I don’t see any way it releases before July. I mean, Antorus isn’t even released yet. And there’s a patch of some sort coming after that.

The length Argus world content is out can be a concern, but that’s why you can’t judge until we see what this next patch is. I mean, if xpac 8.0 releases in August even a 9 month Antorus raid and 7 month outdoor content difference would be a MASSIVE improvement of what we’ve had recently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    ETHEREALS CONFIRMED NEXT EXPANSION LEAKED NOW
    nice job

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    2-3 months earlier than you think in a 2 year wait is not going to turn it into a hearthstone thing.
    No, it's not, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    And I dont know why people ignore math. Expansions have always released every 22-24 months. Why should this one take 26-29 like some are saying.

An optimist goes with May or June. A realist goes with July or August. A pessimist goes with September or October. A nut-job goes with November+
    Because the countdown is not from when they started developing for real (which is hidden) and not even from when the previous expansion launched (which plays a role but only indirectly), but rather from when they started showing things up - and how much they have to do to finish them plays a key role.

I don't know what the exact date is, but since I saw nothing at all, I am banking on slightly less than a year after Blizzcon. It will be clearer after the panels. For example, if plans for the next expansion consist of pretty small changes, then sure, it can be released in May. With things getting closer to what they are in Hearthstone: expansions are fast because they don't contain much. And if plans for the next expansion are big and ambitious, well, it can easily be released in November. We'll have to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    No, it's not, I agree.

Because the countdown is not from when they started developing for real (which is hidden) and not even from when the previous expansion launched (which plays a role but only indirectly), but rather from when they started showing things up - and how much they have to do to finish them plays a key role.

I don't know what the exact date is, but since I saw nothing at all, I am banking on slightly less than a year after Blizzcon. It will be clearer after the panels. For example, if plans for the next expansion consist of pretty small changes, then sure, it can be released in May. With things getting closer to what they are in Hearthstone: expansions are fast because they don't contain much. And if plans for the next expansion are big and ambitious, well, it can easily be released in November. We'll have to see.
    We will wait and see I guess, but I disagree. Now, if they are doing another world revamp or some huge new system/tech I could see like October.

I’m curious: why is the ethereal on the Vindicaar using the old Ethereal model? Seems so out of place.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    I’m curious: why is the ethereal on the Vindicaar using the old Ethereal model? Seems so out of place.
    Because he was on the Broken Isle and the updated model wasn't until 7.3.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Because he was on the Broken Isle and the updated model wasn't until 7.3.
    That would do it. My new hope was for the shadow guard updated Ethereals to essentially be the equivalent of ToT Zandalari Trolls. Same race, radically different model. And that would make their opposite be a theoretical, non “corrupted” (ik it’s not corruption) playable Ethereal race.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    "Balance is only needed for Mythic" - The part of the game that less than 5% of the playerbase participates in?

Wow.
    While it isn't only needed for top tier raid content, it is most important for it. And for the first week N and HC everyone will be going in with ToS gear, meaning that balancing around Antorus tier sets isnt necessary for week 1.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

By the way, the first page contains some pretty interesting stats.

What I find the most telling is this:

"Today we are taking a look at the number of players that have earned some of the new achievements in Patch 7.3. This data comes from 1.8 million US and EU players active in the last month."

Compare to this (from a stats post for WoD):

"Today we are taking a look at the Challenge Mode achievement completion rate of players. The data used today is a sample of 6.1 million characters from 3.1 million accounts."

The stats on MMO-C were progressing to cover more and more players (and be more accurate) due to improvements in capturing. At the same time the number of players in the game was reducing. These two factors were working in opposite directions and at some point the second factor overcame the first.

It is pretty telling that the stats for WoD talk about 3.1 mil characters and the stats for Legion talk about 1.8 mil characters. Now, these aren't sub numbers, no, just useful proxies. But you can see the difference in scale.

Here's your answer as to whether Legion is really doing better or worse than WoD. It is only doing better if you listen to Blizzard comparing the first few months of Legion to the mid-expansion desert months of WoD, and comparing by hours played instead of people subbed. In real world, Legion is having significantly less players than WoD and is in general a disaster of the same scale as WoD was, with players leaving in same relative quantities.

---
    Added: I reposted this here, apologies if you end up reading it twice: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Legion-vs-WoD
    Last edited by rda; 2017-10-09 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I guess that pretty much confirms what I thought.
    Of course.

It all appears to be rosy, rosy, rosy, happy, rosy, "we have tons of content" and "we are getting a patch every 77 days" solely because they don't publish sub numbers. If they published them, it wouldn't have been such a surprise that the game is actually falling like a meteor, that PVP is just dead and stopped being a thing, that class changes have been a disaster of a humongous scale incomparable to before, etc.

Deleted
    Again this rda crap about data already debunked in other threads?

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Again this rda crap about data already debunked in other threads?

Really?
    Debunked? Yeah, OK.

I'll post what I posted in the other thread:

Asked chaud about this, he says that there isn't much merit in trying to get this kind of information from those numbers due to the way he collects and filters data.

Deleted
    Debunked? Yeah, OK.
    Just go back to your useless threads about subs and check how many times people debunked it due to the fact that you needed an add-on to upload data.

Also this is a speculation thread about xpac not a mega thread about tinfoil assumption by a freshman in 101 statistics

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I hope they just make the next expansion street. Give back to the black community in some way.
    Top kek. Maybe have the goblins behind the scenes driving everything too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    Top kek. Maybe have the goblins behind the scenes driving everything too.
    IRL we have the 1% vs the 99%

In wow we have the 3% be the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Just go back to your useless threads about subs and check how many times people debunked it due to the fact that you needed an add-on to upload data.

Also this is a speculation thread about xpac not a mega thread about tinfoil assumption by a freshman in 101 statistics
    Go take some stat classes to learn that the requirement you are talking about does not matter much for global analysis.

And go take some reading classes to learn that the post you are supposedly replying to is talking about statistics obtained in other ways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I'll post what I posted in the other thread:

Asked chaud about this, he says that there isn't much merit in trying to get this kind of information from those numbers due to the way he collects and filters data.
    Here's my reply then:

He is just being cautious because the stats were not designed to compare subs. (And he wouldn't want to design them to compare subs, because Blizzard won't like it one bit.)

I said that these are proxies and not the subs in the first post.

Go take some stat classes to learn that the requirement you are talking about does not matter much for global analysis.

And go take some reading classes to learn that the post you are supposedly replying to is talking about statistics obtained in other ways.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's my reply then:

He is just being cautious because the stats were not designed to compare subs. (And he wouldn't want to design them to compare subs, because Blizzard won't like it one bit.)

I said that these are proxies and not the subs in the first post.
    Let's contain further discussion of this in the other thread.

So, can anyone update me if there has been anything interesting / new about the upcoming expansion that we didn't knew already?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    Already said, this is not a thread about random tinfoil though from a freshyear statistic student.