Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    You initially said guild halls could be a selling feature for new expansion, but you would make it available only to rich guilds? I wonder how the playerbase would recieve that.
    Making money with guilds is so easy that there are mass invite addons to just spam invites. I at one point I am not too proud of, was making 70k a day across a few servers at once with big ass mass invite guilds. The days have sailed on that kind of thing afaik, but really, the flip of a switch and the money making is back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    You initially said guild halls could be a selling feature for new expansion, but you would make it available only to rich guilds? I wonder how the playerbase would recieve that.
    Not rich guilds. The point is you make it unfeasible for individual players alone, unless they themselves are quite wealthy. And even if they are, there's not much benefit for an individual when they can get their own room in the guild hall to decorate themselves.

But hey, if somebody for no good reason wants to waste their gold on a much bigger room in their 1-man guild with literally no benefits and crappy decorations, they can go for it. I'm struggling to see a real downside of that. it's not something that everyone would want to do, especially considering how many people hated being alone in their garrisons.

Or alternatively, just have a minimum player requirement. Wow, that was hard to come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Making money with guilds is so easy that there are mass invite addons to just spam invites. I at one point I am not too proud of, was making 70k a day across a few servers at once with big ass mass invite guilds. The days have sailed on that kind of thing afaik, but really, the flip of a switch and the money making is back on.
    They removed that one trait that was generating money, so that did fix it a little. Guild challenges still make some, but it's not as bad as it used to be.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Also. If we got Guild Halls before Guild Wars 2 I would just kek to death.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Given they added player skeleton models for Vrykul and Naga in Legion -- the only unplayable races to ever receive them -- I can't help but wonder if they were meant to be playable races in Legion in some extremely early version of the expansion. And I wonder if that means they may be less likely to add either of them in the future.
    Yeah, I think it was meant to be added in Legion but scrapped for whatever reason.
    Does not mean they can't be added later.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Vrykul would be good fits for horde imo.
    I agree. I think they'd visually add more to the Horde than the Alliance. And their culture is more orcish than human anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Not even close.

Make a image without huge beard covering faces and chest and without armor so their true silhouetes are visible.

Also, why add a vrykul-like beard to a human? Humans don't have them, it's a vrykul thing. Adding them to a human immediately makes them more vrykul-like.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2017-10-01 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Yeah, I think it was meant to be added in Legion but scrapped for whatever reason.
    Does not mean they can't be added later.

I agree. I think they'd visually add more to the Horde than the Alliance. And their culture is more orcish than human anyway.

Make a image without huge beard covering faces and chest and without armor so their true silhouetes are visible.
    I think they'd fit the Horde if they were going to be playable, though I'm not as keen on them.

As far as this debate about Vrykul and how similar to Humans they are, they're pretty close, except for size. If they were the same height or close, you'd barely distinguish between the two out in the world.

Vrykul have a fun lore, a neat look, and a cool culture kit. I see why people want them playable, but man they just too damn tall, a massive turnoff to me. I love Tauren, they're my favorite, but even their height stops me from making my main one.

Vrykul are one of those races that could easily go either way, or both. I could just as easily see the Alliance getting stormforged and val'kyr thanks to Odyn as I could see Sylvanas getting her hands on Helya's suddenly-unemployed kvaldir and dark val'kyr.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I think Vrykul is happening next expansion, though I don't think they'll call them sub-races, they'll probably come up with another name for such a feature.

It's hard to speculate about these things because we don't know if they'll actually give us different models or if they just plan on giving us some customization for the ones we have and let that be the "sub race"

It seems to me that they put a lot more work into the animation and skeleton rigs of certain races in Legion though, like that one Vrykul who got monk animations, and keep in mind that only the Demon Hunter have more complex animations than that class.

Apparently those lightforged Draenei on Argus might look like Draenei we have, but according to the guy who revealed them, it's a different model so that might actually solidify the theory that we'll get new models for the "sub races".

Or for all we know, they might just "Lightforge" every single race instead of giving us stuff like Nightborne, Man'ari, Leper gnomes, etc.

I can't see us getting any form of Lightforged anything; it'd just seem weird for Shamans.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Also, why add a vrykul-like beard to a human? Humans don't have them, it's a vrykul thing. Adding them to a human immediately makes them more vrykul-like.
    What "true" silhouette? The chest armor is skintight. You can see where the chest is, it's the green not the dark grey background. Does your monitor have poor contrast?

I added the beard because humans can grow beards. Of course it makes them more vrykul-like. That's kinda the point, the only differences are ones you'd see between different humans anyway. Humans can build muscle, they can have a hunch, they can grow beards or get tattoos. If the only differences between two races are such superficial ones, they probably aren't a good candidate for being two distinct races.

I mean hell, a ton of races share hair options between them in the barber shop.

Playable Draenei don't have beards like Velen, or his figure or facial structure. But Velen-Draenei is probably not a good new race either.
    Just like Night elves not having Nightborne skin color, or the same animations doesn't mean Nightborne should be the new Alliance race.
    Or as previously mentioned, Forest trolls, who--exactly like Vrykul are larger, bulkier and have unique models, lore, history and culture from the playable jungle trolls Horde has. But does anyone think Forest trolls would be a good completely separate race to add to Horde, particularly if Alliance were getting something new like Ethereals, Naga, Arakkoa, etc.? I doubt it, and again, they are farther from playable trolls than Vrykul are from playable humans. They are subrace material, like the Vrykul are for Alliance.

A perfectly good Horde race, or a decent subrace for humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want Gnome Druids.....

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    There was a leak a while back that had Allies getting Vrykul, Horde getting Kvaldir, and neutral Naga. Three races in one expansion seems like an ambitious dream, but the idea of each side getting a type of vrykul is kind of cool.
    Does anyone want to be a Kvaldir, though?

There was a leak a while back that had Allies getting Vrykul, Horde getting Kvaldir, and neutral Naga. Three races in one expansion seems like an ambitious dream, but the idea of each side getting a type of vrykul is kind of cool.
    It’s still only two races Kvaldir are just Vrykul re-colored and seaweeded.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    What "true" silhouette? The chest armor is skintight. You can see where the chest is, it's the green not the dark grey background. Does your monitor have poor contrast?

I added the beard because humans can grow beards. Of course it makes them more vrykul-like. That's kinda the point, the only differences are ones you'd see between different humans anyway. Humans can build muscle, they can have a hunch, they can grow beards or get tattoos. If the only differences between two races are such superficial ones, they probably aren't a good candidate for being two distinct races.
    Put the models as they are, without beards and armor (like that leg armor you conveniently forgot to address in your post). You are just being dishonest.

Or as previously mentioned, Forest trolls, who--exactly like Vrykul are larger, bulkier and have unique models, lore, history and culture from the playable jungle trolls Horde has.
    Forest trolls are still trolls. Their model is literally a buffier troll model, with the same animations. You could put the Forest trolls and keep "Troll" in the tooltip, or the same voices, and it wouldn't feel weird. Vrykul are not humans. They are as humans as dwarves are humans. And, exactly to hide their differences, you put the human in your image with vrykul hair and beard, plus wider legs.

Be honest and do the same without your sloppy additions, so we can see the real human model compared to vrykul model. If you are right, why change the models to force them to be alike?

Why would the Horde get the Kvaldir? They're the servants of Helya, and if they were to go anywhere, it would make sense for them to serve Odin.

Anyways, until proven otherwise, I'm sticking with this:

Alliance: Vrykul
    Horde: Ogre
    Neutral: Naga

It would be unprecedented to get three races at once, but when you factor in the similarities between the races, i.e. ocean-based, it's not a huuuuuuge stretch.

P.S. Also, since we just received the demon hunter, there's no chance in Hades that we're getting another class, and if you think about it, we haven't had a new race in five years (MoP).

I tried finding the leak but am having a hard time (there were so many fake leaks this year)...

It was something along the lines of Odyn imprisoning them in Helheim after Helya's death and Sylvanas frees them in exchange for their service.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be pretty alright with this.
    If we get another race before playable ogres... well, I'm going to flip-my-shit.

Put the models as they are, without beards and armor (like that leg armor you conveniently forgot to address in your post). You are just being dishonest.

Forest trolls are still trolls. Their model is literally a buffier troll model, with the same animations. You could put the Forest trolls and keep "Troll" in the tooltip, or the same voices, and it wouldn't feel weird. Vrykul are not humans. They are as humans as dwarves are humans. And, exactly to hide their differences, you put the human in your image with vrykul hair and beard, plus wider legs.

Be honest and do the same without your sloppy additions, so we can see the real human model compared to vrykul model. If you are right, why change the models to force them to be alike?
    I didn't do anything to the legs, lol. But I guess the qualification for being a race candidate is now "have different facial hair options". I can't wait for Velen Draenei to be added as the next race, and then maybe the expansion after that, we can get Lightforged Draenei as another race too!

Also, outside of playable high elves, i.e. neutral blood elves, there's no logical addition to pair with playable ogres, so in that regard, the vrykul could work.