Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    There's also crabs.
    Yep! And wasps, and horses. As for the frog, if you look at the features trailer you can see one briefly, and it has "real frog fingers". It's very tiny, on one of Kul'Tiras scenes, blink and you'll miss it hehe.

I am getting the feeling they intend to update all the models and stuff now then maybe 'Reimagine' Kalimdor and EK for the next expac or something. Before we even heard about the models I got that vibe. The use of the WoD Rustic Assets for Ally and Horde Buildings in BFA makes me hope for it even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I am getting the feeling they intend to update all the models and stuff now then maybe 'Reimagine' Kalimdor and EK for the next expac or something. Before we even heard about the models I got that vibe. The use of the WoD Rustic Assets for Ally and Horde Buildings in BFA makes me hope for it even more.
    Same, especially with models like wendigos which don't seem to appear in BfA, but I refuse to let myself hoping for a world revamp again. Each time I'm too disappointed!

A step by step process would probably be the way to go, instead of doing Cata all over again. I also want to see new liquid animations.

7+ Year Old Account
    If something was done in good in WoD, that's all the art/design stuff. So I don't mind them reusing those assets.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Yep! And wasps, and horses. As for the frog, if you look at the features trailer you can see one briefly, and it has "real frog fingers". It's very tiny, on one of Kul'Tiras scenes, blink and you'll miss it hehe.
    Truth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    nice! i hope they improve the leveling experience because we can boost the allied races but we will get the heritage armor ONLY if we do the normal leveling!
    Which means six more alts if you want to get all of them.

If you want all of them the quickest is to Use the 100 level boost on one character and make a demon hunter belonging to the other fanction. That will let you unlock all the allied races relatively quickly. Then it is grind time from 20 to 120.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The thing is, they were trying really hard to make an excuse for not revamping the world in Blizzcon, even though they were asked about it repeatedly, using the same rehearsed excuse (you need to know the origins of your story). If they really had a world revamp planned, why not just say that they are considering it but could not get it done for BfA? It would generate hype and it would not tie them in for anything in 9.0 either.
    Because then people would say that the future revamp they are working on cost us new features in BfA. (A rehearsed answer for me makes it seem more like they are working on it but don't want to announce it)

Yeah if I did it, I'd have a small team doing story blocks one at a time and would try to create storylines that are expansion agnostic as possible. But I honestly don't see them having any plans for a revamp at this point.
    Exactly how I see this. Making the questlines zone-related exclusively and not important in the timeline. Put all access to previous content in caverns of time exclusive missions and voilà, you fixed everything!

I honestly don't get how they managed to make Mac'aree look so boring when they had access to that awesome artwork
    I know right? It's so... flat. Literally and figuratively.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    From this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-models-in-BfA

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedShirtGuy
    Listing this here so I don't forget any details.

All old creature models that have been updated (that I found so far)

-Tarantulas
    -Frogs
    -House cats
    -Northrend spiders
    -Earth Revenants
    -Wind serpents
    -Thunder lizards
    -Dimetrodons
    -Pigs (two different models, one for creatures one for mini pets)
    -Pet turtles
    -Hyenas
    -Buzzards
    -Marmots

That's very cool, I love when they update critters, small mobs and stuff like that. I hope gnolls are next!
    They're very slowly updating the Old World graphically through this.

Now they just need to update all the tree models in the game. Please?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

Haha, yeah. Elwynn trees are atrocious compared to trees in MoP and beyond.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Haha, yeah. Elwynn trees are atrocious compared to trees in MoP and beyond.
    That weird thing they did in making Vanilla flight-enabled where they basically put a flat green foliage layer on top of trees looks dated. Like more dated than anything else in the game.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    This. The one thing that could create the most significant improvement in the old world is to replace the old tree models with new ones. I mean I understand that trees are actually models in the editor right? Could you actually replace the files of the old ones and just change them all over the world instantly?
    I doubt it, the extra detail might make EK servers possibly crash. That's my assumption anyways.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Omg YES! The worst are the trees in Moonglade and Un'Goro!

One of the things I really like in the art presentation was how they were making the Kul'tiras guards varied in how they look and act. Now, I realize that Art is very time consuming, but Blizzard has had a bad habit of just copy-pasting the same looking stuff/mobs all over a specific area or most of the area of a zone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Plus, you know that if they were redoing the zones, this time you'd want them to sculpt the terrain nearly from scratch. The "mountains" of classic WoW are as complex as the ones I was making with the map editor in Age of Empires ffs.
    They said how when redoing vanilla -> Cata those mountains were the one of the biggest issues, since they needed to completely remodel that terrain. Would be interesting if they remade everything from scratch and removed some of the mountains/make the zones flow together better like Elwynn -> Westfall -> Duskwood. (keep some where it goes with the zone theme.

They can update all of the unimportant stuff when they're done with Worgen and Goblin models. It's ridiculous that they are delayed by more than 4 years now.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    One of the things I really like in the art presentation was how they were making the Kul'tiras guards varied in how they look and act. Now, I realize that Art is very time consuming, but Blizzard has had a bad habit of just copy-pasting the same looking stuff/mobs all over part or all of their zones.
    That's the thing, like those royal guard or elite guard dudes, I'd be ok with them if say Anduin had an elite Guard standing near him. That's fine to use those animations.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh is that a concern? Is it possible that they cannot do a revamp because the continents are too large for them to have them at higher fidelity?
    Don't think that would be too big of a problem (as long as there isn't too much detail in the zones closes to you)