-=-=-=-=-=-they tried the diablo 3 clone-=-=-=-=-
    wq=bounty
    mm+ = rift/great rift
    legendaries drop= well same thing in diablo 3
    rng on item drop = well same thing on diablo 3, pure rng on item stats

hope to see the 8.0 being something different, but i doubt they will change the thing, they love doing near nothing and just giving us a diablo 3 clone :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    The next expansion will be similar to panda in that it will have 1 new class, and a new (or maybe a couple new) race(s).

It will be very south seas centric with themes of old gods, naga, azshara, and possibly a teaser about the void lords.

You heard it here first.
    I think we will get the following.

New race class combos
    Sub races/or new customization options.
    Goblin and Worgen remake.
    New neutral naga race.

I think we will see all of those things. Nothing more. No class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Not sure why they'd still be encrypted (and as such unavailable) when they're for 7.3 content. I genuinely don't know what's available nowadays so I could be wrong on that.
    Do you not play wow?

10+ Year Old Account
    My PTR got a little update today. Hype?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Do you not play wow?
    I do, I just haven't done any DMF stuff in years and I don't raid at the top either so I'm generally somewhat behind.

Quote Originally Posted by throcha View Post
    My PTR got a little update today. Hype?
    Small executable patch for live, no hype sadly.

Oooo... "exciting changes" coming to virtual ticket + in-game goodie reveal on a special stream tomorrow wednesday.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/bliz...n-september-13

Very curious! These better be positive changes.

Won't be surprised if we see the goodies on 7.3.5 PTR shortly after.
    Announcement of an announcement.

"Tune in on day X and we will say what we are going to do on day Y."

Very 21st century.

I do, I just haven't done any DMF stuff in years and I don't raid at the top either so I'm generally somewhat behind.

Small executable patch for live, no hype sadly.
    Then its safe to assume PTR is npt going up this week? #sadface

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    Then its safe to assume PTR is npt going up this week? #sadface
    Not exactly. Exe builds don't really have anything to do with PTR. They just keep PTR up to date with live so if live is getting an exe build then the PTR usually receives right before it goes live. Makes updating later on easier for them.

Deleted
    I have some theories about the new expansion.

1. Personal Ship coming as a Challenge mode, Proving Grounds-Type of alternative PvE: If they gives us our own ship, it won't be on the open world, but rather on our own instanced scenario, where we can sail through the seas of Azeroth. Having tried the new Invasion Points, the Personal Ship scenario would be an everchanging oddysey of treasure, challenges and exploration. New islands would appear and dissapear every now and then, remnants of the Sundering and the Cataclysm, where randoms enemies and situations to overcome would present to us. Maybe you found an island that resembles Uldum architecture, but is infested of zandalari trying to get an ancient relic there. To make it even more difficult, there's an ancient tol'vir curse that would affect you and your enemies. Moreso, the Lich King influence is spreading in that island, so every enemy that you kill has a chance to come back from death to assist you.

You will be able to do so alone or with friends, and rewards would not be Ilvl upgrades, but "ship equipment upgrades", new skins, cosmetic rewards like armor set and mount, etc. Due the infinite nature of the scenario, probably it'll be some kind of Paragon, Prestige system exclusive to this kind of content.

2. All the "reputable" factions are bad guys: Jaina and Sylvanas are put on the spotlight this next expansion for sure, even being mocked by Varimathras in his encounter on Antorus. Sylvanas is already doing strange, selfish things during the start of Legion, and Jaina just dissapear during all Legion, with the Kul'tiras datamined hint that make it more clear what she's been up to. Jaina will try to enforce dominance over the seas with Kul'tiras fleet, while Sylvanas will try to pursuit a way for her and her people to be inmortal, like Ponce de León. Both of them will be still in the Alliance and Horde respectively, but they'll pursue their own agenda. Azshara will try to restore her empire, and so will do the zandalari following Prophet Zul. Bloodsail will be the pirates trying to plunder all the seas, and the cartels of Undermine will try to exploit the entire world for profit.

You'll be joining them, probably with a new reputation system, that gives you perks and new abilities on the open world and when you're sailing depending who you're friends with, rather than rewards and 4 colour variations of a mount.

3. N'zoth, and how it makes sense into the story without making an appearance: Knowing that we have to take care of Azeroth, the final titan, our first step would be purging all the Old Gods influence. Knowing that, N'zoth would do what Old Gods do: Confuse and make us fight each other. We, as heroes, will become victim of the circunstances, losing our artifact weapon, seeing new and old enemies rise, seeing our alliances crumble with mistrust and selfishness. The world is going crazy, and you're not going to stay still, trying to convince everybody to focus on N'zoth. You, a veteran, will get your own ship and sail the seas of Azeroth, get power, fame and treasure, betray your enemies with cunning and wit, while preparing to strike at the heart of the final old god, and end once for all this crazy conflict.

^^ Of these, I would choose 2.

1 = personal ship with paragon-like system for improvements sounds tempting, but from my point of view it has the fatal flaw of being one-expansion-only. I don't want to invest too much time into something that will go the way of garrisons. I plain dislike temporary designs like that, it is wasteful. I'd much preferred if (a) Pandarian farm was still somehow useful - maybe it could give rep championing, maybe you could learn to grow some interesting crops, no need to attend every day, some integration into class halls would be fine, (b) same for garrisons, (c) same for the Legion artifact. I get that the things they are doing now don't look like big candidates for carrying into the future, but that's because they design them that way. I really wish they started designing with the future in mind.

Don't like 3. Fight each other? Like dwarves killing gnomes and trolls burning half of the Orgrimmar? The appeal from scenes like this will very soon evaporate and you will just feel empty because everything is destroyed and there are no anchors. No, thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    13,534 posts. I mourn the colossal waste of time. RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    13,534 posts. I mourn the colossal waste of time. RIP
    You are replying to signal words. I am talking about building up and continuity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaligon View Post
    This. Flying is a mistake until the content is old. I thought Legion did an excellent job handling flying and I hope they continue similarly (don't listen to the haters devs!).

"CONTENT GOES BY TOO FAST!"
    "WE NEED TO FLY, CONTENT TAKES TOO LONG TO GO THROUGH!"

I have never seen the appeal in killing a pathetic mob, mounting to the next one, killing it, rinse and repeat a thousand times. I like dangerous mobs, that's what vanilla was all about. Current Argus isn't even as dangerous as Vanilla Elywnn.
    I don't know how you are playing, I usually not mount up between quest mobs as soon as they are not too far apart. Mounting up does take time, so it's not always sensible to use this. Especially if you have classes with some kind of sprint/gap closer or pull ability or ranged attacks or whatever. This argument is an extreme exaggeration of the general playstyle. And by the way, I find this fixation on "FLYING IS CHEATING!" because you can skip some mobs and obstacles quite anal retentive. Relax a bit. This is a game. Why don't we just treat ourselves something more like the "live and let live" attitude, instead of forcing people to play the way you want, and no other way?

We really don't need people who want others to "cross the storm" to get things, just because they needed to do the same. Time goes by, and things need to get accessible, or they will start to collect dust.

There is a reason why WoW got popular, because it was relaxed compared to other MMOs in the market.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2017-09-12 at 03:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Damn, Alleria is black af now.

Inb4 next race is Digital Blackface Elves

Quote Originally Posted by DelusionalBear View Post
    Shadow gif
    Or click here to look at it in the modelviewer, much prettier. :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Or click here to look at it in the modelviewer, much prettier. :P

I see what you are doing...

btw what was that thing about a zeppelin mount? never heard about it, could you share more info?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon ANX View Post
    I see what you are doing...

btw what was that thing about a zeppelin mount? never heard about it, could you share more info?
    So there's 2 new "mounts" that are still encrypted.

"AllianceShipMount" and "HordeZeppelinMount".

That's all we know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    You are replying to signal words. I am talking about building up and continuity.
    Ehm.

Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

So there's 2 new "mounts" that are still encrypted.

"AllianceShipMount" and "HordeZeppelinMount".

That's all we know.
    Deluxe/Collectors LUL
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Deluxe/Collectors LUL
    Seeing the Felseeker mount (Legion deluxe mount) was added in 6.2.2, that's not actually a bad guess.

Hmm!

EDIT: 6.2.2 was shipped to live a month after Legion was announced with it going on PTR the day after it was announced.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2017-09-12 at 07:46 PM.