10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Highmountain IMO was the worst zone to look at honestly. Stormheim was right behind HM though.
    Highmountain was nothing great but didn't bother me. The bungee jumping in Stormheim however really got on my nerves after a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i like it because was not a elf zone, like i said i hate elves in general, so im ok with the gigantic vikings
    Fair enough. What I didn't like about that is probably the "Northrend but south" kind of feeling, especially with Ymiron Skovald pledging his allegiance to the Scourge Legion in order to be some mega powerful king. I also found the part with all the storm dragons and damn hills pretty annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Stormheim and Highmountain are now - in retrospective - pretty awful zones. Both have a great story but how those zones were built is super annoying and tiresome. Now with flying they're no problem at all but without flying they've been a chore and I really disliked questing there. Aszuna and Valsharah are much better in that regard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Stormheim and Highmountain are now - in retrospective - pretty awful zones. Both have a great story but how those zones were built is super annoying and tiresome. Now with flying they're no problem at all but without flying they've been a chore and I really disliked questing there. Aszuna and Valsharah are much better in that regard.
    I think they were designed in order to give DH the true feeling of masters of movements. I main DH this expact and Highmountain and Stormheim were pretty great zones to play in. All my guildies just bitched about those and i was teasing them at how easy it was to move around.

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Trust me, you are wrong.

Obj Legion is far by now one of the best xpac we got, if you dont like it, it is a matter of subjective taste.
    Nice to see that someone likes Legion so much. For me legion is at bottom three.

Ok so it is pretty clear Kul'Tiras is actually nowhere near the South Seas, obviously they could have any plot device move things around but let's stick to Occams Razor for now.

We could have Kul'Tiras as a sort of base island and then we boat/travel to the other set of islands out on the south seas.
    Kul'Tiras is actually some 7.3.5 story or something not an xpac at all.

It's just I guess hard to summarize much from Kul'Tiras alone right, if its on Eastern Kingdoms and at the moment in the lore a bit south of Tol Barad? Seems like an odd spot to do much from and i don't think quite big enough to be its own main content.

Would be fun if Jaina did something crazy to Kul'Tiras or whatever to set the story but it's impossible to guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    My take is that Kul Thiras would be the main island with the city being our main hub. Other zones would be some new "underwater" zone and Nazjatar's zone.
    As for the "south sea" zone, maybe they'd introduce them as content patch like Broken Shore / Thunder Island.
    Zandalar i guess isn't too far from Kul Tiras either since it moved "out at sea" somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    Ok so it is pretty clear Kul'Tiras is actually nowhere near the South Seas, obviously they could have any plot device move things around but let's stick to Occams Razor for now.

We could have Kul'Tiras as a sort of base island and then we boat/travel to the other set of islands out on the south seas.
    Kul'Tiras is actually some 7.3.5 story or something not an xpac at all.

It's just I guess hard to summarize much from Kul'Tiras alone right, if its on Eastern Kingdoms and at the moment in the lore a bit south of Tol Barad? Seems like an odd spot to do much from and i don't think quite big enough to be its own main content.

Would be fun if Jaina did something crazy to Kul'Tiras or whatever to set the story but it's impossible to guess.
    TO BE FAIR: They wrote a loophole into Cataclysm that says the island floated away. It could be anywhere. However, I think it is just going to be Kul'tiras and maybe Zul'dare, if it happens at all. The homeland of a seafaring kingdom is quite a unique setting in WoW and quite honestly other than Kezan, Booty Bay, maybe Aszuna, and Vashjir I don't think we have seen anything remotely like it in the game. It would be easy enough for them to make Kul'tiras itself the base content and move outward from there. That and the fact that the map on the armor is much bigger than the old version of Kul'tiras leads me to believe that, if this isn't a red herring, which I don't believe it is, its going to only take place on Kul'tiras and patches will take place below or around it.

Edit: Unique Story Idea. Something at the end of Legion with the Horde, more specifically Sylvanas sets off Jaina and Genn into a raging fit. Expansion opens for the Alliance trying to get to Jaina on Kul'tiras to stop her from doing something dumb ala Tides of War. Horde comes in to try and kill them. Sets the stage for a MoP-like-lite experience and also opens the door for future story telling in other areas.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2017-07-10 at 03:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    In the case of the Broken Isles, it definitely is relative, and they were detailed in a bigger scale than previous zones. The same could be done for next expansion packs, but I don't think so. Again, I could be wrong.
    The Broken Isles is tiny and feels tiny, though. It's just a crowded, inauthentic amusement park.

Yea I guess that gives them a reasonable amount of area to place Kul'Tiras (floating away though, really? I hope they explain it a bit better than that). But based on the maps i've seen it seems still too distant from places like Zandalar to be linked properly (tho sure not impossible).

But yeah fair points @Paula Deen just am very keen to see how they design it all since it seems they have a lot of freedom to explain whatever they want to do theres nothing really established since they wrote out what was established before.

Yea I guess that gives them a reasonable amount of area to place Kul'Tiras (floating away though, really? I hope they explain it a bit better than that). But based on the maps i've seen it seems still too distant from places like Zandalar to be linked properly (tho sure not impossible).

But yeah fair points @Paula Deen just am very keen to see how they design it all since it seems they have a lot of freedom to explain whatever they want to do theres nothing really established since they wrote out what was established before.
    They said, something alone the lines of tectonic plates moved it further out to sea in Cata and that is why you can't see it now. It was originally supposed to be a patch in Cata. They never said its "floating" around.

At this point, Jaina could of used some type of retcon magic and moved it Dalaran-like somewhere I suppose. Maybe she is making a deal with Azshara or something and moved the island near the naga cities.

Makes a bit more sense I suppose, I'd imagine that means it couldn't have moved THAT far if it was just due to tectonic plates etc.
    Jaina teamed up with Azshara and the naga sounds really cool.

I'm thinking 8.0+ will be South Sea's and Naga and 9.0+ will be Void/Old Gods, with Queen Azshara the Gul'dan of these expacs.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

So no one is looking for new trademarks this year?

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Sam View Post
    Quite unlikely to find one. Back when they trademarked hearthstone (?) they found a loophole wherein they can trademark in one of 144 countries that a part of an international trademarking agreement--and it counts as a claim giving them a long time before they need to actually file in the US or EU countries. This allows them to file in a country that has no online database, preventing people from searching for the trademark months/weeks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    The Broken Isles is tiny and feels tiny, though. It's just a crowded, inauthentic amusement park.
    Pretty subjective though. I find BC/Wrath zones to be more of an amusement park, bland, flat zones who are all built around being a thematic attraction (the mushroom swamp zone, the zone that is only mountain peaks, the zone that is a hilly pine forest, etc) and where most of the space between questing areas is absolutely nothing. WoD/Legion zones have themes, but are on a completely different level in terms of detail and variety within the zone. I don't think they are crowded at all, it's just that it's actually all relevant or populated instead of just being open space.

One cohesive experience rather than running from quest to quest.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2017-07-10 at 06:14 AM.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I might be a little bit off, but, what if Kul'tiras is just where the initial campaign start then you move to a major continent or isel or whatever. Seems odd that the Horde, so much hated by those guys of Kul'tiras, would be leveling there. The way I think it will be play out is the same as Frostfireridge did for the Horde and Silvermoon Valley did for the Alliance in WoD, that's where you start. Hopefully I fully expressed my pov on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrel View Post
    I might be a little bit off, but, what if Kul'tiras is just where the initial campaign start then you move to a major continent or isel or whatever. Seems odd that the Horde, so much hated by those guys of Kul'tiras, would be leveling there. The way I think it will be play out is the same as Frostfireridge did for the Horde and Silvermoon Valley did for the Alliance in WoD, that's where you start. Hopefully I fully expressed my pov on it!
    I think the map on the armor kind of confirms its going to be there. It got bigger on the armor. If the plan was to just use it as a single zone for one faction, why make it bigger?

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I think the map on the armor kind of confirms its going to be there. It got bigger on the armor. If the plan was to just use it as a single zone for one faction, why make it bigger?
    What make you say it is bigger ? Bigger than what?

We never saw Kul tiras in game yet, we never knew it size, you can't compare it with... something else ... ?

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Don't get me wrong, might be possible that everybody will be on Kutiras, but forgetting a bomb and the hate that came from that it's quite hard. Tho, the map doesn't necessarily have to be of Kultiras, maybe it represents the new continent/isle/main hub of the incoming expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Highmountain IMO was the worst zone to look at honestly. Stormheim was right behind HM though.
    Really? I can't stand azsuna, it even made me stop leveling alts before invasions were implemented.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Makes a bit more sense I suppose, I'd imagine that means it couldn't have moved THAT far if it was just due to tectonic plates etc.
    Jaina teamed up with Azshara and the naga sounds really cool.
    And is 100% not happening. Jaina under the influence of N'zoth? Yes. Jaina teaming up with Azshara and the Naga? Nope. That's at least my bet from a lore-standpoint. I mean her teaming up with Azshara is so absurd... maybe if she's a Dreadlord she'd do that!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    I'm thinking 8.0+ will be South Sea's and Naga and 9.0+ will be Void/Old Gods, with Queen Azshara the Gul'dan of these expacs.
    This is my guess as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Sam View Post
    They still have "Eye of Azshara" and "The Dark Below" afaik. They could use them. And it really doesn't matter that Eye of Azshara was an island / dungeon in Legion.