10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    https://youtu.be/-PNvji4iqh0?t=9m10s

Antorus is the last LARGE raid of Legion (TBD f there will be more)
    He literally said "he don't think so" when Panser asked about an OS kind of raid.
    They have already planned the content drops all the way to 9.0, so I wouldn't expect it.

They kind of moved away from that and instead started to tie in the next expansion with the pre-patch instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Small raids are a waste after the conclusion imo, he indicates more story, which would mean something akin to 7.1. That seems very likely, like quests that takes us back to Azeroth along with the army of the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    At least they aren't trying to do yearly expansions. That should never have been a thing.
    Completely agree with you, this was silly beyond measure.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    He literally said "he don't think so" when Panser asked about an OS kind of raid.
    They have already planned the content drops all the way to 9.0, so I wouldn't expect it.

They kind of moved away from that and instead started to tie in the next expansion with the pre-patch instead.
    Seemed to me more like "If the drought gets too lengthy we can easily reuse existing assets and zones to do a small patch" (small raid+quests maybe)

And it is not true that they have patches lined up till the end of the next expansion, since we can see that they changed their mind for Legion patches during the beta (Thal'Dranath)

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    I hope there will be transcription of that, not enough will power to watch it.
    I'm watching it, for now nothing new in it, I'll tell you if anything seems interesting. He's just repeating features of 7.3 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Seemed to me more like "If the drought gets too lengthy we can easily reuse existing assets and zones to do a small patch" (small raid+quests maybe)

And it is not true that they have patches lined up till the end of the next expansion, since we can see that they changed their mind for Legion patches during the beta (Thal'Dranath)
    It's their game... They can change their minds whenever and however they like.

Abilities, places, ideas even.

The fact that they removed something in testing before putting it on live servers does not mean they don't have a layout for the next two expansions...

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Blizzard has always invariably taken around 11+ months to release an expac after initial announcement. Problem with an announcement at Blizzcon is that you are looking at a Nov-Dec 2018 release which means a very long Argus patch, unless they break the chain and actually release an expac 5-6 months after initial announcment (never happened in 10 yrs of wow expac).

Which is why we were looking for a gamescom announcement since it would mean more of a Aug-Sept 2018 release rather than a Nov-Dec release.
    Not nescesarily. They could have waited until Blizzcon to announce Legion, and it would have come out at the same time. They could just hold it off this time, thus allowing for less time between the announcement and release.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Completely agree with you, this was silly beyond measure.
    I mean after failing to do so for a decade it was no surprise they dropped their plans on that.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    If the game is way more advanced than others games when they were announced, it could. I'm not saying it is happening, but it could happen.
    I meant marketing reasons not game developing.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    I meant marketing reasons not game developing.
    Again I don't agree. Other franchises announce their expansions/games closer to heir release date than Blizz does, and it works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I mean after failing to do so for a decade it was no surprise they dropped their plans on that.
    Haha it's true they've been mentioning that crappy idea for ages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    November +9 months = mid Jule. Not happening.
    A summe release is never gonna happen. No matter the time between announcement and release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightGamer View Post
    I can't believe there is not a single leak yet, I remember one expansion, some one took a picture of a part of banner or something like that (was at blizzcon if i remember exactly), and everybody started speculating on a REAL clue, but now, nothing
    Because at gamescon is nothing hinting at next xpac. wait till around end of oct/ start of november

10+ Year Old Account
    If the game is way more advanced than others games when they were announced, it could. I'm not saying it is happening, but it could happen.
    Dude - this has never happened for any WoW expac so far. They have never done a 9 month release. The fastest was MOP which was also 11 months.
    If they can break the cycle - good for them. But don't get your hopes up. Because you are just setting yourself up for massive disappointment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Dude - this has never happened for any WoW expac so far. They have never done a 9 month release. The fastest was MOP which was also 11 months.
    If they can break the cycle - good for them. But don't get your hopes up. Because you are just setting yourself up for massive disappointment.
    I'm not getting my hopes up at all haha, I literally said "I'm not saying it's happening, but it could", which means I don't believe it will happen but we shouldn't dismiss it as impossible because Blizzard has never done it before. They might finally change the way they do things, or not, I'm just saying that anything is possible as long as we don't have an official date. And I agree with the point Feali made a few posts up, I don't think Blizzard will ever release an expansion pack in the very middle of summer (July). That's why I think they chose to announce it at Blizzcon, to continue the 12 months cycle, and release their expansion in November 2018 (as they did before for WotLK and WoD). But again, we can't know anything for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    A summe release is never gonna happen. No matter the time between announcement and release.
    It's in the realm of possibility as it always is.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Yea because summer is dead season.

gamescon will talk about the 7.3 features and I think it will leak what will happen once we get back to Azeroth with a cinematic.
    I think that 7.3 will be out on november, and 7.3.5 on december. It will last 9 months (to august) until the pre-8.0.1 patch. And 8.0.1 will be released on september.

It's in the realm of possibility as it always is.
    It is but it's very, very, very unlikely. We had this discussion back in 2015 when people were absolutely sure Legion would release in Summer or earlier because "there is no chance Blizzard is giving us 12 months of Hellfire Citadel". Guess what, they were wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It is but it's very, very, very unlikely. We had this discussion back in 2015 when people were absolutely sure Legion would release in Summer or earlier because "there is no chance Blizzard is giving us 12 months of Hellfire Citadel". Guess what, they were wrong.
    I know, I was leaving it in the realm of possibility since it's still up to debate. Unlike the gamescon expansion reveal.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I know, I was leaving it in the realm of possibility since it's still up to debate. Unlike the gamescon expansion reveal.
    Hahaha.