Quote Originally Posted by Draedarr View Post
    And considering the way the Night Elves treated them, i don't think they would've go either
    The night elf actually treated them better than they deserved considering what they did in WotA.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I feel like I'm going to be using that gif a lot over the next 3 years.
    Do wipe it off first, though, I've been using it a lot over the last 3 years.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the post was disappointing AF.
    "In-depth preview" which is recap of what little we know already

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    The night elf actually treated them better than they deserved considering what they did in WotA.
    Again, the citizens of Suramar knew Azshara was betraying them to the Legion, and were part of the resistance, even if they were Highborne. They raised the shield because it was assumed the collapse of the Well of Eternity would destroy the whole world.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Again, the citizens of Suramar knew Azshara was betraying them to the Legion, and were part of the resistance, even if they were Highborne. They raised the shield because it was assumed the collapse of the Well of Eternity would destroy the whole world.
    No... They raised the shield because they had no intention to help while the youngs like Malfurion, Tyrande, Illidan, Jarod, etc went to fight risking their own lives. Quite embarassing really. They basically were cowards. They only got rid of the portal in their area because they knew it would directly affect them.

You should check out the chronicle vol.1. Wowpedia is not a good source for detailed information.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-11-27 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I really wonder, does posting useless news pieces that just repeat known information really help with ad income?
    I really wonder, does announcing an expansion with nearly nothing in terms of features really help with hype / subs?

Because it sure doesn't seem so. That is, perhaps someone who watched Blizzcon liked the A vs H conflict or got the wrong impression that they are doing something big with PVP or whatever and decided to maybe come to the game for BFA for that reason, but it certainly looks that these cases are rare and for every one of them there are several players who felt let down.

The story of BFA:

...and what's most important is that it isn't just Blizzcon.

This GIF above includes those allied races that some are so eagerly awaiting, that new BG that apparently will be just a preview for now whatever that means and that single warfront.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: It's a pity there is no spoiler tag to put the image under.

But they did choose to be beholden to the politics of foreign powers. They could have stayed neutral. But they chose to align with the Horde which means they will be providing military aid to the Horde against the Alliance. Ergo, nuke their tree and watch them cry over it. I made that damn plant, I can set it on fire!
    cause of the position of Broken Isle they can't be neutral. they are in the middle between of 2 continents! best base for naval forces! i can just applaud to our (Horde luck) that NE was too arrogant to swallow their pride and became true allies with NB, instead just tolerating their pressence, while Liadrin saw them suffering same fate as her people (BE), and really befriended with their kind. Bravo Liadrin (even if i am orc i can sertanly aknowledge her efforts)

ed: oh and let's not forget all NE thing like "MAGIC IS EVIL! IT WILL DESTROY OUR WORLD! BANISH ARCANE USERS FROM OUR RANKS!!!"

But they did choose to be beholden to the politics of foreign powers. They could have stayed neutral. But they chose to align with the Horde which means they will be providing military aid to the Horde against the Alliance. Ergo, nuke their tree and watch them cry over it. I made that damn plant, I can set it on fire!
    if you are going to roleplay faction loyalty for the fun of it and put on this pretend persona you could roleplay as someone not so homicidal and hypocritical.

just a suggestion
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

I for one am very excited.

I really wonder, does posting useless news pieces that just repeat known information really help with ad income?
    ??? what kind of question is this

How is this useless?

They literally posted everything known.

Perhaps you are confusing MMO champion for "a website dedicated to catering to the whims of the few weirdos who obsess over a video game and want to know the newest information no matter how trivial regardless of who knows it"

Like hey believe it or not people who actually have lives and dont spend all day in a topic discussing hearsay trying to use the last 8 years of warcraft to predict stuff we will find out in less than a month, come to this site for information.

This isnt YOUR website. a Summary of the information we know is useful.

if you dont like it...get over it?
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    No... They raised the shield because they had no intention to help while the youngs like Malfurion, Tyrande, Illidan, Jarod, etc went to fight risking their own lives. Quite embarassing really. They basically were cowards. They only got rid of the portal in their area because they knew it would directly affect them.

You should check out the chronicle vol.1. Wowpedia is not a good source for detailed information.
    Gilneas did the same.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    They literally posted everything known. ... a Summary of the information we know is useful.
    It's not MMO-C's fault there is nothing to post, that's correct.

It's been like that for quite some time already, by the way. Why the heck does anyone think we now have regular columns for "This Week in WoW History" both here and on Wowhead? Why the heck do all WoW news sites are so eager to repost what Ghostcrawler (who hasn't been working on WoW for what, 5 years now?) had to say about this or that WoW feature or about the past? It all comes from the exact same thing - WoW stopped producing news in quality + quantity we had before.

Really, they can BS their shareholders and fanboys however much they want with their graphs measuring things like total time spent by players in game for the first month of Legion compared to the tenth month of WoD. They can withhold the important numbers like sub counts however much they want. But they can only fake the reality so far, it just seeps from everywhere. The game is boring. People are leaving. Those who aren't leaving just yet are feeling apathetic. A ton of them will turn to alts after defeating the last boss in Antorus and quite a few will leave shortly after. The prospects for BFA are grim. Watch the news for the number of copies sold in the first day / week, by the way, there might well be no such news shared for BFA and if that happens, it would mean that even Blizzard couldn't find an angle to spin it. Blizzard are concentrating all their efforts on putting gobs of lipstick onto a few of their remaining features. Their budget for new features is a fraction of what it was before, it's basically lip service now. (For BFA: Islands with AI which might or might not be done well and without which islands are just another throwaway take on instances, just with one instance that tries to randomize itself. And one warfront, which is LFR for 20. Woohoo.) And sure, this all reflects in no interesting news to report.

*That's* why we have summaries of what everyone already knows that aren't interesting to read, and reposts of GC tweets, and retrospective posts which are just space fillers. That's why this thread had to live on six tiny bits of news prior to Blizzcon with a signal to noise ratio of like 0.5%. The reason is the new, mediocre Blizzard.

---
    And yeah, this won't change with the beta. Do you remember endless dev blogs on garrison this and garrison that during WoD beta with basically nothing else until that garrison BS started to go out of everyone's ears? It's going to be something like that for BFA, too, just about allied races / new artifact / those islands. You got a taste of it with that session on Blizzcon where they spent 90% of the time stating and restating that islands are the place where we are going to mine azerite, prepare for that session the size of the beta. Sure, there will be *some* news, but just count how many times each small bit will be repeated over and over because there's just very few of them.
    Last edited by rda; 2017-11-27 at 12:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe ... in my dreams ... allied races will be up Tuesday/Wednesday after Antorus

Quote Originally Posted by Leksa View Post
    Maybe ... in my dreams ... allied races will be up Tuesday/Wednesday after Antorus
    Let's play a devil's advocate.

Suppose they will be available.

This would mean no involved quest lines for making friends with these allied races after 110, because we aren't going past 110 just yet. OK.

Do you want those quest lines before 110? I suppose so, but this doesn't matter because you likely won't get them, or at least you won't get the involved ones - just an "ok, we are now friends, you can roll our race" with maybe "before we are friends, please kill 1000 elites on Argus" before it (which I am not sure you will like).

So we are talking solely about new models and about unlocking these new models via some primitive means like get exalted + do a primitive quest.

That's what you want? I mean, yes, anything is better than nothing, but it's so little...

Seriously, the whole meaning of allied races for me is in the quest lines, which we are absolutely not getting any time soon. I realize you might want something else and that's OK, it is just striking how low the plank now is.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I get that a lot of people are unhappy to see a race they befriended join the other side. I am seeing a lot of:
    "I befriended <Insert Allied Race Here> and now they are joining <Insert Faction Here>!? That isn't my faction! Traitors!"

That's just not the case, though. The Highmountain, Nightborne and Lightforged Draenei did get on good terms with you. But you weren't there, representing the Horde or Alliance. You were there as the head of a specifically Neutral organization. Half the people you commanded during Legion were of the opposite faction. They didn't befriend your faction through you. They befriended your Class Order. Your influence on their faction choice is neutral. At most you showed them both sides have worthy champions.

In WoD we were Generals. I'm betting in Battle for Azeroth, we're drawn back into our factions as Generals of Horde and Alliance once more. Then, you're representing your side again. Our role in Legion wasn't to promote sides. In fact, the factions weren't getting shit done, and our role was to bring people of all factions together.

So no. These are all factions looking to get a position of strength and safety on Azeroth. That involves choosing a side. And that involves considerations we've not had significant effect on in Legion. So I don't consider this a betrayal.
    You are absolutely right.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    You are absolutely right.
    (Of course, he is not in that he misses the deciding thing: I did something for your race, my enemy did something for your race, you chose to align with my enemy, that spits on whatever I did for you and yes, that's you betraying me. Your race should have stayed neutral. If you were just dying to align with my enemy and you also wanted to keep good relations with me, the part of you that wanted to align with my enemy should have split off from you becoming "non-representatives of your race" which you suggest I was. Because, no, I was not a "non-representative", I do care about my faction and I was helping you meaning to get your respect not just to myself but to my faction as well. And you accepted that help.)

Quote Originally Posted by Selky View Post
    I'm still so angry about the Nightborne. If they go Horde then Thalyssra better be attackable so we can get revenge on that traitorous crack-ho.
    light draenei, alleria void way

Quote Originally Posted by Selky View Post
    I'm still so angry about the Nightborne. If they go Horde then Thalyssra better be attackable so we can get revenge on that traitorous crack-ho.
    It's kind of a done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    (Of course, he is not in that he misses the deciding thing: I did something for your race, my enemy did something for your race, you chose to align with my enemy, that spits on whatever I did for you and yes, that's you betraying me. Your race should have stayed neutral. If you were just dying to align with my enemy and you also wanted to keep good relations with me, the part of you that wanted to align with my enemy should have split off from you becoming "non-representatives of your race" which you suggest I was. Because, no, I was not a "non-representative", I do care about my faction and I was helping you meaning to get your respect not just to myself but to my faction as well. And you accepted that help.)
    headcanon =/= actual canon
    You saying "I do care about my faction and I was helping you meaning to get your respect not just to myself but to my faction as well" is meaningless to the story and the portrayal of events actually happening in game. The game doesn't know what your personal narratives are.
    The fact is you were the leader of a neutral order in legion, and you represented that order along with all races from both factions. Regardless of what you think, your leadership was portrayed in game as neutral, not faction oriented. Your actions in legion were made as a representative of a neutral organization and had nothing to do with your faction.

Like if I'm left-wing and decide to help an old lady cross the street, and then goes on to speak to other right-wingers and becomes a right-winger, that is not a betrayal of what I did for her. My well intentioned action to take her across the street was not political nor did it imply a political allegiance.

If you want to RP it as any other way, be my guest, but don't whine and complain when that was not the way the story was presented to begin with.
    Last edited by Hugnomo; 2017-11-27 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    headcanon =/= actual canon
    You saying "I do care about my faction and I was helping you meaning to get your respect not just to myself but to my faction as well" is meaningless to the story and the portrayal of events actually happening in game. The game doesn't know what your personal narratives are.
    The fact is you were the leader of an neutral order in legion, and you represented that order along with all races from both factions. Regardless of what you think, your leadership was portrayed in game as neutral, not faction oriented. Your actions in legion were made as a representative of a neutral organization and had nothing to do with your faction.

Like if I'm left-wing and decide to help an old lady across the street, and then goes on to speak to other right-wingers and becomes a right-winger, that is not a betrayal of what I did for her. My well intentioned action to take her across the street was not political nor did it imply a political allegiance.

If you want to RP it as any other way, be my guest, but don't whine and complain when that was not the way the story was presented to begin with.
    That's not headcanon, that's common sense.

If you proudly declare that you are left-wing left and right - which all players do regarding their factions all the time because they wear faction-specific items and constantly have their faction in their mind when weighing what to do - and the old lady that you helped across the street then suddenly says "all left-wing guys are nuts, screw them, I am going right-wing", you have all reasons to be at least somewhat offended. I mean, maybe you will help her again, but that will be despite her rudeness.

The key question is - do the allied factions understand that you are from A / H when you are helping them. The answer to that is - yes, they do. The end. Then they are betraying you when they choose to align with the other faction. They don't respect you enough to stay neutral and they choose to confront you in what must be a serious deal - faction conflict.