10+ Year Old Account
    At this point what we're sure is that Worgens and Goblins will have their models updated. That on itself is a great addition to the game.
    [/URL]

Nightborne are literally just the night elf model with some new customization options and standing/running/attack etc animations.

I think what makes the discussion interesting is just that they won’t add a race completely out of nowhere. Has to be something in game. And it’s so likely they’ll add something. Either a new race or sub races.

- - - Updated - - -

I almost want to say it’s now or never for sub races.

I am extremely confident it will be race related, either subraces or new races.

it's been over 5 years since we had a new race added.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Worgen didn't have player rigging either in their original monster race form. If they really wanted to add something like ethereals or Nightborne, they can do so. The question is if whether of those races are races they'd want to add as playable; I'd say probably not.
    I think what most are thinking with the difference is that: if you don’t create player rigging for Nightborne and definitely Ethereals when you know what is coming in the next xpac, that’s a lot of unnecessary extra work you are adding on. Should’ve just added it for Legion launch and 7.3 for Ethereals.

Original Worgen they had no clue they’d add playable ones later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    I am extremely confident it will be race related, either subraces or new races.

it's been over 5 years since we had a new race added.
    I just want my damned ethereals!
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Nightborne are literally just the night elf model with some new customization options and standing/running/attack etc animations.
    Idk how much a Horde player would notice that.

So that you can do Westfall again but with tentacles and Naga instead of a tornado and gnolls?
    So that we can start fixing Westfall, rebuilding. And remove that stupid fucking tornado.

At this point a Cata-style revamp is not just preferred, but NECESSARY.

Idk if the leveling zones need fixed (in terms of resources it’d take) but leveling itself needs fixed. I have to imagine for new players it’s a pretty awful experience. Assuming they don’t use the instant lvl 100 boost.

Modified level scaling zones like we got in Legion would do a lot.

Did the new worgen models in Northrend have player rigging? I remember them seeming pretty basic and I certainly don't remember any shown to be wearing player armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    Idk how much a Horde player would notice that.
    I meant there's no issue with Nightborne being playable because of their "model" because it's the same model players are already using for Night Elves. There are a lot of issues with Horde Nightborne.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    So that we can start fixing Westfall, rebuilding. And remove that stupid fucking tornado.

At this point a Cata-style revamp is not just preferred, but NECESSARY.
    It really isn't.
    "Oh look, it's westfall again and Sentinel Hill has more complete walls and buildings. Wow, what a great zone. I'm totally glad the devs did this instead of putting that time and effort into something new for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I know, it is a monumental undertaking the likes of which no other game has had to really deal with yet. .
    Ffxiv would like a word

- - - Updated - - -

I meant there's no issue with Nightborne being playable because of their "model" because it's the same model players are already using for Night Elves. There are a lot of issues with Horde Nightborne.

It really isn't.
    "Oh look, it's westfall again and Sentinel Hill has more complete walls and buildings. Wow, what a great zone. I'm totally glad the devs did this instead of putting that time and effort into something new for the game.
    It objectively is. It re purposes the world for current content, level-scaled and WQs instead of being the continually growing waste of space. It fixes the currently dreadful leveling experience. It updates the world to reflect the in-universe lore and changes that have happened in the last 8 years.

Cataclysm wasn't good because the new content was just for levelling. This time they have the technology put into place and basically focus tested just for this implementation.

It doesn't matter what you think, it's objectively necessary and is everyday looking more and more likely happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    god me too, after argus, im finally going to get my Consortium rep to exalted and start farming the few remaining ethereal weapons
    really want to play a ethereal s.priest
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

The major downfall of the cataclysm revamp is it took place during the cataclysm, they should have made the story take place in vanilla, or it should have only been active after you hit level 80.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Ffxiv would like a word
    Ahh true. Forgot about them.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

It objectively is. It re purposes the world for current content, level-scaled and WQs instead of being the continually growing waste of space. It fixes the currently dreadful leveling experience. It updates the world to reflect the in-universe lore and changes that have happened in the last 8 years.

Cataclysm wasn't good because the new content was just for levelling. This time they have the technology put into place and basically focus tested just for this implementation.

It doesn't matter what you think, it's objectively necessary and is everyday looking more and more likely happening.
    Please stop using objectively in an entirely subjective situation. It obviously very obviously isn't necessary. Blizzard could continue to put out new expansions and not ever update it and things would be perfectly fine. "I really think it should be like this!" =/= objectively necessary.

It regurgitates old content with a new coat of paint at the expense of new content. Unless you are suggesting Blizzard update Kalimdor, the Eastern Kingdoms, Outland, Northrend, Pandaria, Draenor AND the Broken Isles (lol, good luck)--you are still going to hit a point in the zone progression where you suddenly go back in time to before what you just did.

"B-but you can just level from 1-110 in the scaled Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, and Northrend!"
    Yes, and thereby render Outland, Pandaria, Draenor and the Broken Isles complete and total wastes of space far beyond the claimed waste of space you are applying to 1-60 right now.

A revamp is extremely unnecessary and a pretty mediocre use of dev time that could otherwise be spent on things that are actually new instead of "Defend Hyjal from void elementals instead of fire elementals!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    They would be so cool! I love their story and their animations and judging by their motifs they really sound like space pirates.

From wowpedia: Many ethereals are seeking to track down [Outland's] treasures and steal them back into the Twisting Nether. They are liars and scoundrels who will stop at nothing to pursue their mysterious aims.

They'd fit a void themed south seas expansion so much!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed.

And a very strong lore tie to join the Horde.

Kinda like another ultra-similar elf offshoot with strong ties to the Alliance.

*Thinking Emoji*
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

When someone transforms into a Vrykul through various toys or procs, their race/class is “Vrykul/x”. Does it do that for any other non playable races and did it do that prior to Legion?

- - - Updated - - -

It really isn't.
    What issues would there be? Blood Elves are far more accepting of them than the Night Elves.