Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Well now you know, you can read it up.
    Thank you so much.

7+ Year Old Account
    i wanna see world of warcraft 2.0 in unreal engine :-)
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    i wanna see world of warcraft 2.0 in unreal engine :-)
    That sounds like something I don't ever want to see. LUL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    Thank you so much.
    Tl;dr of the discussion: He is indeed missing, he appears only during phased invasion event and icy-veins got that voiceover replacement wrong.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard probably would go for the Unity engine then anything else if they had to choose Unreal or Unity or any popular engine out there.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Nah, they'd use their own engines rather than building a game in other people's engine.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    That sounds like something I don't ever want to see. LUL
    2, wow does not need graphics, but it could get a new engine(2.0) to make developers and designers jobs more fluid, fast and free, because a 10 years+ engine is sure to have some bad legacies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon ANX View Post
    2, wow does not need graphics, but it could get a new engine(2.0) to make developers and designers jobs more fluid, fast and free, because a 10 years+ engine is sure to have some bad legacies.
    Sure, it'd just take 10+ years for them to redo everything, only for people to say "it was better before".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Sure, it'd just take 10+ years for them to redo everything, only for people to say "it was better before".
    King Terenas Menethil II say "There must always be.... a Whining King!"

If we get it or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    10+ years I don't thinks so. I don't believe the response would be "It was better before." Maybe if Blizzard made an entirely new mmo sure I can see that but changing the engine? Nah.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Soooo, maybe
    Alleria brings H Elves to Alliance
    Locus Walker brings Neutral Ethereals
    and Silgyn brings Nightborne to Horde? in 8.0
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

I think they are trying to set Locus Walker up as Wrathion 2.0

If you speak to Thermaturge on the ship he says he knows him but he didn't pay his debts/lies, however you want to interpret that

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I think they are trying to set Locus Walker up as Wrathion 2.0

If you speak to Thermaturge on the ship he says he knows him but he didn't pay his debts/lies, however you want to interpret that
    I wonder what they looked like before they lost their bodies.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

I'm hoping for a South Seas/Zandalar expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by MaraudingPython View Post
    I'm hoping for a South Seas/Zandalar expansion.
    We already know where it takes place, even without the leaks. We just 'don't know' the general plot.

The 'leaked' book from months ago is about Mages around Lordaeron, the Night Elves who taught them and Trolls.

Kul'tiras? Mages.
    Zandalar? Trolls.
    Elves????

Or it could just be a really odd choice for a book right during expansion hype prime.

It's not as simple as just slapping a new engine in. Every existing game system would have to be reproduced to fit in that new architecture. Even the dozens and dozens of archaic systems that are no longer used but are essential for doing older content. Engine != quick thing that can be done in like a year. It would take years, when they could just add code for new features to what they have. This is essentially just repeating what one of the blues or ex-blues said at some point in the last couples months.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not as simple as just slapping a new engine in. Every existing game system would have to be reproduced to fit in that new architecture. Even the dozens and dozens of archaic systems that are no longer used but are essential for doing older content. Engine != quick thing that can be done in like a year. It would take years, when they could just add code for new features to what they have. This is essentially just repeating what one of the blues or ex-blues said at some point in the last couples months.
    No of course not but it wouldn't surprise me if Blizzard had a plan or at least look at their engine and realize it's limits are getting closer and closer.

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Yep, this was already debated here in this thread by me and other members, i was giving a TL: DR answer

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    We already know where it takes place, even without the leaks. We just 'don't know' the general plot.

The 'leaked' book from months ago is about Mages around Lordaeron, the Night Elves who taught them and Trolls.

Kul'tiras? Mages.
    Zandalar? Trolls.
    Elves????

Or it could just be a really odd choice for a book right during expansion hype prime.
    What leaked book? Never heard about it.
    could you share the source?

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Soooo, maybe
    Alleria brings H Elves to Alliance
    Locus Walker brings Neutral Ethereals
    and Silgyn brings Nightborne to Horde? in 8.0
    Yeah. Nightborne are going to join faction of savages.

What leaked book? Never heard about it.
    could you share the source?
    Troll Wars by Paul Kemp
    MMOC Thread

Edit: The page used to have a summary but my google translate isn't working so I can't tell if it is there but it was, in broken English, 'Following the legendary War of the Ancients, a group of Night Elves mages were exiled. Searching for a new home, they set foot on the coast of Lordaeron. At that time, its inhabitants were cowards and scattered, while the Trolls had a well set civilization.'

Locus Walker is going to be next expansions Kairoz. Hopefully with a better story though.