creatures" with preset models. Meaning they could be NPCs like the Lightforged are now.

Separating Highmountain Tauren from Tauren is an interesting move, but one that could have other explanations.

A character selection screen would make a pretty big difference.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2017-10-25 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by belsalles View Post
    Expansion "Eye of Azshara" = Dungeon
    Azshara = Quest in Azsuna
    Expansion Emerald Dream = Nightmare Dream (Raid - 7.0)
    Ancient God = artifact (Shadow Priest)

This. Blizzard have a way of given us stuff we didn't see coming (Inter-dimensional demon space ships) with stuff we've wanted / predicted (Azshara, Emerald Dream, etc)

Deleted
    There is no well established tinker class you can point to like with death knights of demon hunters. Blizzard can do whatever the fuck they want with the concept.

And just because the fuel is magical it can still be a mechanical construct. Like you can tinker with a steam engine just as well as you can with a gasoline fueled one. Simple as that.

The datamined subraces having a character selection screen, paired with Dev Q&A's from a while back stating that they want to work on subraces/expanded customization "in an awesome way" make it seem far-fetched to think that we won't be seeing some form of expanded customization.

However, nothing is confirmed; it could be early work for subraces in 9.0+, a red herring, or just devs messing around.
    Ah, thanks. Still not convinced that we get them as playable (sub)race. Would be a disaster to have 4 races with sub races and 9 without. Would be a major let down. How likely is it that the other 9 sub races have been missed in the files? And it might not be a coincidence that the 4 datamined "sub races" are part of Legion. Maybe it has absolutely nothing to do with the upcoming expansion.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    Someone maybe remember me or not (can check my posts history).
    Information access in Blizzard ATM is much harder than before Legion when we leaks Intro and xpac details months before blizzcon ...
    As no-longer-working guy, can't confirm, can't deny - leaks above. Of course south seas stuff was the thing we talked about too,
    but I dont remember did it was on schedule for x7 or x8.
    The only thing I remember was that when we talked about x6 (wasnt named Legion yet) on long before GC, is that they had plans for the next 2-3 xpacs already on the wall (it was almost 1,5 year ago).
    All I would trust for now is datamining ;-)

I actually wouldn't be surprised if we got a cinematic type thing at Blizzcon, for the next expac.

Didn't MoP get announced before Dragon Soul was released? Even in the MoP anmnoncment trailer; Thrall says something like "And now we must face the destroyer... with a new destiny on the horizon (Pandas)."

Let me rephrase that; I believe they were flagged as having character creation screen and associated classes.
    @Marlamin is the one to get specifics from for the sake of clarity.
    Still, that's different from other NPC races such as broken or vrykul.

Do void elves also have those? Because that would be a weird subrace (unless it was a codename for ethereals).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harisun View Post
    I actually wouldn't be surprised if we got a cinematic type thing at Blizzcon, for the next expac.

Didn't MoP get announced before Dragon Soul was released? Even in the MoP anmnoncment trailer; Thrall says something like "And now we must face the destroyer... with a new destiny on the horizon (Pandas)."
    Yep, that happened. I would love to see an ingame announcement trailer like we always do, but also get an actual cinematic like we did for Legion with the whole Gul'Dan and Illidan in Vault of the Wardens thing.

Also, Pandas are shitty until you realize they are BEARS.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Yep, that happened. I would love to see an ingame announcement trailer like we always do, but also get an actual cinematic like we did for Legion with the whole Gul'Dan and Illidan in Vault of the Wardens thing.

Also, Pandas are shitty until you realize they are BEARS.
    I enjoyed MoP and the Panda theme!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Still, that's different from other NPC races such as broken or vrykul.

Do void elves also have those? Because that would be a weird subrace (unless it was a codename for ethereals).
    Default class for Void Elf is mage and character selection background is Night Elf.