Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    But mind that it does not necessarily have to be South Seas centered. If it's finally an Azshara expac, it can perfectly comprise Maelstrom + South Seas + Kul'Tiras.
    Yes, it's likely that such an expansion will include Kul Tiras, the naga, and N'zoth, but the idea that we're going to island hop around the Great Sea and/or South Sea is nothing more than fan-fic/headcanon. Zandalar and Kezan are too important to be relegated to minor zones, and as it relates to WoW, the "current" scale of the area doesn't matter, e.g. see the lore behind Stanglethorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    And this is your opinion, wrong, but still your opinion.
    I wish I would be wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Yes, it's likely that such an expansion will include Kul Tiras, the naga, and N'zoth, but the idea that we're going to island hop around the Great Sea and/or South Sea is nothing more than fan-fic/headcanon. Zandalar and Kezan are too important to be relegated to minor zones, and as it relates to WoW, the "current" scale of the area doesn't matter, e.g. see the lore behind Stanglethorn.
    What reasoning is it fanfic/headcanon? You can't just say it and leave it at that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean why not, we got the big legion xpac, so let's go for azshara next.

Then we'll get all the "WELL NOW THAT LEGION AND AZSHARA IS TAKEN CARE OF GUESS WOWS OVER RIGHT?!" threads.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Some of y'all continue to post nonsensical claptrap, and the idea that Blizzard is going to give us the entirety of the South Seas (Kul Tiras isn't in the South Seas nor is it near it) in a single expansion is wishful thinking. Until something else shows up, the upcoming expansion will be centered around Kul Tiras, Baradin Bay, and the Channel Isles.
    It's possible, but on Chronicle map (which was created to sort out Warcraft lore) Kul Tiras is very small isle. Biggest island that left, Zandalar still have olny around 25% size of Broken Isles. I think they would make it appear bigger on map if this would serve as expansion continent in the future.

Azeroth map from Chronicle: http://i.imgur.com/4oQoylR.jpg- Kul Tiras is isle under Tol Barad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I mean why not, we got the big legion xpac, so let's go for azshara next.

Then we'll get all the "WELL NOW THAT LEGION AND AZSHARA IS TAKEN CARE OF GUESS WOWS OVER RIGHT?!" threads.
    Haha we're definitely going to get this kind of threads if it happens. But hopefully Blizzard still has a lot of stories to tell, potentially the other side of Azeroth, other planets, a Void-expansion. I'm optimistic, WoW will still be around for a longtime!

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It's possible, but on Chronicle map (which was created to sort out Warcraft lore) Kul Tiras is very small isle. Biggest island that left, Zandalar still have olny around 25% size of Broken Isles. I think they would make it appear bigger on map if this would serve as expansion continent in the future.

Azeroth map from Chronicle: http://i.imgur.com/4oQoylR.jpg- Kul Tiras is isle under Tol Barad.
    I've pointed that out to him earlier already, but keeps on insisting that a south seas expansion pack is "nonsensical claptrap" because the islands can't be linked together, which is a problem a boat/portal/loading screen could easily fix but anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MindCookie View Post
    Haha we're definitely going to get this kind of threads if it happens. But hopefully Blizzard still has a lot of stories to tell, potentially the other side of Azeroth, other planets, a Void-expansion. I'm optimistic, WoW will still be around for a longtime!
    Well yeah of course. WoW doesn't have to end just because the big story villains are dead. Look at Mists of Pandaria. Garrosh was establishing himself as a villain to the point we needed to stop him. Before that we were dealing with new threats which had some old lore related to them. Thunder King, Mogu, Mantid and Sha for example.

10+ Year Old Account

Just a small detail I'm concerned about:

The size of the Broken Isles is approximately half of Pandaria, and like 1/4 of Northrend, yet still all of them have had an expansion in that territory. So... is size relative?

Also... didn't Kezan (including Undermine) and the Lost Isles collapse because of the volcanic eruptions?
    Last edited by Azalar; 2017-07-09 at 07:24 PM.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well yeah of course. WoW doesn't have to end just because the big story villains are dead. Look at Mists of Pandaria. Garrosh was establishing himself as a villain to the point we needed to stop him. Before that we were dealing with new threats which had some old lore related to them. Thunder King, Mogu, Mantid and Sha for example.
    Exactly! There is still so much to explore and so many possibilities for the story to evolve.

The size of the Broken Isles is approximately half of Pandaria, and like 1/4 of Northrend, yet still all of them have had an expansion in that territory. So... is size relative?

Also... didn't Kezan (including Undermine) and the Lost Isles collapse because of the volcanic eruptions?
    In the case of the Broken Isles, it definitely is relative, and they were detailed in a bigger scale than previous zones. The same could be done for next expansion packs, but I don't think so. Again, I could be wrong.

As for Kezan and the Lost Isles, the eruption of Kezan's volcano should have destroyed the whole harbour but not the whole of Undermine. And concerning the Lost Isles, it probably just kept erupting without completely destroying the island.

This map represents Azeroth after the Sundering though, not the Shattering !

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    The word you're looking for might be shriek?
    Yes! Thank you

You shouldn't call it "nonsensical claptrap" because it doesn't make sense to you. It makes perfect sense to me and to others, especially IF Kul'Tiras has moved (as stated during Cataclysm) further south. I really don't see why you're stuck on the idea that a South Seas expansion with disconnected islands isn't possible. Is it because we can't swim from one island to another? Because we can't fly from one to the other? Well, I've got a solution for you: transport ships and a loading screen. Kaboom, problem solved, we have an expansion of disconnected yet deconnected zones which all share the same Naval/Exotic/Maritime theme and are yet different enough to serve the purpose of an expansion.

Again, really, I can't say for sure it's gonna happen or not gonna happen, but you ruling it out straight away and calling it nonsensical claptrap is condescending and biased. It could work, same goes for your "Baradin Bay" expansion if Blizzard decides to diversify and retcon the whole zone. We know nothing FOR SURE at the moment.
    Because Blizzard has already stated that they'll never do another non-contiguous expansion again (Chilton and Ion have both mentioned this on numerous occasions). Furthermore, Kul Tiras is - within the lore - a part of the Eastern Kingdoms (the Cataclysm nonsense about it shifting out to sea was pure deflection to account for Vashj'ir being in its place), and your suggestion that it shifted/migrated thousands of miles to the southwest is - without question - some of the most nonsensical crap that I've ever heard. Do you have any hints that we're doing anything other than Kul Tiras? No... well... in that case, thanks for playing!

So, lets take a recap:

a) The Chronicles have Kul Tiras situated outside of Baradin Bay.
    b) The Cataclysm deflection for Kul Tiras was that it was shifted out to sea to make way for Vashj'ir.
    c) Tol Barad - a part of Kul Tiras - is off the coast of Gilneas.
    d) At the moment, the only hints that we have are: a) a data mined set that includes a map of Kul Tiras coupled with barnacles, tentacles/waves, and a Kul Tiras label that mirrors previous expansion hints, b) Tirasian items from the Legion database of item drops, and c) Tirasian marines in Azsuna, etc.
    e) The Naga attacking Azsuna.
    f) A random troll in Azsuna from Zandalar (who could have been on his way to Zul'Dare or Zul'Drak).

Now, out of that, you're convinced that the island shifted out to the South Seas, that we're getting Zandalar and Kezan (two areas that are too important to be relegated to minor zones), another disjointed expansion centered around portals, pirates, the Naga Empire, the Black Empire, N'zoth, Nazjatar, etc. Yes, at this point, it's safe to say that the proposed suggestions from some of the posters are tantamount to nonsensical claptrap. Anything else?
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2017-07-09 at 07:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Lost Isles had a volcanic erruption but I do not recall that it sunk because of it. Kezan I think is still around it's just the area near the water or what not got destroyed.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    What reasoning is it fanfic/headcanon? You can't just say it and leave it at that.
    Because the entire South Seas premise that they're going off of has always been fan-fic/headcanon. What's there to discuss?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly! There is still so much to explore and so many possibilities for the story to evolve.

In the case of the Broken Isles, it definitely is relative, and they were detailed in a bigger scale than previous zones. The same could be done for next expansion packs, but I don't think so. Again, I could be wrong.

As for Kezan and the Lost Isles, the eruption of Kezan's volcano should have destroyed the whole harbour but not the whole of Undermine. And concerning the Lost Isles, it probably just kept erupting without completely destroying the island.

This map represents Azeroth after the Sundering though, not the Shattering !
    Which were non existent prior to MOP as there are no records of Mogu and Mantids. The only time we learn more about them and their presence was the time we encountered them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Now, out of that, you're convinced that the island shifted out to the South Seas, that we're getting Zandalar and Kezan (two areas that are too important to be relegated to minor zones), another disjointed expansion centered around portals, pirates, the Naga Empire, the Black Empire, N'zoth, Nazjatar, etc. Yes, at this point, it's safe to say that the proposed suggestions from some of the posters are tantamount to nonsensical claptrap. Anything else?
    like Argus was so important who should have his own expansion, make no sense putting in a patch content?

Scale doesn't matter, and the maps can be updated (as they are after every expansion).

Deleted
    South seas, if an expansion at all, seems like a last resort expansion. They'll probably mash nzoth, aszhara and the void Lords together with some pirates. Pretty lackluster if you ask me after we kill Sargeras and free the pantheon and Shit. Literally the only thing left Lorewise is this. And from the mined conversations the void is gonna be in legion aswell.

That said all the signs are there. I mentioned it like half a year ago, the ridiculous amount of underwater mounts obtainable in legion atm when there's nowhere to use them. I figured they would make it into a patch instead. Which is still an option as they also did that for Argus.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2017-07-09 at 07:34 PM.

The Lost Isles and Kezan are still on the Maelstrom map.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Lost Isles had a volcanic erruption but I do not recall that it sunk because of it. Kezan I think is still around it's just the area near the water or what not got destroyed.
    In any case, doesn't a volcanic eruption involve earthquakes? Undermine was a subterranean city in Kezan, so it would seem likely that Undermine would have fallen because of the tremors.

Anyway, even NPCs are unsure about the status of Undermine, some say it's ok, some say it's not. According to Wowpedia Blizz said during 2010's BlizzCon that the Goblins would eventually go back to Kezan to reclaim it, so...

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    like Argus was so important who should have his own expansion, make no sense putting in a patch content?
    Who argued for Argus to be an expansion? Generally speaking, the consensus around the Lore forums has been that we would always get 1-2 areas to visit a/k/a the Firelands option.