Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadochi View Post
    so basically what mop was? There was a huge avh war, and there was strong old god presence, and the 2 themes even got combined for the final tier.
    i am so ready

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    I'm so done with the Horde/Alliance conflict and faction barriers.

Tear it all down.
    I am with you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He's pissed at what she did to her son. The Broken Shore event didn't hurt either. So there is *depth* but ok whatevs.
    The broken shore is the worst justification for faction conflict in the lifebofbthe entire franchises. But that is what happens when blizzard insists on forcing the faction conflict downs people's throats even though it has been garbage since vanilla. That is why I want anything but a horde VA alliance expansion, especially coming off legion. "Look how great we did united, back to pointlessly killing each other for contrived terribly written reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    I'm so done with the Horde/Alliance conflict and faction barriers.

Tear it all down.
    Ruining the game in the process.

Faction war is here to stay, hopefully permanently.

Teaming up is fine, but don't tear down factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Ruining the game in the process.

Faction war is here to stay, hopefully permanently.

Teaming up is fine, but don't tear down factions.
    Time for a new playable faction to tear shit up.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    As for the other side of Azeroth, I've always thought it would be extremely lazy storywritting, unless they retconned the Forbidding/Veiled Sea into a crazy ocean with storms worse than the Maelstrom everywhere that had literally sunk every single ship ever sent into it. And even then it would have little to no connection to the stories of ancient Kalimdor and the continents that spawned from it.

I'm not sure they'd want to make Chronicles that incomplete yet, as they'd be missing a whole chapter about the Titans working on that secret continent.

Pandaria was that, and Chronicles established it as something key to the origins of Azeroth. I don't think they should play that same card again anytime soon.

An alternative would be that it is indeed a dangerous sea and that there are a few islands here and there that nobody really cares about, but pirates, goblins and other travellers could have built strongholds and safe routes to them. Mortals could have made the place interesting recently, instead of it always being an important place that somehow nobody noticed.

So no Uldums or Pandarias, but maybe an important lieutenant of Azshara, an army of kvaldir or a faction of pirates.

The skybox in Argus is not a clue either way, because it just shows the northern hemisphere and it's very cloudy.
    Could just make it that there is some kind of enemy on the other side preventing us from returning. We could make landfall and find a civilization of mixed races that were stranded there. Over patches build up strength and take out the enemy so that we can go home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Igneous42 View Post
    The broken shore is the worst justification for faction conflict in the lifebofbthe entire franchises. But that is what happens when blizzard insists on forcing the faction conflict downs people's throats even though it has been garbage since vanilla. That is why I want anything but a horde VA alliance expansion, especially coming off legion. "Look how great we did united, back to pointlessly killing each other for contrived terribly written reasons.
    I think if it ever happens again, it should be a slow progression, not a "BOOM BACK TO WAR" Like in Cataclysm there was more fighting but considering the Shattering happened, resources were scarce(Sorta ish not a fan of that little plotline but whatevs) and they fought. Eventually during the world ending, Theramore was bombed, Garrosh Horde attempted to "PAINT THIS NEW CONTINENT RED", over time Garrosh became the enemy(His True Horde) and cause a civil war within his own faction.

That made sense, with a few shortcomings(5.3 wasn't very good for Alliance)

I'm not saying an Alliance V Horde should happen again. If it must, don't do it after Legion, not really sensible, we just finished a war that dismantled one of the most powerful forces in Warcraft. Better to cool off a bit.

And I hope Sargeras/Burning Legion does come back in the far future cause why not, the Void is still dangerous and shit.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2017-10-12 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Stupid website error
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Only issue with this is how much work it would take to make sure faction viable in terms of available towns/cities and pvp. Otherwise a third faction could be great.
    One of the things I thought about for potential "go rogue" situations for characters where you could side with, say, the Defias or the Cult of the Damned, was that you'd have to have a massive fucking neon sign saying "this will fuck this character over for PvE content."

The same sort of thing could apply to a third faction--one that doesn't care about battlegrounds (or just gets excused away with Mercenary mode) and just exists to fuck with the Alliance and Horde.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    3 weeks guys

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    3 weeks guys
    3 weeks until Horde vs Alliance xpac

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leksa View Post
    3 weeks until Horde vs Alliance xpac
    Hope so, been a while since we had any huge development on that side of lore. And would let us escape from "the world is ending" theme.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by marlamin View Post
    guess that expansion is being announced at blizzcon 2018!
    Looking forward to that late 2019 release!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixAU View Post
    (*゚ヮ゚)*

Looking forward to that late 2019 release!
    #Murlocia2020Release
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Zulazibah View Post
    In a world with so many varying races, and intriguing back stories that can be developed, what is the harm in more? if anything we can become more diverse, and if you think of the time span that wow has left (10 years?) we can potentially have 5 more races , 4 faction specfic, and 1 neutral possibly) that with the addition of a class or 2, it seriously wouldnt hurt to have a couple more races to play from, PLUS new story lines that can weave into the current story AND new starting zone arc's like that of draenei or Blood elves, something to do form 1-20 that is rich in the races lore, plus there is a huge wow factor to adding new races. really freshens things up.
    Oh I haven't said there was any harm in it, just that I wasn't particularly thrilled with the idea. Blizzard struggles enough to keep existing races relevant in the story (gnomes say hellooooo), so I'd rather have them focus on them than a new race. BUT, that being said, I'm not AGAINST a new race. Damn if it's Etherals, I'd even be excited!

People who want the factions dissolved and united should leave the community permanently.

That is such a ludicrous request that it's mind boggling. You want to tear down the foundations the Warcraft universe was built on just to satiate your little hippy fantasies?

Get out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    People who want the factions dissolved and united should leave the community permanently.

That is such a ludicrous request that it's mind boggling. You want to tear down the foundations the Warcraft universe was built on just to satiate your little hippy fantasies?

Get out.
    It has nothing to do with "Hippy fantasies" The foundations of Warcraft was Alliance and well aliens that looked hellish. It got pretty sophisticated. Horde turned into victims of manipulations by Demons(So the whole Alliance and Horde conflict was originally a conflict set up by greater evils). So it was always more about the Alliance and Horde. I don't want the faction barriers removed(Minus maybe language) but

Warcraft isn't just Alliance vs Horde. There was always more to it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    I'm really starting to dig where all this speculation is taking us.

I like the idea of the Old Gods pitting us against each other in a great naval war (Tides of Darkness) only to have Queen Azshara swoop in and sink the fleets of Kul Tiras and Lordaeron (Sylvanas). Then we end up having to make our way on a great adventure across the sea and all its islands, build our own ship and erect a new fleet under our command. Perhaps we'll even resort to befriending pirates. Push back against Azshara and eventually take the fight to her. Then in the end we could begin to see more of the Void, resulting in an underground expansion in 9.0, and a Great Dark Beyond one for 10.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post

Get out.
    The issue with any expansion dealing with the faction it is point less. You cant have either side win because if they do the other will complain. Or you get what you had in MoP where both sides teamed up anyways to deal with the issue. And if you made separate raids for each faction without mirror boss fights the Mythic race would be all fucked up. Or if you did make them mirror people would call it lazy and a waste of time.

I wouldn't take the Sylvanas statue too seriously. It is because of them wanting more female heroes in the spotlight. Take the panel for example. Jaina is the spotlight hero of WoW's new content as Sylvanas was last year.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."