Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    We should speculate on the zones/areas:

Alliance Capital: Boralus
    Horde Capital: Remnants of a Horde City from the Second War
    whatever this new expansion will be, I'm pretty sure that we're getting Dalaran again for both factions.

So, you're in favor of a WoD scenario with each faction receiving separate starting zones? I can't see how Kul Tiras would be big enough for that option.
    In my ideal world, the expansion is half overground and half underground, as we secure the starting island, gain footholds, deal with pirates and the Horde go back to Kezan... and then we push against Old God bullshit and try to follow their own tunnels to take down the source of the corruption.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by DelusionalBear View Post
    whatever this new expansion will be, I'm pretty sure that we're getting Dalaran again for both factions.
    The only one thing I can say I am fully convinced of is this not being the case. Not only have we already have it twice, but we will be just coming back from 2 years of dalaran.

We should speculate on the zones/areas:

Alliance Capital: Boralus
    Horde Capital: Remnants of a Horde City from the Second War

Zone: Crestfall
    Zone: Tol Barad (the PvP area from Cataclysm will be retconned to some extent)
    Zone: Zul'Dare
    Zone: Kul Tiras (I would presume that this area will be split into three sub-zones)
    Zone: Unknown Island (the island on the southern areas of the "revealed" map)
    Zone: Channel Islands
    This is exactly how I'd like it to go. At this point I just want to see new faction capitals that are heavily faction-oriented.

Quote Originally Posted by DelusionalBear View Post
    As lazy as Blizzard is they're giving us Shattrath 2.0 as another flying city in the upcoming expansion. I mean, why finally create a new capital city (the last one we've got was Dalaran in WotLK) when you can recycle the old ones?

10+ Year Old Account
    In any case, would we prefer an expansion in which we have a 'continent' so to say (Kul'Tiras alone?) or an amount of different islands scattered across the South Seas? I'm in for the latter.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    In any case, would we prefer an expansion in which we have a 'continent' so to say (Kul'Tiras alone?) or an amount of different islands scattered across the South Seas? I'm in for the latter.
    I'd love to have some kind of "The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker" style of exploration. That would be awesome.

I truly hope thats not the case. There's good enough cities on a purported South Seas expansion, to give us yet another serving of Dalaran. Let's just say no to more recycled content.

Huge no to water affiliated expacs and underwhelming villains compared to previous expac ones
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Not only have we already have it twice, but we will be just coming back from 2 years of dalaran.
    and how is that a bad thing? I mean Dalaran is Dalaran. Its purpose is strictly utilitarian. Think about it, we've got Dalaran back in WotLK, since then its been our usual capital cities in Cataclysm, nearly identical hubs in Pandaria, which in turn was just an iteration on mogu architecture, and then again in WoD we've got Ashran/Garrison architecture. Clearly they don't care about making completely new capital cities. Its a waste of development time and frankly gets old really quick. So it might as well be Dalaran again Maybe it won't, but personally I don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I'd love to have some kind of "The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker" style of exploration. That would be awesome.
    Yea, I need an expansion with a lot of exploration.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    Huge no to water affiliated expacs and underwhelming villains compared to previous expac ones
    I disagree. I find Queen Azshara, to be one of the most fascinating characters in all of WoW Lore. I have been waiting for years for the chance to continue her story.

We should speculate on the zones/areas
    Alright let me sum it up.

• Kul Tiras (110-112): Alliance starts off in Kul Tiras as the once proud city-nation is assaulted by the Naga under Azshara's command! Take up arms and join King Tandred Proudmoore, save him from a vile assassination plot orchestrated by his former enemies, as you gather resources and manpower for your new ship where you will start ruling the Great Sea.
    • Darkspear Islands (110-112): Horde starts off in the Darkspear Islands, once home of the Darkspear trolls, now an island ravaged by the Spitescale naga and their newly crowned Sea Witch. Reclaim the former village of the Darkspear tribe and calm the disrupted loa spirits of First Home as you gather resources and manpower for your new ship where you will start ruling the Great Sea.
    • Dragon Isles (Scaled to your level): The island chain were not seen since the War of the Ancients, when it was sealed by the dragon aspects together with non-before-seen titan knowledge. With Sargeras' defeat, the seal that hides the islands are now broken but to unlock the secrets of finding endrance to N'zoth's domain you must undergo the trials of the dragonflight and fight off the guardians tasked to defend the isles by the aspects, now corrupted by none other than void.
    • Zandalar (Scaled to your level): Dark times fall on Zandalari. Prophet Zul recently made a pact with Queen Azshara and his master, who granted him and his followers unlimited power in exchange of their will. King Rastakhan of Zandalar outlawed Zul, threatening to execute him if he continued to dishonor the old ways of Zandalari. A major civil war has begun on the island, and King Rastakhan asks aid from the heroes of Azeroth, and an "old friend"...
    • Kezan (scaled to your level): Goblins of Bilgewater Cartel, led by their trade prince, returned home only to find out that the island is completely devastated and Undermine is heavily damaged. Goblins who want to rebuild their home and Gnomes who seek to have the riches and knowledge hidden in the island for themselves openly start a major war with each other. Though they are not alone and share a common enemy...
    • Plunder Isle (scaled to your level): An island with outlaws and pirates, Plunder Isle is a hub for every pirate on the Great Seas, especially the Bloodsail as their word is law here. Can you best these criminals and declare yourself the King or Queen of the Seas and Isles?
    • Nazjatar (120+ | 8.2): Queen Azshara raised her city from the seafloor, and has troubled Azeroth long enough. It's time to strike the domain of the Naga and end her reign of terror once and for all.
    • Ny'alotha (120+ | 8.3): Assault the heart and realm of the old gods and defeat N'zoth once and for all! Travel to the dreaded city of the Old Gods and show-off against... what? Reanimated C'Thun, Y'shaarj and Yogg'saron?! And the wicked Queen Xal'atath, Hand of N'zoth?!
    • Great Sea (All levels): Once you build your ship and assemble your crew, The Great Sea will be yours to claim. Fight enemy factions' ships, assault pirates for their valuables, disrupt trade routes, find secrets and many many more!
    • Islands of the Great Sea (All levels): The Great Sea is full of precious booty. And you captain, and your crew shall pursue it. Traverse the seas of Azeroth, unlock the secrets hidden on the undiscovered islands. Succesfully pass the dungeons and obstacles. Their prizes will be waiting for you. And the islands will be yours to claim.

But it didn't show us Farahlon nor a second expansion on an ogre continent.
    Thank god it didn't. I'd rather forget WoD and all the alternative universe BS it brought than stick there for a second expansion.
    Last edited by My User Name; 2017-07-08 at 03:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post

• Kul Tiras (110-112): Alliance starts off in Kul Tiras as the once proud city-nation is assaulted by the Naga under Azshara's command! Take up arms and join King Tandred Proudmoore, save him from a vile assassination plot orchestrated by his former enemies, as you gather resources and manpower for your new ship where you will start ruling the Great Sea.
    • Darkspear Islands (110-112): Horde starts off in the Darkspear Islands, once home of the Darkspear trolls, now an island ravaged by the Spitescale naga and their newly crowned Sea Witch. Reclaim the former village of the Darkspear tribe and calm the disrupted loa spirits of First Home as you gather resources and manpower for your new ship where you will start ruling the Great Sea.
    • Dragon Isles (Scaled to your level): The island chain were not seen since the War of the Ancients, when it was sealed by the dragon aspects together with non-before-seen titan knowledge. With Sargeras' defeat, the seal that hides the islands are now broken but to unlock the secrets of finding endrance to N'zoth's domain you must undergo the trials of the dragonflight and fight off the guardians tasked to defend the isles by the aspects, now corrupted by none other than void.
    • Zandalar (Scaled to your level): Dark times fall on Zandalari. Prophet Zul recently made a pact with Queen Azshara and his master, who granted him and his followers unlimited power in exchange of their will. King Rastakhan of Zandalar outlawed Zul, threatening to execute him if he continued to dishonor the old ways of Zandalari. A major civil war has begun on the island, and King Rastakhan asks aid from the heroes of Azeroth, and an "old friend"...
    • Kezan (scaled to your level): Goblins of Bilgewater Cartel, led by their trade prince, returned home only to find out that the island is completely devastated and Undermine is heavily damaged. Goblins who want to rebuild their home and Gnomes who seek to have the riches and knowledge hidden in the island for themselves openly start a major war with each other. Though they are not alone and share a common enemy...
    • Plunder Isle (scaled to your level): An island with outlaws and pirates, Plunder Isle is a hub for every pirate on the Great Seas, especially the Bloodsail as their word is law here. Can you best these criminals and declare yourself the King or Queen of the Seas and Isles?
    • Nazjatar (120+ | 8.2): Queen Azshara raised her city from the seafloor, and has troubled Azeroth long enough. It's time to strike the domain of the Naga and end her reign of terror once and for all.
    • Ny'alotha (120+ | 8.3): Assault the heart and realm of the old gods and defeat N'zoth once and for all! Travel to the dreaded city of the Old Gods and show-off against... what? Reanimated C'Thun, Y'shaarj and Yogg'saron?! And the wicked Queen Xal'atath, Hand of N'zoth?!
    • Great Sea (All levels): Once you build your ship and assemble your crew, The Great Sea will be yours to claim. Fight enemy factions' ships, assault pirates for their valuables, disrupt trade routes, find secrets and many many more!
    • Islands of the Great Sea (All levels): The Great Sea is full of precious booty. And you captain, and your crew shall pursue it. Traverse the seas of Azeroth, unlock the secrets hidden on the undiscovered islands. Succesfully pass the dungeons and obstacles. Their prizes will be waiting for you. And the islands will be yours to claim.
    Gotta admit, I'd love an expansion like that. Very nicely done!

Only thing I'd add is a part where the Goblins get rid of Gallywix as their leader, and make Gazlowe or Mida as the new Bildgewater trade prince(ss).
    Last edited by Teriz; 2017-07-08 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    In my ideal world, the expansion is half overground and half underground, as we secure the starting island, gain footholds, deal with pirates and the Horde go back to Kezan... and then we push against Old God bullshit and try to follow their own tunnels to take down the source of the corruption.
    Kezan - like Zandalar - will get the Broken Isles treatment, and at some point, it'll be featured as its own expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    They'll never do another "Cataclysm" scenario in which the zones are spread out around the world. This was, without question, one of their main "issues" with that expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    You don't "know" anything though. I'm confirming what I DO know. Half of the shit here is not true.
    Then i'm afraid that confirms you don't really know much at all. But, in the case it is true, i thank you for trying.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-07-08 at 04:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll never do another "Cataclysm" scenario in which the zones are spread out around the world. This was, without question, one of their main "issues" with that expansion.
    I think a bigger problem was the resources they put into the old World(It was needed but it didn't pan out well) left the rest of game with not much.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post

Thank god it didn't. I'd rather forget WoD and all the alternative universe BS it brought than stick there for a second expansion.
    We're not getting a South Seas expansion; we're getting a retconned Kul Tiras that's coupled with the surrounding isles of Baradin Bay. Also, Zandalar and Kezan are too important to merely be "zones" in an expansion (they'll be featured in their own expansion settings).

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think a bigger problem was the resources they put into the old World(It was needed but it didn't pan out well) left the rest of game with not much.
    That's a nonsensical cop-out by the community to justify their disdain for the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    "Her heart is a crater, we have filled it"

could this mean

Un'goro Crater literally being flooded in the scenario? Plus argus may have an effect on it.

Plus the kul'tiras evidence is overwhelming PLUS 7.3 has a lot of void based stuff.

I think it's safe to say 8.0 will have south sea/void theme
    Probably not, they just didn't care for it, focus is on Silithus and AQ in that scenario.

That's a nonsensical cop-out by the community to justify their disdain for the expansion.
    Nah, even they said it themselves.
    Crimea is Ukraine!