10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Could be that he's a placeholder for someone the devs didn't want us seeing yet. (Katherine?)
    That would be interesting. I wonder.
    Hey

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obbsy View Post
    I think it'd be someone with a little more influence. Someone on the inside. I think that'd be the most devastating.
    The Twilight Father kind of fit this in a way. Too bad they fucked everything up with him. If it's somebody on the inside, I hope they handle their character better this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    I have some questions...

Why are the Horde and Alliance at war again since they just stopped the Burning Legion?
    The Burning Legion's defeat doesn't make old wounds heal, in fact, it made them fester.

So why did the Horde burn down the Night ones home? Was is confirmed to be part of corruption or Sylvanas wanted to do it to piss people off?
    No one knows why, but she did burn it down before the battle for lordaeron. (confirmed from blizzard dev https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wo...s/1100-6454665)

How will this war the two factions are having affect Azeroth? Will Azeroth finally be wounded for so long and is this Azerite really worth something?
    Is it a resource to collect for the benefit of both factions? If more of the blood of Azeroth floods out, does this mean she is dieing?
    Azeroth is bleeding to death, azerite is her crystalline blood. We don't know everything yet, but it is extremely valuable and we are fighting over it as well, not specifically for azerite though just another reason for the war.

I am not dumb, just want to know a few things...
    Also would Ogres be consiered a Allied Race or a Main Race like the Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, Forsaken, Blood Elves, Goblins, and Pandaren have already?
    Main race, they are unique enough.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have some questions...

Why are the Horde and Alliance at war again since they just stopped the Burning Legion?

So why did the Horde burn down the Night ones home? Was is confirmed to be part of corruption or Sylvanas wanted to do it to piss people off?

How will this war the two factions are having affect Azeroth? Will Azeroth finally be wounded for so long and is this Azerite really worth something?
    Is it a resource to collect for the benefit of both factions? If more of the blood of Azeroth floods out, does this mean she is dieing?

I am not dumb, just want to know a few things...
    Also would Ogres be consiered a Allied Race or a Main Race like the Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, Forsaken, Blood Elves, Goblins, and Pandaren have already?
    Honestly I really like the idea that this was all a setup by the Twilight's Hammer to revive N'Zoth.

===PERSONAL SPECULATION FOLLOWS===

Like they infiltrated the Desolate Council and when Sylvanas decided to attack the Night Elves (which would then bait the Alliance into a war to justify her attack on Stormwind) the Desolate Council used the shard of Sargeras' Sword to set fire to Teldrassil. Given Sylvanas was currently attacking the Night Elves, the blame naturally landed 100% in her lap, which leads to the Alliance saying "okay enough is enough" and attacking Lordaeron. With the continents painted red/blue, the Twilight's Hammer was then able to filter both factions into Zandalar and Kul'tiras, where they can then set about their work of using our war to revive N'Zoth.

Anyway as for the Azerite thing. We have no idea because Blizz hasn't told us enough about this beyond "it's crystalized blood of Azeroth."

And Ogres would be an Allied Race. I'm guessing going forward every new race will be Allied. The revelation that in fact Allied Races have custom emotes, voices, customization, etc, etc more or less confirmed Allied Race is a fancy term for New Race.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I really like the idea that this was all a setup by the Twilight's Hammer to revive N'Zoth.

Like they infiltrated the Desolate Council and when Sylvanas decided to attack the Night Elves (which would then bait the Alliance into a war to justify her attack on Stormwind) the Desolate Council used the shard of Sargeras' Sword to set fire to Teldrassil. Given Sylvanas was currently attacking the Night Elves, the blame naturally landed 100% in her lap, which leads to the Alliance saying "okay enough is enough" and attacking Lordaeron. With the continents painted red/blue, the Twilight's Hammer was then able to filter both factions into Zandalar and Kul'tiras, where they can then set about their work of using our war to revive N'Zoth.

Anyway as for the Azerite thing. We have no idea because Blizz hasn't told us enough about this beyond "it's crystalized blood of Azeroth."

And Ogres would be an Allied Race. I'm guessing going forward every new race will be Allied. The revelation that in fact Allied Races have custom emotes, voices, customization, etc, etc more or less confirmed Allied Race is a fancy term for New Race.
    Saronite was Yogg Saron's blood and it drove people insane. I'm thinking Azerite might do something similar.
    Hey

Saronite was Yogg Saron's blood and it drove people insane. I'm thinking Azerite might do something similar.
    Yogg Saron was/is an Old God, Azeroth is an un-hatched Titan. Azerite could drive people insane, but the correlation isn’t the same, so who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so. Ilygnoth says a few things that make me think Azeroth is either already dead or already corrupted.

"The king of diamonds has been made a pawn."
    Implies that Magni is being manipulated. Considering he's the one who gives us the heart of Azeroth and sends us off to go empower it with Azerite, this makes me think that this is exactly what the old gods want.

"Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it."
    This is what really makes me think there's something messed up going on here. We're given the Heart of Azeroth.

Idk. Just seems interesting to me. Maybe I should find my tinfoil hat.
    Last edited by Ursiel; 2017-11-06 at 04:30 AM.
    Hey

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    The Burning Legion's defeat doesn't make old wounds heal, in fact, it made them fester.

No one knows why, but she did burn it down before the battle for lordaeron. (confirmed from blizzard dev https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wo...s/1100-6454665)

Azeroth is bleeding to death, azerite is her crystalline blood. We don't know everything yet, but it is extremely valuable and we are fighting over it as well, not specifically for azerite though just another reason for the war.

Main race, they are unique enough.
    Yeah so pretty much...Faction Conflict once again...>_>;

Ok...

Yes...I knew that, but is Azeroth dieing? I know Sargeras stabbed her, but will she heal? Like that or is Azeroth desinted to sink into chaos with it slowly dieing off like Draenor did with the fel?

Yeah...would make sense for them to be a Main Race.
    Allied Races are probably a special way to make sub-races a actual thing in WoW.
    Battle for Azeroth would make the perfect expansion too, to add Ogres as a playable race. I'm just saying...<3

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I thought the same...
    A rag tag group of them could've gone into hiding within Undercity and told Sylvanas some things about doing this and that.
    Would kinda remind me of the whole scene in which the King guy in Lord of the Rings was being controlled by Sauraman, while that slimeball guy was providing info to the white wizard.

And yeah...While the two factions are fighting over one another like two kids on Christmas being angry at one another, Azeroth will probably hate it.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draedarr View Post
    More or less using existing ones as a base for what i could understand, but they are still working on them to make them diverse.
    The ones that were shown on the floor were incomplete versions.
    So they take existing models. Touch them up a bit texture wise, and rig them with the closest already existing player skeleton. Then they redo all the animations for the new race. Some that make sense to be reused like dwarves and tauren might share some, but Nightborne will have mostly new animations.

Q: "I feel like the Horde and the Alliance have actually been getting closer and closer together, but Battle for Azeroth pushes the two sides apart again. It's really focusing on that original faction experience. But what was the impetus to separate the two again?"

A: "As they have been historically right? They'll come together, they'll fight a common foe, and then their rift will form. And this is a pretty big rift that occurred during Legion. It was kind of an uncomfortable alliance between the Alliance and Horde to defeat a common foe, the Legion. But now that the Legion is defeated--spoilers but I think everyone knows that at some point we're going to end the expansion--things happen that left scars between the two sides. And then things happen in the opening of Battle for Azeroth that cement it. Some of the imagery that you'll see is the scene is with Sylvanas standing in front Teldrassil on fire. Then with the opening cinematic, that event was right before the Alliance finally says, "Okay, we've had it" before they assault Lordaeron. So some pretty heavy stuff is going to happen between them. And we just felt like this would be a really cool time to go back into that age old battle between Alliance and Horde."

Not sure if this was answered before but I found this fellas, seems to clarify the question we had which came first.

Source: https://www.gamespot.com/amp-article.../1100-6454665/

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is dying. IM sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just made a thread on general discussion about this, but I am a lot more confident in an august/september 8.0 release than before after reading it:

Can you discuss in a little more detail recent performance, and trends you are seeing across World of Warcraft and Hearthstone; and how you are thinking about the pace of investments for these franchises going forward?

Morhaime: So we continue to be very happy with both of those. With the strength of both of those franchises; and I would tell you on the World of Warcraft side, we are investing more than ever.

The team has been hard at work delivering on our commitment to the community to deliver more content, more consistently between expansions, that has been going really well. Since Legion was launched in August of last year, we have added multiple content updates, and the updates have been really well received by the community.

We have seen engagement up versus last year, when you look at time spent per player, and also frequency of play.

Did we gather anything new or fancy from on of the interviews? I still can't really keep track of all of them, despite the doc file. Feels like they are popping up left and right

7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know how long the these wow books are? going to pick up before the storm
    #TeamSylvanas

do any of you have an idea how warzones work? I copied my thoughts from another thread:

Seing that map in the blizzcon clips turning blue and red makes me think that you absolutely see which territory (Horde / Alliance) you are in each zone / in the open world. A phasing thing perhaps? I have no idea.

About the number of Warfronts: to me it sounded like just one on both sides, but the more I think about it, the more this sounds not true at all. We've heard of city sieges and the fact that one bastion on each side remeins enemy inhabitated (Silvermoon & Exodar, which probably means that those get a rework).

What I also don't understand: do the Undead keep their Tirisfal Glades as 1-10 zone and vice versa the Nightelves Darnassus? It seems no, because Blizzard told us, that Each faction has their own continent now until lv.120. Then you can quest / fight (in Warfronts only?) on the other continent as well. Tirisfall would then be another Warzone?! And what's with the zones between Stromgarde and Silvermoon? It wouldn't make sense that Silverpine Forest keeps it's Sylvanas related storyline since it's not the Hordes continent anymore. Do they all turn to Warzones, right from the beginning lv.1?
    any ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptoriana View Post
    Anyone know how long the these wow books are? going to pick up before the storm
    Probably like the other thick hardcovers...
    The paper version will be the same too.

Also too what do you want for the in-game goodies for Battle for Azeroth?
    Like the Blizzard game goods you can get while buying the special game.
    For the Horde!

7+ Year Old Account
    Probably like the other thick hardcovers...
    The paper version will be the same too.

Also too what do you want for the in-game goodies for Battle for Azeroth?
    Like the Blizzard game goods you can get while buying the special game.
    Hm good question, Be cool if we could get a replic Bow of Sylvs like Gul Dan. But reality im not sure what id want

i know not a companion. A murloc mount would be cool
    #TeamSylvanas

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    do any of you have an idea how warzones work? I copied my thoughts from another thread:

any ideas?
    Several things:

Teldrassil and Tirisfal Glades are here to stay for player below lvl 110. So if you create a new Forsaken post BfA launch, he will still be questing in Tirisfal Glades. Those changes are only visible through phasing at lvl 110+.

Also, while EK is majorly controlled by Alliance, the Horde still has Silvermoon City on that continent. And if I understand that correctly, the Blood Elves are also the major military force trying to take back the Undercity, which would make sense, I guess.

As for Kalimdor and Exodar - No idea, to be honest. Maybe the Draenei will try to secure the northern Night Elve zones (Ashenvale, Auberdine, etc.).

So far we only know of one Warfront, which is going to be the battle for Stromgarde in Arathi Highlands. But I'm fairly confident we'll get at least one other Warfront on Kalimdor. They are also nothing you quest or level in, these are mostly max Level PvE content.

Your lvl 110 - 120 expierencie will be mostly on Kul'Tiras/Zandalar, depending on your faction.

Okay so. Ilygnoth says a few things that make me think Azeroth is either already dead or already corrupted.

"The king of diamonds has been made a pawn."
    Implies that Magni is being manipulated. Considering he's the one who gives us the heart of Azeroth and sends us off to go empower it with Azerite, this makes me think that this is exactly what the old gods want.

"Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it."
    This is what really makes me think there's something messed up going on here. We're given the Heart of Azeroth.

Idk. Just seems interesting to me. Maybe I should find my tinfoil hat.
    We literally learned from the pre-7.3 scenario that Azeroth is fine and not really corrupted, just having some nightmares.

Doubt the sword killed it, especially when pulling out Y'shaarj didn't kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    No, I'm saying I can't find any evidence it was in this thread, and I think it probably was not. You say "I'm not looking back to find it", well, that's fine, but do you even know what was in it? If you give me a few keywords that were DEFINITELY in it, I can probably find it, can't I? But people just keep making and random and contradictory claims about what was in it, and the only consistent claim is that there were shards of Gorribal involved, except AFAICT, the word gorribal wasn't actually used, because otherwise I'd have found it already.

So some keywords definitely in it? Right now I think 90% of people talking about it haven't actually seen it and are just repeating, Chinese-whispers-style, shit they heard someone else claim about it.
    Don't know if it was posted yet but this was the leak, way before Blizzcon:

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post