7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post
    I want to know why everyone just TRUSTS the elemental lords. Everyone acts like just because they allied with us against the Legion that everything is all well and good.

But I mean, if Anduin showed up one day with a literal bag of tentacles and said "Hey guy's meet my new pal!" would we find this suspicious?

The fact that Neptulon comes back with Ozumat as a "pet" or whatever kind of baffles me, especially since we did not see what happened in Cata off screen after we helped.
    or why we trusts Magatha... or Xylem or Azuregos. He actually is into the Nexus... that was invaded by Ethereum that try to became a "void army" using the surge needles in Coldarra to call up void energies... but its ok, everything is under controll!

Probably in every Class Hall there is something/someone suspicious... I wonder if there will be an explanation/story about why we dont need anymore a Class Hall in the next expanion, a side from: "ok the Legion is gone, you don't need a class leader anymore. You are all dismiss. So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish".

and BTW, is just because we found the "kul'tiras files", otherwise all the clues lead to Northred again...

There is everything: Odyn, the keepers, dragons, titan facilities, Magni... an Old God and the Nerubians, the Ethereum, the Nexus that can syphon void energy... Bolvar and the Sylvana's valkirie. There is more Old Gods and Void stuff in Northrend, than in all the rest of Azeroth (by now)... except for Silithus: now we got our Soul Titan "golden" blood, a wound that look likes a huge vagina and an Old God and his cockroachs army waiting for us.

but who cares... we desperatly wanna sail for another new continent that is emerge from nowhere (again)... but actually - to me - looks likes everything is in motion to deliver to us an expansion about the raise of Black Empire on Azeroth. ^^;

-apologies for the "V" word and my english-
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    -apologies for the "V" word and my english-
    *GASP*

You said v-v-v-v-v-void!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Since it seems like while I was asleep this thread has derailed I'll throw in another thought about a possibility in 8.0 I had a couple days ago.

It is pretty much known by now that the last patch(es) of an expansion contain assets and tech from a future expansion. One of my favorite things added in 7.3 are the detailed and dynamic skyboxes that now include both 2d and 3d elements and blend into the world.

Does anybody else thing that this could work really good for an underground zone? Maybe finally get the AK zones, since looking back at the files for them added in wrath, they didn't seem that nice with terrain blocking off all the sides. With skyboxes they could make the zones seem much roomier and bigger.

Indeed, the new skyboxes have really helped Argus feel a lot larger, it could be really cool to see the sprawling nerubian empire on the distance even if the playable area is just a section of it. tbh not likely but it would look so cool even on some old zoes. Can you imagine a place like deepholme with a skybox like Krokuun? it would look awesome, as well as on the firelands.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The World of Warcraft team is seeking a software engineering intern for summer 2018. Interns can expect to work closely with designers and artists to recognize the shared vision and see it through from concept to completion. The ideal student has a long standing passion for playing games, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, and demonstrated game programming experience (in the personal, educational, or professional arena).

Quest Objectives

Assist with software development projects on an upcoming World of Warcraft patch in the areas of Server, Engine, Tools, and Gameplay.

(Source)
    Blizz looking for server/engine/tools/gameplay engineer interns for a "patch" that's going to be working on in the Summer of 2018...

EDIT: Not to cause unnecessary hype though, Blizzard looking for interns isn't that special. Still interesting enough to post!
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2017-10-10 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    The World of Warcraft team is seeking a software engineering intern for summer 2018. Interns can expect to work closely with designers and artists to recognize the shared vision and see it through from concept to completion. The ideal student has a long standing passion for playing games, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, and demonstrated game programming experience (in the personal, educational, or professional arena).

Quest Objectives

Assist with software development projects on an upcoming World of Warcraft patch in the areas of Server, Engine, Tools, and Gameplay.

(Source)
    Blizz looking for server/engine/tools/gameplay engineer interns for a "patch" that's going to be working on in the Summer of 2018...

EDIT: Not to cause unnecessary hype though, Blizzard looking for interns isn't that special. Still interesting enough to post!
    Summer of 2018 sounds about right for 8.0.

September 18th launch day baybeeee

To be fair, they'd start in summer and probably go through training for a few weeks/months before getting their hands on anything. Meaning they could be hiring in preparation for the prepatch/launch, but that could still be anywhere from june to october, which isn't really new information.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    OG WoD that they showed at blizzcon with Chronal, orc clans tanaan, Farahlon, good capital cities and actual world content etc would have been fucking amazing. WoD truly is the worst handled expansion ever for almost any game. So much potential. Even more potential than Cata imo.
    I dunno about worst-handled, but certainly it was the most disappointing transition from amazing concept to deeply mediocre reality. I still feel Cata was a worse expansion for various reasons, but it was less of an "unfulfilled promise" deal and more of "fuck up" deal.

Trial of Atlantis is the only other expansion I can think of for an MMO that competes with WoD on this. That some amazing basic concepts, and sounded, on some levels, like it would add a ton to the game (Dark Age of Camelot in this case - fucking amazing game in 2001-2004 btw), but turned to basically be a giant PvE mandatory grind deal (albeit one so atmospheric and cool in tone that WoW could learn a thing or two) stuck on to a game where the entire point of the game was that it wasn't a massive PvE grind (unlike most MMOs of the era). Also my first introduction to "underwater zones suck in MMOs".

Quote Originally Posted by Xelium View Post
    Sick, thanks! I cannot wait to see it! Can we know what it's based on.
    Just kind of the “great seas” expansion, but how I’d love it to be done... things i’ve Wanted since Wrath pretty much.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    I've been thinking about the possibility of an underground expansion and I don't think it's that far-fetched depending on how they handle the wound in Silithus. If it's just a new WoE, I don't see them going underground. However, considering the immense size of Old Gods, it could lead to cavernous Quiraj cities built into the body of C'thun. If they went a similar route with Azjol-Nerub and then added Ny'alotha, it could arguably work out.

I think the biggest issue might be zone diversity though.
    I was going to agree but I do think, if anyone could do all-underground and still have good zone diversity, it'd be Blizzard - I mean with TBC and Wrath, for example, they had quite distinct themes ("a ravaged world full of floating rocks and alien visions", and "The Icy North") that might have lead to repetitive zones with a less-able company, but Blizzard did a good job. The Broken Isles, likewise - on paper it's just rocks and ruins, but the actual experience is almost over-distinct, rather than too similar!

The one reason I think they wouldn't do all-underground (something Mythic tried with DAoC's Catacombs expansion - Mythic also had excellent world designers, albeit of a quite distinct kind to those of WoW) was that it can get oppressive-feeling to be underground all the time, and Blizzard are quite sensitive to anything that might make people feel negative about the world/zones in that way, because I think they feel it causes people to quit (especially very casual players).

But again, if anyone could do it...

It's also worth noting that if they wanted to do a "flying from day 1" expansion, perverse as it might sound, underground is the way to go. Because you can have stuff on the sides and at the top and so on, quite naturally, it works well with WoW-style flying. But again that might be a mark against this being likely, as they've said they want to continue the pathfinder mode (which seems reasonable).

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Also, are these new skyboxes limited to no-fly areas? Is it an illusion sustained by a 2d environment? If that's the case, it may be difficult to replicate the effect in an area that allows for flying.
    I don't see why they would be, but that is a possibility as we haven't seen them elsewhere yet. I think that's just because they're new tech though.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Summer of 2018 sounds about right for 8.0.

September 18th launch day baybeeee
    Remember that this is for doing actual dev work on something, not close to launch. I'm guessing this would be for a patch in the 8.x range or new tech for 9.0.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome View Post
    Another thing to consider is that Nagas would require gender locked classes if they were to follow the lore (which I know blizzard changes/goes against the lore all the time). I've always seen the Males act as the brute warriors while the Females were the ones casting spells.

From wowpedia:

" Naga society is matriarchal. Naga see women as superior to men. Naga men don't chafe under these conditions; rather, they are happy to serve their beautiful (for naga) mistresses. While exceptions exist, naga men perform tasks requiring physical strength and stamina, while naga women take up intellectual pursuits. Naga women are natural spellcasters and rely on magic and poison to defeat their enemies. Men mine stone and coral for building, for example, while women draw the blueprints and create the strangely delicate frescoes that adorn Nazjatar’s buildings. In military matters, men are warriors and guards, while women are generals and magi.-"
    Night Elf society was also strictly gender-role defined in WC3, that obviously got changed for them becoming playable.

I am very skeptical re: Nagas, but this isn't really a point against. I mean there's a ton of other stuff that is, but not that.

Deleted
    Not to cause unnecessary hype though, Blizzard looking for interns isn't that special. Still interesting enough to post!
    I dont see what that has to do with the next xpac.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    What patches will WoW get mid/late 2018 if not 8.0 and 8.1? It's not like we're going to have a 7.6...

The offer is to work on the next expansion, the discussion is about the "summer 2018" part being relevant or not, considering there'd probably be a training period. For all we know it could be for getting something ready late into the expansion, or even for the one afterwards.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2017-10-10 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    What patches will WoW get mid/late 2018 if not 8.0 and 8.1? It's not like we're going to have a 7.6...

The offer is to work on the next expansion, the discussion is about the "summer 2018" part being relevant or not, considering there'd probably be a training period.
    They're pretty short internships:

Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2018 – August 2018 or June 2018 – September 2018 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
    Not leaving much for training.

Quest Objectives

(Source)

It's time to get this party started!

Makes sense. They previewed 7.1 shortly before Legion release so it will be like that I imagine.

Everything.

They're pretty short internships:

Not leaving much for training.
    Typical summer job posting.

So were people actually expecting it to come out in January or December?

Some new info (not really 8.0, but let's speculate):

https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraftlor...warcraft_devs/

Interview with BlizzBlizz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PBzHRc4FZY&t=27m55s

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Some new info (not really 8.0, but let's speculate):

https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraftlor...warcraft_devs/

Interview with BlizzBlizz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PBzHRc4FZY&t=27m55s
    Player-selectable affiliation with Light or Shadow.

But, really, the supposed big thoughts in "the Light is not necessarily good" are boring. They overplay this "bad isn't really bad and good isn't really good" theme all the time. The pretense is that it is "more complex" but the complexity is completely shallow in the end. Something like the Light sometimes has to be bad to be good and a symmetrical tripe from the other side with the Dark caring about elders and babies of their own or whatever.