Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    what, im not talking about animations, just saying they need to update the model of normal trolls cause they are ugly as hell, and the zandalari have a way better and pretty model/texture
    Well we're not here to talk about your opinion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Well we're not here to talk about your opinion.
    troll models being bad is not a opinion

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineluki View Post
    No offense, but what do you base that on? I havent watched any videos of peeps playing the demo or anything from blizz con but I highly doubt that they were allowed to play through all the zones. So how do you know the zones are nearly done art wise? Wishful thinking? Q4 of 2018 for BFA falls inline with pretty much every expac for WoW.
    By that logic art wise legion only had Mardum done for the blizzcon demo 2015 and they still had a summer release.

Legion didn't get its first playable zone on Alpha until early 2016, and the alpha launched at the end of november 2015
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a pretty safe assumption that the zones aren't completely done, but they never are fully completed when they show them at Blizzcon. With that being said, this is the first time they've showed every zone to this extent during an expansion announcement. Most announcements are spent showing plans for an expansion and snippets of what's to come, this time they showed more than they told. Battle for Azeroth is definitely more complete than some of you think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    I wonder if Death Knights will get any repercussions for their actions during Legion. Or if it will at least be acknowledged.
    Especially Horde Death Knights would be in a bad place, and not really make sense to be given the agency and responsibility of becoming a major Horde military commander and ambassador to Zandalar again.

Raised Nazgrim, Saurfang and the orcs should hate them.
    Snatched away Koltira from UC, Sylvanas hates them.
    Killed Galen Trollbane. Even if he was planning to betray Sylvanas, the power vacuum upon his death allowed the Alliance to just roll in and rebuild Stromgarde.
    They're "even" with the Silver Hand as per the Retribution hidden appearance quest, but still, attacking them did nothing for their trustworthiness. Not on best terms with Liadrin to say the least.

I like the way they took with DK's in Legion but it'll be weird if they just put that whole thing with them, their ruthlessness and Bolvar on hold in BfA because Order Halls get retired.

Maybe they are working on every features at once instead of focusing on one and moving on to the next.

Probably the reason they shown more content but nothing is really polished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineluki View Post
    No offense, but what do you base that on? I havent watched any videos of peeps playing the demo or anything from blizz con but I highly doubt that they were allowed to play through all the zones. So how do you know the zones are nearly done art wise? Wishful thinking? Q4 of 2018 for BFA falls inline with pretty much every expac for WoW.
    No it doesn't. Even an early October release would be on the high side. I believe most expansions average around 23.5 months. October would be 26 months, November 27 and December 28 months. July or August makes much more sense. The 2 zones playable at blizzcon plus 2 dungeons is more than any past expansion playable. Legion only had half a demon hunter zone. They are done enough to launch an early beta at this point zone wise. Systems might be a different story, but im 100% sure they could launch beta right now with 1 zone and 1 dungeon, and then another zone and dungeon 3 weeks later, and have yet another zone by early next year ready. If they launch past August I seriously have to question what the fuck that used all that time on. It certainly isn't more content. Im pretty happy with the expansion but they arent adding enough to justify more than 24 months from legion launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    By that logic art wise legion only had Mardum done for the blizzcon demo 2015 and they still had a summer release.

Legion didn't get its first playable zone on Alpha until early 2016, and the alpha launched at the end of november 2015
    Exactly. i honestly think if they scrapped islands and warfronts they could launch very early Q2. Like April or May.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    I wonder if Death Knights will get any repercussions for their actions during Legion. Or if it will at least be acknowledged.
    Especially Horde Death Knights would be in a bad place, and not really make sense to be given the agency and responsibility of becoming a major Horde military commander and ambassador to Zandalar again.

Raised Nazgrim, Saurfang and the orcs should hate them.
    Snatched away Koltira from UC, Sylvanas hates them.
    Killed Galen Trollbane. Even if he was planning to betray Sylvanas, the power vacuum upon his death allowed the Alliance to just roll in and rebuild Stromgarde.
    They're "even" with the Silver Hand as per the Retribution hidden appearance quest, but still, attacking them did nothing for their trustworthiness. Not on best terms with Liadrin to say the least.

I like the way they took with DK's in Legion but it'll be weird if they just put that whole thing with them, their ruthlessness and Bolvar on hold in BfA because Order Halls get retired.
    Orcs won't necessarily hate them for raising Nazgrim. He was a beloved and mighty warrior of the Horde, now he gets to fight for it again.

Koltira - yeah, Sylvanas probably wasn't happy with that, I agree.

Galen - Sylvanas tends to find out about finer details, so if he was a traitor she won't shed any tears.

I hope they give us a story (either in the Legion final patch, the pre-exp experience, or in BFA proper) of how each Order Hall splits. DKs quarreling over their decisions, questioning their loyalties. Warlocks (Zinnin comimg to blows with Jubeka, Kanrethad aiding him to get back against her, Ritsinn and Shinfel joining the fray), paladins becoming bitter, with humans and dwarves and draenei questioning whether it's honorable for Horde paladins to follow a leader like Sylvanas. And so on and so forth. Doesn't need to be much, just a short single-shot final Order Campaign.

Otherwise it's feel very artificial: we have an Order, click, now it's gone.
    Last edited by mmoc4588e6de4f; 2017-11-12 at 08:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    It's a pretty safe assumption that the zones aren't completely done, but they never are fully completed when they show them at Blizzcon. With that being said, this is the first time they've showed every zone to this extent during an expansion announcement. Most announcements are spent showing plans for an expansion and snippets of what's to come, this time they showed more than they told. Battle for Azeroth is definitely more complete than some of you think it is.
    And they just used general terms like beta early next year and release in 2018 as to not cause any screw ups like in the past. Even a February beta with 5 months is still July release date and 5 months is pretty standard. Hell, a 7 month beta is only September. Anyone thinking Q4 inst using their brains. They are have been burned by blizzard too many times and are unnecessarily pessimistic. Understandable, but I think we have enough information to rule out a Q4 release.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Orcs won't necessarily hate them for raising Nazgrim. He was a beloved and mighty warrior of the Horde, now he gets to fight for it again.

Koltira - yeah, Sylvanas probably wasn't happy with that, I agree.

Galen - Sylvanas tends to find out about finer details, so if he was a traitor she won't shed any tears.

I hope they give us a story (either in the Legion final patch, the pre-exp experience, or in BFA proper) of how each Order Hall splits. DKs quarreling over their decisions, questioning their loyalties. Warlocks (Zinnin comimg to blows with Jubeka, Kanrethad aiding him to get back against her, Ritsinn and Shinfel joining the fray), paladins becoming bitter, with humans and dwarves and draenei questioning whether it's honorable for Horde paladins to follow a leader like Sylvanas. And so on and so forth. Doesn't need to be much, just a short single-shot final Order Campaign.

Otherwise it's feel very artificial: we have an Order, click, now it's gone.
    Orcs find necromancy repulsive
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no they said on twitter regular trolls could do so as well
    Citation needed?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Orcs find necromancy repulsive
    So it's not like they would have any love for DKs to begin with. But orcs are also pragmatic and warlike, there is nothing better to convince them to tolerate things they otherwise wouldn't than a badass character kicking ass. Which Nazgrim is.

5+ Year Old Account
    oks i have been at supanova brisbane all weekend have i missed anything big or cool while i was dressed as a hug the the reaper ?

- - - Updated - - -

i am going to bed but i leave you with this model viewer image from wowhead a lightforged Dran in current tier gear
    do not annoy the dragon for you are small crunchy and good with sauce

Quote Originally Posted by Obbsy View Post
    Six races with their own animations and racials accompanied by a quest chain to unlock them. Blizzard sure is lazy.
    Yes, in actuality, they are. Stop giving them credit for introducing racial variety to a game when they're behind-the-times on its introduction.

I have a hard time criticizing them for racial diversity because even though they don’t have a ton, the entirety of art in WoW not only looks great but all the animations look perfect. (And I assume these are done by the same team). I’ve never heard someone complain that when they are fighting any mob that the animations feel low quality. Everything just flows so perfectly and that is something that cannot be underestimated in importance.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Yes, in actuality, they are. Stop giving them credit for introducing racial variety to a game when they're behind-the-times on its introduction.
    Riiight ppl are magically lazy because you say they are
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

I will take my subraces over new races Any day of the fucking week, aside questlines to unlock sub races >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> questlines that are 1-20 for new races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    You are so entitled.
    Hey

They said that we'd get introduced to void elves in 7.3.5 didn't they? Can't wait, hope they create something cool with them.