Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So Jaina's the key art for WoW this year's Blizzcon I see.

Kul'tiras hype?

Again I'm just hoping that it's South Seas as a whole and not another case of "historically tiny island is blown up into a whole continent."
    It would be a series of islands:

Balor
    Crestfall
    Kul Tiras
    Tol Barad
    Zul'Dare

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Pretty sure they still announced the name of the expansion right after they revealed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Could be Diablo 4 or a new Diablo 3 expansion as well. Or an Overwatch expansion. Or the WoW expansion. Or Starcraft 3. There are a bunch of options for them to make it the biggest Gamescom yet.
    If I'm not mistaken, they're working on Diablo IV or a Diablo MMO-RPG (at least, that's the belief on the DIII forums).

Pretty sure they still announced the name of the expansion right after they revealed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Could be Diablo 4 or a new Diablo 3 expansion as well. Or an Overwatch expansion. Or the WoW expansion. Or Starcraft 3. There are a bunch of options for them to make it the biggest Gamescom yet.
    Could be another small new game like Hearthstone.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    It would be a series of islands:

Balor
    Crestfall
    Kul Tiras
    Tol Barad
    Zul'Dare
    Still think this would a massive waste to burn N'zoth/Azshara on a bunch of unimportant islands and a tiny kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Still think this would a massive waste to burn N'zoth/Azshara on a bunch of unimportant islands and a tiny kingdom.
    And what gave you the impression that they would be dealt with in this expansion? If anything, they'll build-up the threat level over two to three expansions. After all, Blizzard is out to make money.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Kul Tiras would be the perfect time to introduce... wait for it... playable ogres!

Also, Kul Tiras would be the perfect time to introduce... wait for it... playable ogres!
    Why?

/10chars
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-08-05 at 08:37 AM.

Why?

/10chars
    Because its his wish... I hope neither ogres nor nagas become playable.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Deleted
    Copying this over from the other thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    In my view this almost confirms a rise of the Naga / South seas expansion.

Jaina is the new leader of Kul'tiras, and we now follow her as the key story driver in the South seas, much like we follow Khadgar as the main story driver of Legion.

I believe she won't be a boss or anything, but she will help the Alliance wade through the threats of the South seas, primarily Azshara and the old god Nzoth.

I think the horde will have a different character as their primary story driver, probably the Orc who built their shipyard during WoD or possibly sylvanis
    I would say it's very likely the next expansion has something to do with Jaina. Possibly being the main protagonist. But usually, the people featured in the art are the villains. So maybe this will be a faction thing with Sylvanas becoming a threat and Jaina will be the main protagonist, Alliance and Horde possibly working together to bring down yet another rogue warchief... or Jaina's the villain, and she goes off on her own and does some dangerous stuff, and we need to stop her. Possibly even with the help of Sylvanas, flipping things around this time. Making the Alliance character the bad girl and going against expectations. Writing about this, I think I would prefer that. I like Jaina, and I think she's been mishandled, but this does sound like something different for a change.

- - - Updated - - -

And what gave you the impression that they would be dealt with in this expansion? If anything, they'll build-up the threat level over two to three expansions. After all, Blizzard is out to make money.
    Azshara's been built up since before Vanilla, and N'zoth technically since Vanilla, because that's when the Nightmare thing started. But at the very least he was introduced as a character in Cataclysm. That's 4 expansions now.

Blizzard clearly isn't out to drag storylines on for the sake of releasing more expansions, or they would have split Legion into a broken isles expansion, emerald dream expansion, and Argus expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Blizzard clearly isn't out to drag storylines on for the sake of releasing more expansions, or they would have split Legion into a broken isles expansion, emerald dream expansion, and Argus expansion.
    Yeah, i'd expected them to do a planet hopping thing. Like how the allies attacked Japan in WW2. island to island until they got to the mainland. You could theoretically have a half dozen expansions liberating various legion worlds.

Deleted
    You can see that in the new art Jaina has Death Knight eyes. She's a servant of the Drakkari now. We'll be going back to Northrend in 8.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    You can see that in the new art Jaina has Death Knight eyes. She's a servant of the Drakkari now. We'll be going back to Northrend in 8.0.
    World of Warcraft - Drakuru is Backuru

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you do realize you posted an oxymoron right? the naga serve the old gods. you cant have a naga expansion without it being an old god expansion just like how cataclysm was an old god expansion despite us not fighting a single old god.

unless they have azshara betray nzoth the naga and the old gods are of the same allegiance
    They may be related, but there's a thematic difference between fighting "the old gods" and their direct minions and fighting Naga.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    World of Warcraft - Drakuru is Backuru
    Time to invade Gundrak and figure out what that giant snake is!
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Why?

/10chars
    Ogres were the maritime race for the Horde... duh!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post

I would say it's very likely the next expansion has something to do with Jaina. Possibly being the main protagonist. But usually, the people featured in the art are the villains
    Illidan (key art 2015) and Sylvanas (2016) wasnt villain... just main characters. But its interesting the idea Jaina will play the Khadgar role.

This open some questiones:
    - What happen to Dalaran and khadgar after Legion?
    - Alliance and Horde will be splitted with no NPC in the "neutral" role like Khadgar? In that case, who will play the role horde side, Thrall?

The fate of Dalaran/Khadgar is also something that we must consider...

After we seal the Burnign Legion on Argus what happen? Alleria and Turallion will remain on Argus or they came back on Azeroth? Khadgar will stay with his friends to fight against what remain of the burning legion on others planets?
    Dalaran will be move back on Northred, stay on Broken Shore or movend in his old original position?

Is quite impossible Khadgar will be not involved if we face another new enemy, but having Khadgar again and Dalaran again as main hub sound pretty boring but also, dont having a neutral main hub, sound weird too.

Will Dalaran neutralized/sealed in some way or we have to sacrifice our Artifacts for protect/seal Dalaran, maybe like an underwater Bubbled city?
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

So... is Hearthstone's new expansion a hint as to what's to come in WoW(I mean not literally; Jaina becoming a death knight - but that she will be focused on a lot)?
    Or did they just use her because she is the most known of all the heroes in HS, or because of her history with the former Lich King?

Any chance the next expansion will be about the South Seas and all that, but also dabble into the new Lich King/The Scourge?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Illidan (key art 2015) and Sylvanas (2016) wasnt villain... just main characters. But its interesting the idea Jaina will play the Khadgar role.

This open some questiones:
    - What happen to Dalaran and khadgar after Legion?
    - Alliance and Horde will be splitted with no NPC in the "neutral" role like Khadgar? In that case, who will play the role horde side, Thrall?

The fate of Dalaran/Khadgar is also something that we must consider...

After we seal the Burnign Legion on Argus what happen? Alleria and Turallion will remain on Argus or they came back on Azeroth? Khadgar will stay with his friends to fight against what remain of the burning legion on others planets?
    Dalaran will be move back on Northred, stay on Broken Shore or movend in his old original position?

Is quite impossible Khadgar will be not involved if we face another new enemy, but having Khadgar again and Dalaran again as main hub sound pretty boring but also, dont having a neutral main hub, sound weird too.

Will Dalaran neutralized/sealed in some way or we have to sacrifice our Artifacts for protect/seal Dalaran, maybe like an underwater Bubbled city?

It'll be Jaina vs Sylvanas. Khadgar could also be there, maybe trying to reason with a crazy Jaina. The players aid Jaina in her crazy plans, but we also talk to and help Khadgar trying to solve some problems Jaina creates :P
    Or he could go off on some x planet to sort things out, and then in a later expansion we aid him there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    It'll be Jaina vs Sylvanas.
    the battle of the waifus.
    in HD!

Formerly known as Arafal

We always expected that from legion. BC aside, it lasted 1.5 expansions with the first expansion not being marketed towards it :/

considering they've let Danath rot in that hell hole since TBC and they're bringing back Alleria and Turalyon only now, its not impossible to imagine that Khadgar will retire for some time after Legion.

edit: although they might have a kick at bringing back whole crew of Sons of Lothar, perhaps new faction? Not as you everyday holding hand loving dad, but minding their own business for a change? I'm kinda sick of Khadgar really. He is literally everywhere.
    Last edited by DelusionalBear; 2017-08-05 at 01:44 PM.

Deleted
    Illidan (key art 2015) and Sylvanas (2016) wasnt villain... just main characters.
    It wasn't even apparent to me at first that it was supposed to be Illidan, but Illidan was the villain in TBC.

2016 wasn't an expansion announcement so that is irrelevant. Also Sylvanas is built up to be a villain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DelusionalBear View Post
    considering they've let Danath rot in that hell hole since TBC and they're bringing back Alleria and Turalyon only now, its not impossible to imagine that Khadgar will retire for some time after Legion.

edit: although they might have a kick at bringing back whole crew of Sons of Lothar, perhaps new faction? Not as you everyday holding hand loving dad, but minding their own business for a change? I'm kinda sick of Khadgar really. He is literally everywhere.
    Khadgar probably deserves a retirement in terms of his involvement.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi