The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomaz View Post
    wait, tides of war could actually be a thing?
    Highly doubt it. Re-reading that leak it's very... disjointed. Like Cata-level disjointed.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    I can show you how it ends:

https://www.everquest.com/register

Not with a bang, but with a whimper.
    why why u hurt me so

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    sad thing is, after 15 years of playing warcraft, i just wanna know how it ends now.
    yeah, after 13 myself, i feel you...

Deleted
    blizz knows how to hype. reading the thread some whilem but now im leaving my treehouse. more than ever interesssted to find out whats next!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wramp View Post
    yeah, after 13 myself, i feel you...
    I don't think WoW will get a "conclusion" for a fair few more expansions at the very least. The main narrative can be stretched however long they want to, and even if and when they ever close the book on Void Lords, Old Gods or even the Horde-Alliance conflict, they can add and invent as many antagonists, threats and stories as they want to.

As long as it continues to be a gigantic cash-cow, why wouldn't they.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm wondering if instead of Order campaigns, there will be Race campaigns(Basically questline related to a specific race).

May split the content up just as much but not to the same degree. If that Lordaeron thing IS related to x7 it may be part of the human campaign.
    Depending on how they are implemented, race campaigns have the advantage of allowing you to do your allied races' story. As a human, you go to Khaz Modan and help the dwarves. Thus, content would be distributed between Alliance/Horde, instead of between 12 classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    sad thing is, after 15 years of playing warcraft, i just wanna know how it ends now.
    I've played this game for almost 60% of the time that I've been alive. I don't know how I'll be able to handle it emotionally when the last expansion rolls out and I realize there won't be another one. It might be easier to quit the game before the game quits on me, kind of in a "you can't fire me cus I quit" sort of sense.

But hopefully that's still 5-10 years away.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    I don't think WoW will get a "conclusion" for a fair few more expansions at the very least. The main narrative can be stretched however long they want to, and even if and when they ever close the book on Void Lords, Old Gods or even the Horde-Alliance conflict, they can add and invent as many antagonists, threats and stories as they want to.

As long as it continues to be a gigantic cash-cow, why wouldn't they.
    I wanna see the major storylines closed. That means, with the legion now done, im only looking for azshara and n'zoth.

What if they had the Lordaeron symbol in the shot on purpose knowing it'd get the speculation thread buzzing and then remove the video to make everyone tunnelvision on the facts that the symbol was there and the video was removed because of it because it has to be something significant then right?

But what if it's a red herring to guide us down a wrong path so that they can be all like "Jk bro! This is what's really happening! Didn't see that one coming did ya?!" at Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I've played this game for almost 60% of the time that I've been alive. I don't know how I'll be able to handle it emotionally when the last expansion rolls out and I realize there won't be another one. It might be easier to quit the game before the game quits on me, kind of in a "you can't fire me cus I quit" sort of sense.

But hopefully that's still 5-10 years away.
    Yeah, Im in the same position tbh. What im trying to saying is, blizz is holding me by the throat on this one. Blizz and wow on my life its the perfect analogy of an old god getting closer and closer and never letting go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phealin View Post
    What if they had the Lordaeron symbol in the shot on purpose knowing it'd get the speculation thread buzzing and then remove the video to make everyone tunnelvision on the facts that the symbol was there and the video was removed because of it because it has to be something significant then right?

But what if it's a red herring to guide us down a wrong path so that they can be all like "Jk bro! This is what's really happening! Didn't see that one coming did ya?!" at Blizzcon.
    It's a lot of effort to put into something to just be like "lol it's just a prank bro", but Blizzard has done some silly things in the past. Example: MoP
    Hey

I do think it’s for a revamped Ruins of Lordaeron Arena.

I would personally love to see a soft reboot of WoW.

I'm just not sure Blizzard would. They're still passionate about the game, sure. But I don't see them rebuilding the game from the ground up, and that might be what they need to stay relevant in the coming years.

MMOs as a whole aren't doing as well as they were back during Wrath/Cata. Recently we've seen a trend of really ambitious MMOs coming out with out-of-the-box features... and failing.

But it may only be a matter of time before one sticks. Blizzard revolutionized the MMO genre with WoW; I genuinely believe they could do it again if they put the time into it.

I'm just not sure they will.

I'm talking 5-10 years down the line though, when the MMO genre will have either had to adapt to newer markets will fall into complete obscurity. For the foreseeable future, they could get along just fine doing what they've been doing.

This isn't intended to sound like an "I hate WoW" post; it's the contrary. I love the game and have for years; I just see a lot of projects coming along with really ambitious ideas. When some of the technology available to these developers catches up to the ambition of their ideas, I feel like they may be able to give WoW a run for its money.

Although, that's also what people said about Warhammer, Rift, Aion, Guild Wars 2, Wildstar, ESO, and a ton of other games; so maybe they'll be fine long term.

TLDR: The MMO genre is going to need new breath of life in the coming years; if Blizzard isn't the one that supplies it, someone else will.
    Im personally looking foward for Ashes of Creation, it seens too good to be true yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phealin View Post
    It would be funny if the opening ceremony speech was riddled with puns making fun of all the speculation.

"I can feel the Tides of excitement coming from the crowd! I know you're all eager to see what Kul adventures await us in the next chapter, and I'm just as eager to Tel you Abim about that!"

Crowd: Is he having a stroke?

We know a few things:

Northern Lordaeron and Dragon Isles are both close enough to be considered Lordaeron territory;

Just curious, cos I see it mentioned so often - are Dragon Isles canon? I was under the impression they weren't but I may have missed something.

If Lordaeron is indeed the focus, though, there are probably enough 'lore' zones nearby (if not in Lordaeron proper) to support a continent's worth of material. Northern Lordaeron, the rest of Zul'Aman (Tor'Watha?), Kul Tiras, Crestfall, Zul'Dare, Balor, the Channel Islands. And whatever other surprise zones that were totally there the whole time, guys.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Honestly WC3 Remastered would make sense. Considering Starcraft Remastered went... okay? I think? And didn't they hire for a Warcraft HD project already?
    The main thing WC3 remaster and Lordaeron have in common is obviously Arthas/Lordaeron is the main playable human faction. And warcraft 3 has been an e-sport for a while.

Also I just found an old box for a MegaBloks WoW figure and that uses the same Circle, as well as Tradingcard game and WoW boxes.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    The main thing WC3 remaster and Lordaeron have in common is obviously Arthas/Lordaeron is the main playable human faction. And warcraft 3 has been an e-sport for a while.

Also I just found an old box for a MegaBloks WoW figure and that uses the same Circle, as well as Tradingcard game and WoW boxes.
    Yeah that circle is basically WoW's secondary symbol after the World of Warcraft logo.

It's actually the only part that never changes on the box.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

pbs.twimg. com/media/DNaNraAX0AEdw2E.jpg

NEW HEARTHSTONE REFERENCES TO #TEAMDAVYJONES HEEEEERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOO PREPARE THE SHIIIIIIIIIP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stephagoras View Post
    pbs.twimg. com/media/DNaNraAX0AEdw2E.jpg

NEW HEARTHSTONE REFERENCES TO #TEAMDAVYJONES HEEEEERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOO PREPARE THE SHIIIIIIIIIP
    RIP my dreams. Hearthstone gets a South Seas expansion before WoW?! This is outrageous.

What is this from though? And why is it in Spanish?

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    RIP my dreams. Hearthstone gets a South Seas expansion before WoW?! This is outrageous.
    No dude, they are just teasing what is coming, thats just a back for the cards, not an expansion.