10+ Year Old Account
    Gating like this just doesn't work. Rather than feeling like there's nothing to do in 3 weeks it feels like that now.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So I was going though mounts with a friend who just got back inti the game yesterday and we found the vicious war fox with the only pvp mounts, am I the only one who finds this questionable? I mean every other mount is tied to a faction race other then the war bear and we have had war bears for a while all that doesn't really stand out, I wonder if it could be a way to hint at the next new race seems odd to have soped up versions of race mounts then a random fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Gating like this just doesn't work. Rather than feeling like there's nothing to do in 3 weeks it feels like that now.
    The question is: if they open it up now, what are we doing in 2-3 weeks? We're stuck with this for at least 10 months!
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Somebody told me a few weeks ago that I won't like Argus if I did not like Broken Shore because it's just Broken Shore 2.0. Well, that person was right. And it's not only Broken Shore 2.0, it's even worse than that. How is that even possible?

I really really liked Legion. I think it was a great expansion. 7.2 was the first thing that somehow made me think negative about Legion and 7.3 is just the cherry on top of that. Legion went from an initial 8-9 to a 6-7 at the moment. And I am sure if we're stuck with Argus for 10-12 months it'll be a 3 at best.

7.3 just feels unfinished. They wanted to meet their schedule with their 77 days but 7.3 really could have been on the PTR 2-3 weeks longer.
    I dont understand why people whine about patches now days. In past expansions say Wrath. All you got was a raid.

3.1 all we got was Ulduar.
    3.2 was actually a decent patch for more of the player base because it had a few dailys plus a dungeon, and a small raid.
    3.3 was ICC, and 3 dungeons. Had dungeon finder too, but still. can count that small island with a few dailys if you want, but it was pointless.

7.1 had a rather large Suramar campaign continuation. A new very large dungeon, new world quests plus the raptor mount things, and a new 3 boss raid.
    7.2 had a new zone like it or not with a lot more to do than any wrath zone, a dungeon, a raid, new world quests everywhere, the zone invasions, 12 class storys with hard scenarios, more that im probably forgetting about.
    7.3 has 3 zones, a metric ton of story. As much or more than a leveling zone in a new expansion, tons of new quests, a new raid, a new dungeon, the invasion things which who knows how those turn out, and there are a ton of mounts and pets to collect too.

Now tell me how Legion has failed anywhere? The only expansion that comes close EVER to rivaling Legion is MoP. Just because you dislike some content doesn't mean it doesnt exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I dont understand why people whine about patches now days. In past expansions say Wrath. All you got was a raid.

3.1 all we got was Ulduar.
    3.2 was actually a decent patch for more of the player base because it had a few dailys plus a dungeon, and a small raid.
    3.3 was ICC, and 3 dungeons. Had dungeon finder too, but still. can count that small island with a few dailys if you want, but it was pointless.

7.1 had a rather large Suramar campaign continuation. A new very large dungeon, new world quests plus the raptor mount things, and a new 3 boss raid.
    7.2 had a new zone like it or not with a lot more to do than any wrath zone, a dungeon, a raid, new world quests everywhere, the zone invasions, 12 class storys with hard scenarios, more that im probably forgetting about.
    7.3 has 3 zones, a metric ton of story. As much or more than a leveling zone in a new expansion, tons of new quests, a new raid, a new dungeon, the invasion things which who knows how those turn out, and there are a ton of mounts and pets to collect too.

Now tell me how Legion has failed anywhere? The only expansion that comes close EVER to rivaling Legion is MoP. Just because you dislike some content doesn't mean it doesnt exist.
    Yup, it's mostly rose tinted glasses. We have never had story campaigns like Suramar and Argus, never have we had cinematics culminating stories at max level like Xera's and Mac'aree's soon. ACTUAL stories, the closest was 5.1 Landfall and that was gated with dailies on that small beachhead. Basicly people have selective memory, fortunaly Blizzard doesn't agree with them, aside from the fact that the Shore had no story which is rightful concern. Timeless Isle for example had no story either aside from like 2 or 3 quest involving Kairoz.

The Lich King Patch didn't even have outdoor content, Dragon Soul? Nada. Firelands? Gated to hell, but apperantly it's a huge issue now to wait 2 weeks, give me a break.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2017-09-01 at 09:38 PM.

I think his fear is the way they produce content in Legion. It's mine as well. If 8.0 will have content patches and open world content like 7.2 and 7.3 I will be very underwhelmed (to be honest I would be shocked). I really hope they're stepping up their "content patch" game with 8.0.
    What exactly do you mean by stepping up? What would you like to have instead of open world content?
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    What exactly do you mean by stepping up? What would you like to have instead of open world content?
    Stepping up in means of quality of content not type of content. I really want to have open world content, I like that the most (more than additional dungeons). I just don't want it to feel like a chore.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Stepping up in means of quality of content not type of content. I really want to have open world content, I like that the most (more than additional dungeons). I just don't want it to feel like a chore.
    Yeah, but be more specific what exactly you mean by that.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    How are one time story quests amazing content? It's done after an hour. Worse than that. It's done after 20 minutes 3 times. Collecting Mounts and Pets is really a luck thing which would be fine it it could be grinded but it's random rares and chests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Yup, it's mostly rose tinted glasses. We have never had story campaigns like Suramar and Argus, never have we had cinematics culminating stories at max level like Xera's and Mac'aree's soon. ACTUAL stories, the closest was 5.1 Landfall and that was gated with dailies on that small beachhead. Basicly people have selective memory, fortunaly Blizzard doesn't agree with them, aside from the fact that the Shore had no story which is rightful concern. Timeless Isle for example had no story either aside from like 2 or 3 quest involving Kairoz.

The Lich King Patch didn't even have outdoor content, Dragon Soul? Nada. Firelands? Gated to hell, but apperantly it's a huge issue now to wait 2 weeks, give me a break.
    A casual could even make the argument about 4.3 being better than 3.3. Same number of dungeons. Gear from vender was cool at the time to me. LFR was new and exciting. New Darkmoon faire and transmog. Both are good patches. Wrath for its time was great. My problem is when people claim legion has no content.

And regarding 7.2 no story, I think the devs spent their time working on the 12 class storys and scenarios instead. We could have had a decent story in 7.2 if we gave up the class storys.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are one time story quests amazing content? It's done after an hour. Worse than that. It's done after 20 minutes 3 times. Collecting Mounts and Pets is really a luck thing which would be fine it it could be grinded but it's random rares and chests.
    The amount of story quests we got at the start was much more then what we got during the Broken Shore.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Those one time story quests took a good deal of work to do. There are enough story quests in all 3 zones to rival a new questing zone for a new expansion.

There are more world quests than past expansions would have given us dailys. Still have rares and treasures. This patch has more mounts and new pets to get than any in the past. 3 zones though mind you they probably are only about the size of Tanaan Jungle is glued together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't you see? In 8.0 when they make a max level zone and it has no story that you can quest through, the complaints will be ''Where is the story? ''Why are we here?'' ''It feels like pointless busywork''. I can see it already, apperantly, all some of you are asking for is a rep to grind for a mount & pets and some rare mobs, done.

10/10, that's the best for it to ''not feel like a chore'' accourding to some people. 10/10

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to fly so I don't die every 5 meters to get a chest that despawned. Don't even give that much of a shit about no content.
    I don't enjoy Legion. For my own reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    HAH I knew it! that's the real discussion flying.

Nope not doing it, I'm out lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything but AP as a reward would help a lot too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Don't you see? In 8.0 when they make a max level zone and it has no story that you can quest through, the complaints will be ''Where is the story? ''Why are we here?'' ''It feels like pointless busywork''. I can see it already, apperantly, all some of you are asking for is a rep to grind for a mount & pets and some rare mobs, done.

10/10, that's the best for it to ''not feel like a chore'' accourding to some people. 10/10
    I think if Argus had a bit more questing to enter the patch people might feel differently. Even I at times struggle to stay in Argus not because the content there is boring. I'll just eventually run out. It's why when I wake up I don't just log onto WoW. I do something else(I have a lot of free time mind you) and afternoon/evening is my WoW time.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think if Argus had a bit more questing to enter the patch people might feel differently. Even I at times struggle to stay in Argus not because the content there is boring. I'll just eventually run out. It's why when I wake up I don't just log onto WoW. I do something else(I have a lot of free time mind you) and afternoon/evening is my WoW time.
    It's because we got only 3 WQ pools open and 3 are still locked so it seems quite empty. Plus Krokuun and Antoran Wastes got the legion look going, Mac'aree has atleast some variation.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    It's because we got only 3 WQ pools open and 3 are still locked so it seems quite empty. Plus Krokuun and Antoran Wastes got the legion look going, Mac'aree has atleast some variation.
    Speaking personally the visuals don't bother me. I knew sort of what I was getting when Argus was announced. I mean it isn't 100% exactly what I thought but that's not a bad thing. I await Mac'aree though.

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Collecting Mounts and Pets is really a luck thing which would be fine it it could be grinded but it's random rares and chests.
    For same pets you have to grind a lot on Argus, like the 1.000 demon eye or the eggs from Panthara or defeat 158 times all the pets boss... just a couple of pets cames from rares.

But "random" is a nighmare to me: I'm still waiting for the pet from Kirin Tor chest, I have only 1 mount from the paragon chest, and that force me to do all the WQ with all my Alts... I wander if I will able to see one of them before 8.0.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat